The void

The void

A Poem by Kanurama
"

A dive into the fear of missing out on life.

"

The Void, my silent guest, settled in one day and has not left since. Persistent, it seeps in, takes hold, and burrows deep. It becomes master, while I, its slave, lose myself under its weight, and begin to sink. Into the darkness, it pulls me, forcing me to atone for my weariness.

The pain in my chest is the only key. Though my body begs to surrender, the dull ache reminds me I survived yesterday. I have yet another day to spend with my dearest friend, Boredom, who clings to me tighter with each passing day and night. I push through the heaviness in my heart to cry out, soundlessly, for a life to live. However, the internal struggle is the only excitement my mind is ever going to meet.

With a bitter kiss from the Void, I fall once more in the depth of my own mind, as it devours me, insatiable. I am an empty shell adrift, as my memories fade away and leave behind a stubborn nothingness. It pushes me deeper into despair, and all that remains is the bitter melody of agony, keeping me awake before the dawn.

The Void feeds on the last colours of my soul. I drown in the deep black waters of my useless, tedious life, sinking until I reach the bottom�"arid and cold. A Corpse clings to me, pushing me deeper, faster. With a tender yet harsh cuddle, our close embrace makes us swirl like a torpedo, primed to explode.

The Corpse is my future. For once, we are connected and aligned, aiming towards a unique, beautiful goal: The end and the great beginning, the endless peace of the nothingness. Today, we accept our common destiny. I accept and embrace it with all my soul. We were short, the ending was abrupt, but together, here and now, we are whole.

A fragment of my future whispers in my ears as we hurtle toward the bottom: “We could have lived, if only you weren’t such a pitiful coward”. But it is in vain. I have made my decision. In death, I am finally in control. As we hit rock bottom and without a farewell, the corpse of my future seizes my hand, and together, we vanish. A loud, pleasurable whisper echoes through the walls of my lungs. Eventually, we were bald, in the face of the laughable life I once led.

© 2024 Kanurama


Author's Note

Kanurama
Hello dear reader, Please give me some feedback on my writing. English isn't my native language, so I apologize for any mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

23 Views
Added on August 18, 2024
Last Updated on August 19, 2024
Tags: despair, sadness, poetry, short text

Author