Staircase of Stars

Staircase of Stars

A Story by Kanesha Di
"

Told in the first person, a woman finds herself walking up a staircase of stars.

"

When night falls and the moon rises….a row of glittering lights twinkle in the night sky. Suddenly, those glittering lights began to move, almost dancing around. Those glittering lights soon take a shape, forming a wide path that leads up to the Heavens.


This is path is the Staircase of Stars


As I travel up those glittering flight of stairs that twinkle in the night. I can only stare in awe and wonder at the marvel of things that I will encounter as I continue up the starlight stairs. I reach a dais that is made of those same endless numbers of stars and step onto it. I see not only the Sun and the Moon, but the planets of Earth, Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune, Uranus and Pluto as they circle around the sun. I say in awe “This is what God created”.


A streak of light pierced the darkness �" a comet, its fiery tail a fleeting brushstroke across the cosmos. A wave of exhilaration washed over me. Beyond, a nebula glowed with an ethereal symphony of colors.


Suddenly, a voice, warm and resonant, materialized beside me. A second Staircase of Stars materialized, its path leading to a set of dazzling, yet firmly closed, golden gates. Through the intricate bars, I glimpsed a paradise beyond description, a kaleidoscope of colors and ethereal light.

“Not now, but one day….you will be able to walk up these gates and they will open for you and many others. Yet, for now….I need you to be patient and continue to trust me as I lead you on your journey. I know that it has not been easy, walking the path of Faith is not ever easy. Yet, continue to trust me and know that anytime you need to be among the stars….that you and those who are walking with you are always welcome”


I smile as I turn my attention back to the endless spectacle of space. I feel a hand grab mine and I continue to smile. I look up and I see before me handsome eyes that are like stars.


“We walk this path together," the man beside me said, his voice filled with unwavering conviction. "Just as God is with you, so am I. We will climb these staircases countless times, side by side."


Tears welled in my eyes. "Of course," I whispered, my voice thick with emotion. "I'm just...afraid. Uncertain. But yes, walking these stairs with you...it's beautiful."


“Have faith, my love,” he replied, squeezing my hand. “I am here, always. We will walk the Staircase of Stars together, forever.”


A warm presence joined us, an older man with a smile as comforting as sunlight. “We are all with you, child,” he said, his voice a gentle rumble. “God sent us to walk at your side. You are never alone, angel. Never.”


A woman, her face etched with love, stepped forward. “We love you,” she whispered, her voice echoing the sentiment that surrounded me.


In that moment, bathed in the celestial glow, I understood. I wasn't alone. Standing on that platform of starlight, surrounded by love and faith, a profound peace settled within me. I looked around, a radiant smile illuminating my face, and whispered, “This is what God created. And I am not alone.”


© 2024 Kanesha Di


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
Added on July 6, 2024
Last Updated on July 6, 2024
Tags: Fantasy, Stars, Heaven

Author

Kanesha Di
Kanesha Di

Fort Worth, TX



About
I am someone who enjoys reading, mostly fiction, although I also like to read about mythology, astrology and astronomy. I sometimes read about history, depending on the topic. more..