Woodpecker Peak

Woodpecker Peak

A Chapter by Karra

Tonight I ask for forgiveness, for I have sinned once again. For the money I steal is not to feed mine, but my dying mother's mouth and the scarce amount of people left in this forgotten town, Woodpecker peak. Where the trees were once as tall as mountains. And of course, woodpeckers and other wild life that lived either inside of them or among them.That was until a blood thirsty Monarch burned it down, and butchered half of the towns residents, but that's a talk for some other time. In the mean while, my name is Analise Grey,  but you can call me Ana. I'm one of the few that survived, a long with my two best friends Serenity and Jaydin. We call ourselves The Ashes, because we were born after the fire. We inhabit the sewers, sure, it's not fancy but there's some perks to living in there. Like, having access to every house or pub in the city. No thanks to Serenity, the master mind. She comes up with all the plans and it's our job to make sure they get done. And in order for these jobs to get done, we need disguises, which is where I come in. And Jaydin's there to make sure we don't screw up or get ourselves killed, or I don't get myself killed. Sometimes I forget why we do this and let revenge consume me, but she's always there to bandage me up and snap me back into reality, that's right, she's a doctor, well, a doctor in training. She's following in her father's footsteps to I guess, honor his memory. But, he'd proud of her, I know I sure am. And Serenity.. well, she had a tough child hood, but she doesn't like to speak about it. She's an orphan, and sometimes I can't tell if she's either happy or sad about that. And me? Well, I never knew my father, he died before I was born.



© 2013 Karra


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on March 1, 2013
Last Updated on March 2, 2013