Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

A Chapter by Rae
"

Gaby has a rather frightening dream from the events of yesterday.

"
   Gaby's eyes were wide and alert even at seven in the morning. She sighed and sat up. Last night had been pretty rough as she could not sleep at all. Oh well. She'd have time on the drive home.

   She got up rapidly and began packing really quick. A knock came from her door and Kasi came in holding Arthur.

   "Ready?" she asked.

   "Almost." Gaby smiled and went on packing when Kasi left the room.

   When Gaby had finished, she brought her bags out to the car and there she saw Kasi calling someone from afar. The person she was calling to was Yuka. Yuka and a... boy.

   "YUKA!" Kasi cried, "Don't ignore me! Your lovely cousin wants to meet your boyfriend!"

   "Boyfriend?" Gaby asked, "She must have used that extra ticket I gave her to go with him. How sweet."

   Ali shook his head next to her, "If Yuka can get a boyfriend, so can you, Gaby. Just make a damn move on Ryuu already. Everyone is tired of the two of you fighting it."

   Gaby's cheeks lit up, "We'll get together if we want to." Even if Ali said what he did, Gaby still thought of last nights things when Ali told everyone that he could have ended up with Ryuu.

   Kasi gave up calling Yuka and got into the minivan with a pout, "Fine. I'll just have to coax it out of her later. Get in, everyone!"

   The same seating chart from when they arrived was put into place and they drove off without any hesitation. The roads bumps were calming and it took no time in lulling Gaby into a crazy nightmarish version of her life.

...

   Gaby was back in her dorm room with the rest of her friends. It was a normal Sunday get-together night and the crew were sitting on the couches and laughing. Gaby approached them and almost screamed.

   Kasi was a giant. She sat with her legs tucked beside her and her head reached the ceiling. Shimeji was a tiny fairy with wings who flew around Kasi, kissing her face. Kasi giggled and playfully swatted him away, but she didn't consider her strength because Shimeji flew into the cabinets and slumped to the floor.

   If that wasn't disturbing to Gaby, the fact that Daisuke had long hair and breasts surely did. Daisuke, the female version, sat on Ken's lap, kissing him. Ken didn't seem to mind because his hands slid up Daisuke's body to grope his(her?) chest.

   Then she almost chocked. She couldn't believe her eyes as she stared at Ali and Ryuu. Ali straddled a shirtless Ryuu and was smirking.

   "You want me to hurt you, Sakura?" Ali growled playfully.

   "Yes, Ali-Sexy." Ryuu purred.

   Ali pinched Ryuu's n*****s rather viciously. "You like being in pain, don't you?"

   Ryuu moaned, "Ah! Y-yes! Harder!"

   Gaby's eye twitched in disgust, but as she averted her eyes from the perversion, she was met with the last member of the crew she hadn't seen yet. It was Kyo in his old Yakuza outfit.

   "Kyo?" Gaby asked, "Why are you letting Ali and Ryuu do that?! Don't you love Ali?!"

   Kyo shook his head, "Gaby, my love, you are the only one for me."

   "EH?!" Gaby gaped.

   Kyo took her hand and got on one knee, "Oh fair maiden! I knew from the moment I saved you that night that we would be together! I'm so glad I saved you, for if I hadn't, you would be back in America where we would be apart. I would not and could not stand for that! Let us make love tonight!"

   Gaby scoffed and slammed her foot into Kyo's face. She let out a scream that demanded attention. All her friends stopped their actions to stare at the girl.

   "D****t!" Gaby yelled, "This isn't right! This is all messed up! Kasi! You aren't a damn giant! And Shimeji, you aren't a fairy! You both are totally normal and don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise!"

   Kasi began to shrink and Shimeji began to grow until they both reached their normal height.

   "Daisuke!" Gaby turned to him. "You aren't a women, you'll never be one, so just quit it!"

   Daisuke immediately turned back into a male.

   "Kyo, you are suppose to be madly in love with Ali and no one else!"

   Kyo nodded hesitantly.

   "Ali, get off of Ryuu because you hate him and always will! Sure, you guys are most likely best friends, but you don't like each other like that! You like degrading each other on a regular basis and that's all!"

   Ali got off Ryuu and stood up. Ryuu followed the suit.

   "And Ryuu!" Gaby marched right up to him. "You are suppose to be with ME! Me and no one else! Got it?!"

   Ryuu's look of surprise melted into a look of admiration. "I never knew you felt that way about me..."

   Gaby blushed, "W-well..."

   Ryuu smiled sweetly, "Oh, Gaby. You're so funny. What made you think that we'd ever be together?"

   Gaby froze. "W-what?"

   "I'm sorry, but I'll never like you like that."

   Everyone else but Gaby and Ryuu disappeared. The room was pitch black and soon Ryuu disappeared as well. Gaby's knees gave way and she sat on the ground, shocked.

   We can't be together.

   Why would I ever like you?

   You are nothing to me.


   Gaby kept hearing Ryuu's voice over and over. She screamed as loud as she could to try and drown his out.


...

   "GABY!"

   Gaby's eyes snapped open and she looked around. Kasi had pulled over to the side of the road and was simply staring at her with wide eyes. Gaby glanced back and the boys in the back were in shock.

   "Are you okay, Gaby?" Ali asked.

   Gaby shook her head. She put Arthur in Kasi's lap, opened the car door, and jumped out, closing the door behind her. Gaby ran over to the streetlight and sat under it.

   The car passengers stared at one another and all at once said, "What the hell?"

   Kasi hugged Arthur. "She was screaming as if she was afraid. What could she have been dreaming about?"

   Ali growled, "Go talk to her, Ryuu."

   "Why me?" Ryuu sighed, "I'm sick and tired of everyone telling me that we should be together."

   Everyone gave him a glare. Ryuu remained dogmatic and stayed where he was.

   Ali gestured for his boyfriend to open the door. When Kyo did, Ali and Shimeji used their combined strength and shoved Ryuu out the door. Ryuu cried out in surprise as he fell to the ground outside. Ken, Daisuke, and Kyo all closed the door immediately after.

   Ryuu got up and dusted himself off. He growled at the tinted windows and gave the door a hefty kick before putting his hands in his pockets and walking towards Gaby.

   Gaby had her face down with her arms around her knees. Ryuu heard soft sobs as he drew closer to her. He took a seat right next to her.

   "Go. Away." Gaby said without looking.

   "Can't." Ryuu replied, "They locked me out."

   Gaby sighed and gave him a glance, "What do you want?"

   "Nothing. Just wanted to know why you were screaming like death in the car."

   "I was having... a dream."

   "More like a nightmare."

   "Yeah..."

   "About?" Ryuu asked curiously.

   Gaby hesitated. "I... was dreaming of how I am a burden to all of you..."

   "Really?" Ryuu said with suspicion.

   "Yes..." Gaby continued, "and all I could hear was 'You are a burden'. I had to scream just so I wouldn't be able to hear it anymore."

   "I see."

   They sat in a momentary silence.

   "Gaby. Listen." Ryuu began, "I don't want you to think that I don't like you or anything. I just... don't want to be with anyone right now. Maybe we can just be friends? If you are willing to wait for me..."

   Gaby smiled a tiny bit, "Okay, I think I can wait."

   Ryuu returned a smile, "Thanks." He got up and offered her a hand.

   She took it and pulled herself up. They two shared smiles before walking back to the van. Gaby got in the front and Ryuu in the back. Ryuu properly punished those who kicked him out before staring at the back of Gaby's head with a frown.

   Gaby, totally oblivious to Ryuu's stare, let her smile fall back into a neutral frown.

   "Ryuu, what the hell happened?" Shimeji asked.

   Ryuu ignored him and simply said to himself, "She was lying."


© 2012 Rae


Author's Note

Rae
Wasn't Gaby's dream totally fucked up? Why do you think Gaby lied to Ryuu? How did Ryuu know she was lying? Why haven't I updated in so long?

The answer to the last question is because I am RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS. I already told people that I was accepting ideas from people. I will properly cite whomever ideas I use. I just need filler ideas. If you are willing to help, please do.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh, interesting chapter. I'm glad you posted it. :D It was great!

That dream was pretty strange, though, and I'm pretty sure I'd freak out if I was having it. Though I'm curious as to why she was lying.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Rae

11 Years Ago

Thanks for the review! It gets crazier from here. I've got this one idea that I might put into place.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

361 Views
1 Review
Added on October 10, 2012
Last Updated on November 13, 2012


Author

Rae
Rae

About
Some interesting facts about me: I'm non-binary and use They/Them pronouns, I'm a Taurus, and I have severe depression that self-sabotages me every waking moment. I've been writing since I was in 5.. more..

Writing
Dorm Life Dorm Life

A Book by Rae


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Rae