The Unforgettable Look..

The Unforgettable Look..

A Story by Karishma Naik
"

This is an actual incident that happened a few months ago with me..Locations are a bit changed..

"

This was a few months back..But a friend told me about this incident that happened with her a few days back that reminded me of a funny and similar incident which occurred months ago with me..


It was a sunny afternoon of March I suppose. I had just got back a newly bought kurti from the alteration. I wore it and went off to see a friend. I don't always look at myself in 'Awe'. As my friend says that I am a highly self-obsessed person which at some level is true but not always. There are days that I just look at myself and think why would I even be self-obsessed..But then there are days like that one..I myself looked and thought that I have never in my life looked half as good as I looked that day. I looked good, I felt pretty, and was in complete ‘awe’ of myself..How very self-obsessed.. Ha-ha!

Later that same noon while I was on my way to meet this friend of mine we had to change plans and go to Bombay Central instead to hand over his stupid Laptop to the service center. We took a train and as I hate to travel by myself when I have company I jumped into the Gents compartment along with my friend. It’s funny but even at the afternoon hours Mumbai's Western Railway doesn't fail to witness a big crowd. Somehow we did find ourselves seats and sat opposite each other. 


After Dadar, the train was nearly half emptied. And so was the seat next to my friend. So I sat next to him and then we were watching some video. We had each end of the earphones in our ears and were busy watching the video when I kind of felt like being watched. I looked through the corner of my eye but couldn't see clearly but I saw someone sitting a few seats away at a window seat looking in my direction. I ignored and looked back into the phone..Suddenly the person standing in front my seat near the door moved and my hair started flying and messing itself up. I had to immediately look away from the phone to set my hair back to normal and that’s when I realized I now had a clear view of the person looking into my direction. The guy may be was in his early 20s I guess. He was wearing a white shirt that looked even brighter because of the sun falling on him through the window. He had decently trimmed hair, a small goatie under his lower lip, whitish complexion and broad cute smile across his face which was constant. His eyes had a deep dark brown shade which made him look almost ‘Dreamy’. While I was busy noticing this guy so carefully and in detail, I didn’t realize he was looking right at me and not just in my direction. He was looking right at me long before I even noticed. And he had this cute smile on his face, the kind of playful smile that was to melt for.


I immediately realized what I was doing and looked away. I took the other ear plug and shoved it into my ear and begun watching the video. Rather I pretended to watch the video while my whole focus was still on the guy starring at me. I kept looking at him from the corner of my eye. And suddenly I just looked up right at him and gave him that ‘What do you want?’ look. He smiled and looked away shyly. I blushed as well. I couldn't help it. I just kept blushing after that look we had just exchanged. Soon, my friend noticed my blush and smile and realized it wasn't at all because of the video infact he understood I wasn't even watching it. He looked at me and I whispered in his ear what just happened and inspite of mentioning don’t look immediately he bent over and looked. Coincidentally at that very moment that guy too bent over, probably to look at who was I talking to as they couldn't see each other because of a man standing right in front of them so they both had to bend over. As soon as they both realized they were looking at each other they both went back to their place and laughed..and that guy actually looked at me and playfully laughed and smiled again.


He immediately got conscious and took out his phone. He then looked at me from behind his phone with one eye. This was all so funny I just couldn't stop laughing. Our station was about to arrive and so we got off our seats and walked to the door of the compartment. This was even funnier. This time we both had clear views of each other. I kept looking here and there from time to time not losing his sight to just see what was happening. He didn't even for a millisecond take his eyes off. I finally gave up and looked back at him and blushed. And so did he! :P Our station arrived, we got off the train. I looked back again at him he was still looking and the smile just kept getting wider. We walked a little ahead and I saw him through the window while walking. The train started moving. He got up from his seat. Walked to the door and turned towards me and kept looking until the train left the platform.


This incident is so fresh in my mind like it happened just yesterday. It has been months since then and I have not even forgotten his face. I remember him clearly. That face, those eyes, that smile, that decency, that playful look, I remember it all. I wonder if that guy remembers me as much I remember him. There are days when I really wish to see him again. But when I wish that I do see him again, I wonder what will I do when we really come face to face again? What would I say? How will I react? How would he react? Would he even remember me? Yeah..that’s the biggest question of all. Would he remember me at all? But what if that was it? What if that was the only time I ever saw him and would never get to see him again. But I felt a certain energy you know, the kind where you feel being pulled towards that person. I don’t know but I guess if I were alone I might have gone up to him and talked or least he would've.


I just wish some day I do see him again and I swear I would not let that moment go waste. 

© 2014 Karishma Naik


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
Added on July 16, 2014
Last Updated on July 16, 2014

Author

Karishma Naik
Karishma Naik

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India



About
I'm a BMM Graduate, have worked as a Perception Executive and Content Writer for a Public Relations agency for a year. I was complimented for my writing skills a few years ago by someone special who i.. more..