Breath

Breath

A Story by AE
"

And in the process of that exhale, a loose organ that’s been dangling in your chest from strands of tissue and veins over the past two weeks lightens.

"

I couldn’t breathe.

 

I don’t think people are aware how scary that is until it happens. I couldn’t breathe, the air was being sucked out of me through my side. 


I couldn’t breathe. 


You inhale and exhale through your nose, but have you felt like you were exhaling without choice before? Exhaling without choice through your side. And in the process of that exhale, a loose organ that’s been dangling in your chest from strands of tissue and veins over the past two weeks lightens. You hear water pouring out into a bucket beside you and you realize it’s your body fluid and it stained your pants. Organ water. That’s mostly clear, but sort of red from sitting in your chest cavity surrounded by pockets of blood. It stains your white t-shirt pink. That fluid you hear rushing like a waterfall, that loose organ you felt like a water balloon growing between your lungs, diaphragm, and heart. That watery fist just got dumped into a bucket after the doctors popped you with a needle and sucked it out with a wet-dry vacuum.

© 2024 AE


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

"A loose organ" indeed.? Well, for a while I just had to assume that it was the heart; until that soon seemed ruled out. Could this have been based upon, a real life experience of the writer; or linked in some way with an actual personal experience? It reminded me a bit, of a subgenre within horror; known as "body horror". Of course, the breathing difficulty which is emphasised; only adds another level of sheer terror for the hapless and physically helpless protagonist..! Interesting and original, AE. I accept "read requests" on this site too.

Posted 1 Week Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

11 Views
1 Review
Added on September 20, 2024
Last Updated on October 7, 2024
Tags: surgery, medical, trauma, blood, gore, hospital, second person, journal, journal entry

Author

AE
AE

somewhere in, CT



Writing
Go Go

A Poem by AE


Runaway Runaway

A Story by AE