Snips

Snips

A Poem by SPINNING ON that dizzy edge

What does it cost for:

An ounce of - I want you in my life?

A spoonful of - you look nice today?

A pinch of - no one makes me laugh like you?

A cup of - let's do this together?

An inch of - it feels good to be with you?

A touch of - that thing you did last night - well, can we do it again?

A dab of - waking up to you is awesome?

A bit of - your eyes come to me in my sleep?

A trace of - I was smiling and realized it was because i thought of you?

A speck of - it's better when you're here?

A nip of - I love the way you move?

A piece of - you have me so wrapped around your little finger?

A snip of - this feels right - doesn't it?

 

 

          Probably too much....

 

 

 

 

KNehls 2/08

 

© 2009 SPINNING ON that dizzy edge


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was a real soothing read- I hate to say nice- because people sometimes put negative spin behind that word- but this really was so 'nice' in the nicest sense! it took me back aways-solid writing.
thanks
tony

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kath, I love this. What does it cost? I think we would all agree that the cost of being stingy in these areas is far greater than the cost of all of these ingredients combined. Does that make sense? It reminds me of the saying that 'some people know the cost of everything, but the value of nothing'. Trying to save that extra ounce... spoonful... pinch.. can be a very costly proposition in which mister tightass, ironically, ends up depriving himself, giving credence to the old saying, 'what goes around comes around'. I like the way you laid this out in increments... a reminder that it's the little things that make the big difference.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Eve
I like this poem. I like the form; "an ounce of, a pinch of.."
I also appreciate the theme of how wonderful it can feel to be appreciated and loved.

Keep on writing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A wonderful write....a great message. I enjoyed this!


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What beautiful sentiments - if everyone could live their days speaking to others this way - the world would be a better place indeed. Sweet emotions expressed here. Thank you.
Light,
Siddartha


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very clever piece...I liked how you combined emotion and creation here...sometimes love does seem to cost too much, but then again it's worth it! Nice write :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well thanks you just reminded me of everything thats missing in my life right now LOL.
Seriously though, this is just IT, that's what we want exactly that, you are spot on and what is the cost.? Priceless.



Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very nice recipe Kath. Pity not everyone is as good as cook as you.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 24, 2008
Last Updated on January 17, 2009

Author

SPINNING ON that dizzy edge
SPINNING ON that dizzy edge

Buffalo, NY



About
Some of my work is very personal and some is flight taking fancy... a writer's prerogative... :) Read something of mine and I will read something of yours - very nice and simple and what a way.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..