Running Away Together

Running Away Together

A Chapter by Rae
"

Gaby finds out some things about her engagement AND her deceased father. Running away would solve everything, but would someone be willing to run with her?

"
   "Your name is... Syrus?" Gaby asked.

   "Y-yeah." the blue haired boy said, "You aren't mad, are you?"

   "Why would I be mad?" Gaby asked, "I like your name. I have never heard of one like it."

   "Eh?!" Syrus gave her a funny look, "You haven't?"

   Gaby shook her head, "Why? Should I have?"

   "No..." Syrus said, "No. It's ok. I'm glad actually."

   Gaby's curiosity was piqued. Why would she be mad? And who else is named Syrus that she should know about?"

...


   Gaby had been spending most of her afternoons in the woods sword training with Syrus. It was odd because originally she didn't like him, but now she hung out with him everyday. Life was surely a mystery.

   "Gaby, darling." Larissa came into Gaby's room without permission again, "May I speak with you a moment?"

   "Sure, just let me finish this real quick." Gaby had been cleaning her sword before Larissa came in.

   "Please make it quick. This is urgent." Larissa sat a a couch in the room.

   Gaby put the sword down and sat on a chair, "Alright, shoot."

   Larissa narrowed her eyes, "The meeting with the Royals in in three days."

   "Ok?" Gaby asked, "And?"

   "I want you to be on your best behavior." Larissa said, "As I told you before about embarrassing me..."

   Gaby nodded, still angry at such a threat.

   "The prince has sent over the clothes that he wishes you to wear." Larissa said, "You will wear it at all times that you are with the prince."

   "Great." Gaby scoffed, "The limiting has already begun."

   "You should be grateful." Larissa narrowed her eyes again, "These are made with the finest linens. You should be honored to wear such cloth."

   "Whatever." Gaby got off the chair to grab her sword again.

   "Gaby." Larissa called her name, "You should also pack your bags."

   "EH?!" Gaby spun around, "What are you--"

   "After the meeting, you will be shown to your room." Larissa explained, "You will live there from then on."

   "Why do I have to live there?!" Gaby yelled furiously, angry that she was to be separated from her home and her beloved stepsister, Karen.

   "Don't talk back to me, ungrateful brat." Larissa growled, "I told you what to do, so do it."

   Gaby stomped up to Larissa and did the one thing she had been wanting to do for a while, she balled her hand into a fist and punched her stepmother in the right cheek. Larissa fell to the floor, holding her swollen cheek.

   "You can't tell me what to do." Gaby said, "You are just a w***e my father married."

   Larissa was astound to hear Gaby speak to her with such unkind words, though she should of been used to it by now. There was a long silence before Larissa replied, "Your father married me because you had no mother."

   "What a great idea!" Gaby said sarcastically, "He married a woman who yells at me, beats me, and treats me like I'm nothing but the ground she walks on!"

   Larissa had no comeback to that. She just sat on the floor and listened.

   "And then you did the ONE thing I could NEVER forget." Gaby growled, "You KILLED him."

   "I did not!" Larissa argued, "He killed himself!"

   "What?" Gaby's eyes widened.

   Larissa covered her mouth quickly, as if she just told Gaby a big secret.

   "What?" Gaby repeated.

   Larissa stood up, "I...have to go." She fled the room with tears in her eyes.

   The maids left as well, leaving Gaby alone to herself.

   Past images of her father came into Gaby's mind. Most of them were of him smiling and laughing at the stupid things she did to keep him from frowning. He DID have many problems in his life, and Gaby always made him feel better.

   Gaby eyed her white trinket box and opened it. Inside was a perfect aquamarine gemstone. She picked it up and fingered the engraving on the gem.

   The engraving said, "To My Darling Gaby, I Will Always Love You With All My Heart. With Love, Dad."

   Gaby let the tears trail slowly down her face. She stuffed the gem into her pocket and grabbed her sword. She then opened the window and jumped out.
...

   Syrus was laying down under a tree having a small nap. His eyebrows furrowed and he began to whimper in his slumber.

...

 
   Syrus fell to the ground, the mud to be precise.

   "Why?" Syrus looked up to the figure that was masked by the darkness of the stormy sky.

   "Because you are worthless, Syrus." said the man in the dark, "I am the new chosen now."

   "But..." Syrus tried to grab a hold of the man's leg, "please... don't do this to me..."

   The man brutally stepped on Syrus' hand, loving how Syrus cried out in pain. The man then thrust the aquamarine sword into the ground in front of Syrus, "Take this damned sword with you."

   The man left without another word. Syrus used the sword to help him stand up. He then began calling after the man, but his voice was drowned out by the wind and lightning.

...


   "Sy!" his nickname was called, "Sy! Dude! Wake up!"

   Syrus woke and sat up quickly. He looked to his left and saw Gaby's brilliant brown eyes showing hints of concern and worry.

   "Gaby." Syrus smiled, "What are you doing here?"

   Gaby sat next to him and kicked back on a rock, "Just bored."

   "Really?" Syrus gave her a look, "I can tell when you are lying, you know."

   Gaby sighed, "Yeah, I know."

   Syrus kicked back beside her, "You can tell me any time now."

   Gaby smirked, "Or I can let you just wonder for the rest of your life."

   "Ok, I get it." Syrus pouted, "Please tell me?"

   "That's better." Gaby said, "Well, it's kind of a long story."

   "I got time." Syrus grinned and Gaby did the same.

   Gaby took out her aquamarine gem and held it in her hands, "My father had been a great man. He was a loving husband and
the greatest dad I will ever know. Then, my mother died when I was young and my father remarried so I could have a mother. However, this 'new' mother was terrible. She beat me and never let me near my father. Eventually, she killed my father for his money."

   "That's horrible!" Syrus exclaimed.

   "That's not all." Gaby continued, "Today, she told me that he killed himself. I didn't believe it at first, but I saw the look in my maids' eyes. I knew she was telling the truth."

   "But why would he do such a thing?" Syrus asked.

   "I wouldn't put it beneath him." Gaby said, "He WAS under a lot of stress, and he has attempted suicide in the past."

   Syrus was in total shock. He put his hand on Gaby's, which was on the gem.

   "Let's run away together." Syrus said, "We can go anywhere we want."

   Gaby gave him a look and he laughed nervously and got up, saying, "Just kidding."

   Gaby got up too and she took a hold of his hand, lacing their fingers. Syrus had a confused look on his face.

   "Where are we going?" Gaby asked.

   Syrus tightened his grip on her hand and asked, "Anywhere you want to go?"

   "Anywhere but here." Gaby smiled.

   "Alright then." Syrus began walking further into the woods with Gaby still holding onto his hand.



© 2012 Rae


Author's Note

Rae
Sorry for the short chapter, but things start to get worse come next chapter. Lol. ^^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

T^T SAD!!! DX That's totally messed. But aw! ^^ Running away together... -sigh- Lol, I really liked this chapter! =D Need to read the next one! I hope you post it soon! :DDD

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
1 Review
Added on March 6, 2011
Last Updated on June 7, 2012


Author

Rae
Rae

About
Some interesting facts about me: I'm non-binary and use They/Them pronouns, I'm a Taurus, and I have severe depression that self-sabotages me every waking moment. I've been writing since I was in 5.. more..

Writing
Dorm Life Dorm Life

A Book by Rae


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Rae