Chapter 38

Chapter 38

A Chapter by Katie Wan
"

Look who's becoming friends.. aww.

"

Rylan Khtulu

Phoenix and I sat at the restaurant. Jo and Phillip sat a few tables away from us. Phoenix looked over my shoulder towards the door. “Kevin’s your name right?” I asked him once more trying to get our story straight. I knew the second Shiloh walked through the door I would be a mess.

“Yes Reed, darling,” I chuckled slightly and under my breath. The waiter came over and took our orders. Suddenly I saw as Phoenix froze. I turned my head around to see Collin walk through the door. I turned around and Phoenix caught my gaze. The black hair had completely gone. The pale complexion had some of its former color back. Tan hair sat spiked on top of his head. Light blonde highlights ran through each small sliver of hair. The silver eyes had been replaced with dark black circles dead center in the middle of his eyes.

This time Phoenix practically collapsed. Quickly he took a drink of water and tried to catch his breath. “It was easier when I came back and he looked nothing like himself.”

“I’m beginning to feel that. I never knew Collin.” I looked over the man that was supposed to be my love. Nothing about him reminded me of Shiloh except the small glitter in his smile. The second he smiled my heart sank. I leaned back in the chair and also took a sip of the water glass in front of me.

“This is too hard, why did we agree to this?”

I sat forward, “Because I couldn’t come alone. I also don’t know Collin and you knew him the best, inside and out.”

He sighed loudly and continued with his water. We looked at him at the same time. Loud banging of silverware came from his table. He had dropped the silverware all over the floor. Phoenix smiled and almost started laughing. “That’s Collin alright. He was always nervous in the presence of heroes. I’m guessing it’s still the same.”

I smiled. “It’s amazing how he became two separate people. I never did expect that.”

Phoenix nodded, “It was easier to let him go.”

This time I laughed, “You let him go? Oh please tell me when this occurred.”

He shared in my laughter, “You’re right. It was easier to be around him.” We both took our time to stop the laughter. Collin bent over to pick up his silverware when he caught me looking. In a panic I looked over at Phoenix. He happily obliged in my aid, “Fudge muffin, now what have I told you about looking at other men?” He turned around to look at Collin. His calm demeanor was almost amazing. “I’m sorry about him and his wandering eyes. Please do tell me if he gets too obnoxious.” Phoenix grabbed my hand across the table and kissed my knuckles, “You sure are a minx my dear Reed.”

My eyes glared down at him as he wiped his lips all over my hand. When his body turned back around I ripped my hand from his. “Do we have enough evidence?” I asked quietly.

“He’s obviously Collin.”

“Good,” I hissed. “Kevin I cannot stand you controlling me any longer.” Phoenix’s eyes got huge as I threw the napkin onto the plate. “You’re a damned fool if you think I will put up with this any longer. Go ahead and make a fool of yourself in front of all these people, but don’t you dare drag me down with you. Don’t even think about calling me.” With great force I shoved myself out from under the table. I stomped my feet as I stormed out of the restaurant.

“Reed, darling come back,” Phoenix called behind me loudly. We got to the coats and we stopped our charade. “What was that?”

“That was something Rylan would never do.”

Phoenix laughed and took his coat from the man at the counter. “You’re quite a good actor have you ever thought of being in movies?” He and I both warped back to Miami.

“Of course not, my passion is in my work.”

The house was dark. Most everyone had left for the evening. Phoenix and I both sat on the couch. “I don’t doubt that.” We both smiled at each other. “Rylan, I’m sorry I’ve been so utterly inconvenient for you. I know you didn’t want to move back to Miami. I also know that it was because of me.”

“It’s not that you’re the problem. It’s the situation you put me in.” I answered truthfully. “When around you Shiloh has almost no control. Collin loves you still, no matter how many times you leave he will always love you. Shiloh on the other hand is the complete opposite. You see, Shiloh is a new person all of his experiences with people are new. The only way he knows you is the way you act around him. Shiloh isn’t really a fan of strangers hitting on him.” I smiled and Phoenix returned the favor. “Even though, Shiloh does love you. It may not be in the way you want him to, but he does. He loves you for saving me and he won’t forget that. No matter how hard anyone tries. He owes his life to you.” Phoenix nodded and looked down at the coffee table.

I did the same. We both sat in the dark and silence for awhile. “You know what has to happen don’t you?”

“One of them has to be terminated.” He answered solemnly.

I nodded slightly, “If we kill Collin he will have no human memories. If Shiloh is gone he will have no memories of me or the kids. He will go back to the day before you and he… well you get the picture.”

“It’s obvious which choice needs to be made.” His voice lowered as the conversation became more serious.

I leaned forward more towards Phoenix, “He won’t forget you. In fact, with this it will be a new start for you. Shiloh respects you and will treat you as a good friend. Collin is still slightly angry with you which fuels Shiloh a little more to dislike you.” I stood up and sat next to Phoenix. “You can start over too you know. Give Justin…” I paused for a moment, “Wyatt a chance.”

“Wyatt, I never thought he wanted two names.”

I lifted the corners of my lips. “He’s not Justin, and I think that’s what upset you after his transformation. Perhaps though, perhaps you will find that Wyatt is a very loving and interesting person.”

“It’s like I’ve been living with a stranger for almost twenty years.”

“You have been.”

I turned my body and faced Phoenix even more. “If I give you a chance to say good bye to Collin no questions asked, within reason of course. Then you must promise to give Wyatt another chance.”

His silver eyes darted across the table as he tried to make up his mind. This was a hard decision for him to make. I watched as his mind searched through each emotional file. “Could I really say good bye to him, to all that we had?”

I shrugged, “Can you? Can you do it in order to have a better life?”

“But every time I look at him-”

“I admit it will be hard Phoenix but as time goes by you’ll soon realize the love Shiloh has for you is beyond what you feel for Collin.”

His eyes continued to dart back and forth before settling deep in mine. “Rylan Khtulu, you have yourself a deal.” 



© 2010 Katie Wan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

310 Views
Added on June 4, 2010
Last Updated on June 4, 2010


Author

Katie Wan
Katie Wan

Idaho Falls, ID



About
My whole life is centered around writing. It was only a few years ago that I discovered my passion for it. I love coming up with stories and new characters. Writing is the most important thing in my l.. more..

Writing
Day Dream Day Dream

A Poem by Katie Wan


The War The War

A Poem by Katie Wan


Alone Alone

A Poem by Katie Wan