Ryuusuke and Gaby's Story: Part Three(Final)

Ryuusuke and Gaby's Story: Part Three(Final)

A Chapter by Rae
"

Ryuu and Gaby go to the Sakura Festival, but Ryuu still can't forget Kya. WARNING: s**t happens.

"
   Gaby wore a worried frown on her face as she got ready for the festival. She brushed through her silky dark locks and sighed.

   "I wonder if Ryuu will be okay." Gaby spoke to herself, "It's been a few days, but he must still be in pain. Just how much did he like her?"

   A knock sounded at her door and she rushed to get it. It was Kyo. He smiled at her.

   "Ryuu is waiting for you." Kyo smiled nervously. "A word of advice, Gaby. Please don't get your hopes up."

   Gaby raised a brow. "About?"

   "Getting with Ryuu. I don't think he'll come around for a long while."

   "I have to at least try, right?"

   "..."

   Gaby shook her head and said, "Kya told me that this was good for him. I'm taking her word for it."

   "If you say so." Kyo said, "I just don't want to see your heart get broken. Same with the rest of the crew. We worry, you know."

   "I know. I'll be fine. If we don't get together, then that's fine too. I want to see if I have a chance or not..."

   "Be careful then." Kyo ruffled her hair.

   "I just did my hair, Kyo!" Gaby whined.

   Gaby rushed the brush through her hair again. With one last look in the mirror, she raced out to see Ryuu in his normal school uniform. He wore a frown and shoved his hands into his pockets.

   Ali nudged him with an elbow, but Ryuu shook him off.

   "Ready?" Ryuu asked.

   "Yup!" Gaby piped, "Let's go!"

   The rest of the crew grabbed their respectable partners and they all went to the festival together.

...

   Every couple went their separate ways, which meant Gaby was all alone with Ryuu. Ryuu remained silent, as if he was in deep thought. Gaby marveled at all the brightly colored lights and bustling people.

   "This is my first time here." Gaby said quietly, "It's beautiful, don't you think?'

   Ryuu did not answer. He simply looked away, refusing to look at Gaby. This made Gaby sigh and frown.

   'This doesn't seem to be going well.' she thought to herself, 'Come on, Gaby! You are the matchmaker here! Think!'

   Something shiny caught her curious eyes and she looked. It was a silver ring on Ryuu's right hand. She raised a brow and went to touch it. Ryuu felt the touch and snatched his hand away.

   "S-sorry!" Gaby apologized, "I didn't mean to startle you. I was only curious about that ring of yours."

   Ryuu gave a glare. "It's... something I made a long time ago."

   "Really? It's pretty." Gaby said.

   Ryuu nodded. "It is. That's why I gave it to Kya..."

   "Oh..." Gaby grew silent after that.

   Ryuu continued though, "It was meant to be a promise. A promise that one day we could tie the knot and finally be together. However, she gave it back because she loves someone else. Ever since she moved to Osaka to go to university, she stopped loving me."

   Tears formed in Gaby's eyes, but she held them back. "You really loved her, huh?"

   "'Love', Gaby. I am still in love with her." Ryuu rubbed the ring with his thumb. "Sorry, Gaby. I can't return your feelings. I'm sorry."

   Gaby stopped dead in her tracks. She breathed in deeply and thought for a moment.

   "Gaby?" Ryuu asked.

   "Then go steal her back."

   "What?"

   Gaby faced him with a wide smile on her face. "I said steal her back! If you really love her, then you should fight for her, right?"

   Ryuu was taken aback. "But..."

   Gaby suddenly held her stomach. "Oh... my tummy suddenly hurts, Ryuu. Sorry, I think I need to go home. Talk to you later, okay?" Gaby took off back in the direction of the college.

   "Wait! If your stomach hurts, why are you running?!" Ryuu shouted.

   Gaby swerved through everyone, eyes blurry from the tears that had started spilling out. 'I'm sorry, Kyo. I knew I said it would be fine, but it won't be.' she thought.

...

   Ryuu had returned to the college and knocked on Dorm 3's door, but no one answered. He sighed and returned to his own dorm. He sat on the couch and stared at the ring intensely.

...

   Dorm 4's door opened and Ali and Shimeji came in, smiling after having a great time. They stopped short, seeing Ryuu on the couch.

   "Hey, Ryuu." Shimeji greeted, "Why are you home before us? Did something happen?"

   Ryuu remained silent. The two walked a bit closer and saw Ryuu staring at the ring on his finger.

   Ali growled and pointed to the door, never taking his eyes off Ryuu, "Shimeji. Go outside for a moment. I need to talk to Ryuu. Alone."

   Shimeji gulped and nodded, running out the door. Ali stood in front of Ryuu with his arms folded.

   "Is that THE ring?" Ali asked.

   "None of your business." Ryuu mumbled.

   "F**k yeah it is!" Ali yelled, "You need to f*****g get rid of it!"

   Ryuu stood up. "It's my damn ring! I can do with it as I please!"

   "She gave you back the ring because she doesn't want to be with you anymore." Ali said calmly, "So just give up on her and get rid of it. It only serves as a reminder."

   "F**k off, Ali." Ryuu growled, "I don't need your help."

   "You obviously do, a*****e. You can't let go of your ex and it is killing you. Not to mention it is probably killing Gaby as well."

   "Don't bring her into this! I don't love her, okay?!"

   "Why are you so f*****g stubborn?!"

   "I even told her! She knows I don't like her!"

   Ali's eyes widened. "You didn't. Tell me you did not tell her all that!"

   Ryuu looked away. "I did."

   Ali took a few angry breaths before lunging right at Ryuu with an animalistic yell.

...

   Kentaro, Daisuke, Kyo, and Shimeji sat around talking when a sound came from the next dorm.

   "I bet it's Ali and Ryuu again." Kyo sighed.

   Shimeji gulped. "I think we should go break it up this time."

   "Why?" Daisuke asked, "Don't they always fight?"

   "Yeah, but this time..." Shimeji began, "I think Ali really wants to do harm. He told me to get out before he started yelling."

   Ken gasped. "That's unusual. Let's go then."

   The four of them rushed over, slammed the door open, and gaped when they saw Ali on top of Ryuu with his hands around his throat in a vice grip. Ryuu struggled below, making choking sounds as he tried to pry off the former yakuza's hands.

   All four grabbed Ali and heaved him off. Ryuu scrambled up and held his throat.

   Ali fought against the guys. "Let me go! That b*****d deserves to die!"

   Ryuu couldn't watch anymore. His eyes went straight to the floor. Knocking at the door broke everyone's trance as they turned towards the sound. Ryuu walked over and opened it.

   "K-Kya?!" Ryuu gasped.

   Kya looked at her feet as she said, "Hello, Ryuu."

   Ryuu turned to his friends. "Uh, this is Kya. Kya, these are my dorm mates."

   Kya bowed. "Pleased to meet you."

   The boys bowed awkwardly.

   "What are you doing here?" Ryuu asked.

   "I was asked here." Kya said.

   "By whom?"

...
(Kya's POV)

   I was walking with my boyfriend, Narumi, when Gaby ran up to me. I was stunned because I did not know why she would even be in Osaka.

   "Gaby?" I asked. She looked at me and I noticed the tears on her face. I was taken aback.

   "Please, Kya!" Gaby cried, "Please get back together with Ryuu!"

   "What?" I asked, glancing at my boyfriend.

   "Please? He loves you. He loves you so much."

   "I'm... sorry. I can't..." I told her.

   Gaby got down on her knees. "Please...I'm begging you. He can't live without you. He's so sad and miserable. I can't stand to see him like that. Please..."

   I was hesitant, but I said, "Alright. I'll see him."

   "Thank you." Gaby smiled.


...
(Normal POV)

   Everyone was baffled as they sat all along the table. Kya wiped her teary eyes as she told her story.

   Kya continued, "So I came here to say that I'm sorry for hurting you, Ryuu."

   Ryuu opened his mouth, but closed it after. He had nothing to say.

   "Where's Gaby now?" Ken asked her.

   "I don't know." Kya confesses, "After I came inside the lobby, I lost sight of her." Kya's cell phone buzzed and she picked it up.

   Ryuu noticed Kya reading the message and smiling happily at it. Her eyes shown love and her smile shown happiness. Ryuu bit his lip.

   "You love him." Ryuu said, "You love him a lot."

   Kya blushed. "What?"

   "I get it, okay." Ryuu sighed, "I won't think about you ever again. Just... make sure he takes good care of you. Okay?"

    Kya was dumbfounded, but a smile shown on her lips as she said, "I will. Thank you, Ryuu."

   Ryuu nodded. "Then I guess there is places we both have to be?"

   "Huh?"

   "I'll see you later." Ryuu dashed out of the dorm room and down to the lobby.

   Kasi noticed him running and smiled. "Go get her."

   Ryuu gave her a short wave and ran out the doors.

...

   Gaby sighed as she rested her head on the rail. She stared out onto the bay with sad eyes.

   "I wonder if they actually got together." Gaby asked herself, "I just hope Ryuu is happy."

   She tapped her shoes on the bridge as she grew silent once more.

...

   "Gaby!" Ryuu called as he ran around. "Where the hell is she?"

   Ryuu ran all across the city and found her nowhere. The last place he was going to check was the bridge over Tokyo Bay. Hopefully she was there. Ryuu arrived at the bridge and heaved a sigh of relief as he saw the girl with her head down.

   Ryuu walked over to her and put his arms on the rail beside her. "Something got you down?"

   Gaby did not look up. "Just standing here, being miserable."

   "I'm sorry I made you feel that way." Ryuu apologized, "Listen, I broke it off with Kya for good."

   Gaby raised her head up. "Eh?!"

   Ryuu took off the silver ring and chucked it straight into the bay. He smiled and said, "You know, I never liked that ring on me."

   Gaby gave a small smile. "Why would you do that?"

   "She loves someone else. I can't change that." Ryuu began, "And I thought I would never be able to change myself, but then one girl came along and showed me that things could work out. Not just for me, but for everyone. She made everyone happy and it is thanks to her that I can finally move on."

    Gaby blushed and looked away, embarrassed by his words.

    "I might not be able to forget Kya so easily." Ryuu continued, "But it helps knowing that someone else loves me, perhaps even more than I think. Gaby, would you like to try being my girlfriend? I can't guarantee that I won't f**k up, but I'm willing to try and change."

    Ryuu held his hand out to her. Gaby brushed back her wind blown hair and giggled, taking his hand.

   "Alright." Gaby nodded. "I'll try to put up with you. I don't know how Ali does it, but I'll try."

   "He tried to choke me today. He has a vice grip like hell!"

   Both of them laughed heartily as they walked back to the dorm rooms with fingers intertwined.


© 2012 Rae


Author's Note

Rae
How was it, folks?! Now, before you start crying, there is one chapter left after this and it will lead into the next story of DL. Stay tuned for the final chapter coming soon! ^^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I dont feel like Ryuu's heart is in it.
He's still a dippy jerkface.
But at least Gaby is happy!! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ali
that was so f*****g good.i cant believe its gonna end.f*****g finally

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

399 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 19, 2012
Last Updated on December 22, 2012


Author

Rae
Rae

About
Some interesting facts about me: I'm non-binary and use They/Them pronouns, I'm a Taurus, and I have severe depression that self-sabotages me every waking moment. I've been writing since I was in 5.. more..

Writing
Dorm Life Dorm Life

A Book by Rae


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Rae