Gabae: Roller Coasters Rock

Gabae: Roller Coasters Rock

A Chapter by Rae
"

Gaby/Rae: The two girls have a "date" at the Hanayashiki Amusement Park.

"

    The day was finally done for Gaby, and the next day was a day off for the American. She skipped happily towards the courtyard, where she was to meet Ali to go shopping in Ginza. As she hopped along, a voice called out to her.


    “Gaby-chan! Wait up!” the voice called.


    Gaby stopped immediately and turned around, only to be greeted by her friend and tutor, Rae. The woman’s heels clicked loudly as she ran towards her student.


    “Rae-sensei?” Gaby asked, “What is it?”


    “Gaby-chan~” Rae cooed, “No need to be so formal with me when it is just us. ‘Rae’ is fine. Anyway, I was wondering if you were a fan of amusement parks.”


    “Oh,” Gaby responded, perplexed, “I love amusement parks. Especially roller coasters.”


    “So, you are a thrill joy?” Rae smiled widely, “That’s great! Because the Hanayashiki Amusement Park in Taito just got a new roller coaster called the ‘Kawaii Comet’ which has a 400-foot drop. They opened it last week, but I couldn’t go due to work. I was hoping I could get a friend to go with me, which is why I’m asking you. Would you like to go with me tomorrow? I know it’s last minute-”


    Gaby nodded enthusiastically. “Yes! Yes, I will!! That sounds like so much fun! I’m so excited!”


    Rae smiled widely. “Alrighty. I’ll see you tomorrow morning. Meet me in the Courtyard?”


    “Okay! I’ll see you tomorrow!”


    “See you then,” Rae said. She waved and walked off back towards the school.


    Gaby jumped up and down in excitement. She didn’t notice someone come up from behind her.


    “What’s got you so excited?” the person behind her asked.


    The girl jumped in a new way before she whipped around to see the person she was supposed to meet. “Ali! You scared me!”


    “And you didn’t answer my question,” Ali responded.


    “Rae-sensei asked me to go with her to the Hanayashiki Amusement Park tomorrow! I haven’t been to an amusement park here in Tokyo yet, so I’m super excited.”


    Ali gave her a smirk. “Oh. So, you two are going on a date?”


    Gaby’s face flushed. “W-what?! N-no!”


    “Jeez, Gaby. I’m playing with you,” Ali laughed out, “So, we goin or what?”


    “Yeah! Of course!” Gaby followed the other out of the school.


    The next day came and Gaby quickly got ready for her day out with Rae. She put on her shorts and T-shirt, only to have her dormmates criticize it when she came out to show them.


    “Is that what you’re wearing on your date with Rae-sensei?” Kyo asked.


    “Oh, Gaby-tan…” Ken said with a small grimace.


    “You look like s**t,” Daisuke stated aloud.


    “You guys!” Gaby whined, “One; it’s not a date. Two; I look fine! These are the clothes I always wear!”


     Ken and Kyo exchanged looks. “That’s the point we’re trying to make, Gaby-tan,” Ken explained, “Why not wear something cuter?”


    “Like what?” Gaby asked.


    The two boys raided her closet, while Daisuke played on his phone. Gaby fidgeted nervously as the boys grabbed clothes and flung them around the closet in search for something more formal. They pulled out a dress that Nancy, Gaby’s grandmother, sent her for her birthday. It had a white top with thin straps and pale blue tulle skirt flowing from the hips out.


    “Is this your only dress?” Kyo asked.


    “Of course it is,” Gaby answered, “I don’t wear dresses all that much!”


    “Clearly,” Daisuke snarked from where he sat.


    Gaby pouted and grabbed the dress from them. She pushed all of them out of her room to change. When she got out, both Ken and Kyo clapped excitedly.


    “Now that looks like dating attire,” Kyo said.


    “Isn’t it time for you to meet up with Rae-sensei?” Ken asked.


    “Yeah, okay! Bye! I’ll see you guys later.” Gaby rushed out of the window before any of them could say anything further about the ‘date’. She made her way out to the courtyard where she looked around for the other girl. Her Avengers Infinity War watch, which she wore constantly, shown that she was late by several minutes, yet there was no sign of Rae.


    Gaby continued to look around until she heard hurried footsteps that came her way. She turned to see Rae as she sped walked towards her. Rae had on simple jeans and a flowy shirt, paired with sneakers instead of her usual heels.


    “Gaby-chan, you look so cute today!” Rae called out to her, “And here I am looking like a slob.”


    “I overdressed!” Gaby shouted, “Ken and Kyo practically forced me into this.”


    Rae giggled. “Well, it suits you nicely. Shall we get going?”


    It didn’t take long to reach the park after they arrived at the station. The two walked on over to the Hanayashiki Amusement Park to get their tickets. Gaby peered into the large park and towering above all the rest of the attractions was the new roller coaster, “Kawaii Comet”. It was pink and cutesy with pictures of cute anime characters. Gaby’s eyes lit up when she saw the roller coaster drop.


    “I can’t wait to ride that,” Gaby said in awe. Her eyes sparkled as she continued to watch it.


    Rae laughed. “Okay, okay. I got our wristbands. Come over here and put yours on.”


    Gaby did as she was told. “You didn’t have to spend your money on me like that.”


    “I did ask you on this date, so naturally I’d be the one to pay for things, right?” Rae replied, “But if it’ll make you feel better, you can buy the snacks.”


    “D-date?!” Gaby chocked out, but Rae had already moved further into the park. Gaby ran to match her stride.


    The “date” went well. They rode plenty of the rides and saved the “Kawaii Comet” for last. The roller coaster towered over them as they stood in line. Gaby glanced at Rae multiple times during the “date”. Was this really a “date”?


    When it was their turn, the pair got into the first two seats next to each other and snapped in. Gaby’s hands sweated in anticipation, and Rae clutched the bar tightly.


    “Here we go,” Rae said. She scooted closer to Gaby as the roller coaster started to move. It moved upward towards the first drop, which wasn’t the main drop, but it made the roller coaster go faster. There were a few loops and twists before the 400-foot drop. When they got to it, Rae grabbed onto Gaby’s hand, who squeezed back as the roller coaster descended at an alarming rate.


    Screams were heard throughout the park as the coaster dove towards the ground. The rest of the ride went by so fast that as it finally ended, Rae and Gaby’s hair were wild from the wind. They got off the ride, both laughing hard.


    “That was amazing!” Gaby cheered, “I definitely want to go on it again!”


    “Yeah?” Rae asked, “We have wristbands, so we totally could.”


    As the two scrambled to get back in line, Gaby nervously tapped her foot on the ground. She looked up at Rae, who smiled back at her, before she asked, “Rae? Is this a date?”


    “Well-” Rae started, but Gaby cut her off.


    “Because everyone has been calling it a date, even you,” Gaby explained, “And I personally wouldn’t mind it being a date…”


    “Really?” Rae said, “You wouldn’t mind?”


    Gaby shook her head. “I wouldn’t mind this being a date, but I have to ask why you asked me to go out today. What are your true intentions?”


    “Ha. You make me sound so sinister,” Rae smiled, “But I understand. I have to confess, my intention WAS to just ask you as a friend, but I would prefer it if this was a date.”


    Heat rose in Gaby’s cheeks. “I… I haven’t told anyone this, other than Ali, but I’m Bi. Are you Bi too, Rae?”


    Rae shrugged. “To be honest, I’ve never given it much thought. Whomever was cute to me was cute to me, you know? I don’t have a preference.”


    “Oh wow,” Gaby said, “So, you think I’m cute?”


    “Most definitely!”


    Gaby couldn’t help but giggle at the thought. “I never thought someone would think I’m cute.”


    Rae frowned. “Are you kidding me?! If the whole damn world doesn’t think you’re cute, then they are blind!”


    “Oh stop!” Gaby batted playfully at Rae’s shoulder.


    Rae reached over and placed a chaste kiss on Gaby’s forehead. The other girl’s face bloomed in a deep red color.


    “I hope that wasn’t too forward of me,” Rae said, “Now let’s get onto that roller coaster!”


    Gaby nodded furiously as their turn to go was up. They got into the two front seats and as the ride started, Gaby and Rae shared a smile before the first drop.


Happy Pride Month, Everybody!!!



© 2018 Rae


Author's Note

Rae
Here is the third fic dedicated to Pride Month. I have to say that this came out WAY longer than I originally planned. I try to make these fics not long at all, so that they can be read quickly and easily. However, this one was over 1400 words! The last fic didn't reach 1000 and even that I considered too long! But all is fine because it still came out during Pride Month (I have a habit of procrastinating, can you tell?).

I'm going to state here that Gaby is canonically Bisexual (like Shimeji), and will be portrayed as such in Dorm Life. And I'm going to be honest with you guys, since Rae is ME in DL. I've been questioning my own sexuality for a while, and that's why I decided to make myself this way in this writing.

LGBTQ+ representation, especially in today's society, is extremely important. Therefore, if I have made any mistakes or if you have something to add, feel free to comment or message me about it. I am open-minded and would love to hear your thoughts and/or constructive criticism.

Happy Pride Month!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on June 25, 2018
Last Updated on July 13, 2018


Author

Rae
Rae

About
Some interesting facts about me: I'm non-binary and use They/Them pronouns, I'm a Taurus, and I have severe depression that self-sabotages me every waking moment. I've been writing since I was in 5.. more..

Writing
Dorm Life Dorm Life

A Book by Rae


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Rae