445

445

A Poem by K.M.

I had so much to give, I swear I did! Yet, Love was never kind, by no means on my side, until one day, whilst the soft winds played on my cheeks, lost at sea you came floating to me.

I found you and oh, what a splendid time we had, doing what I dread. Sunbathing in the sun on that sandy sea shore the salt water spray kissed our lips, we had no worries and we were sure.

We would dance that night away, fill it with merriment, not knowing your eyes full of dote would soon come to fade. You croaked...

I let love rest and grow inside my bosom, I let love bestow its curse upon me. Oh! What an idiot did love make of me? Now I know I was fooled, my heart aches and it burns; Love gives and then takes, it gave and it took, now I know not to go letting cupid stick me where it hurts.

© 2011 K.M.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

your format is certainly unique, but I like that you broke out of the traditional bounds of poetry. You had some exquisitely beautifully sentences. You also managed to tell a story in only a few words. I excited to see more of your work.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 2, 2011
Last Updated on July 2, 2011

Author

K.M.
K.M.

CA



Writing
Dim Light Mystery Show Dim Light Mystery Show

A Screenplay by K.M.


Not Ready Not Ready

A Story by K.M.