Chapter 31

Chapter 31

A Chapter by Katie Wan
"

Random..

"

I laid in bed next to Rylan. His deep breathing was starting to annoy me. I wanted nothing more but to slap the ridiculous breath out of his nose. Finally when the noise had become too much I stood up and walked out of the room. It was nice to once again be alone. Silence sounded beautifully in my ears. This is what I needed, solitude. I couldn’t live here any longer being barred down. I wanted to love who I wanted to love. Forget the kids they were fine on their own. I wanted nothing more but to run off. Rylan, well who cares? He was the last person I could care for their feelings.

Packing, that’s all I had left to do. I quickly walked into the bedroom and pulled the suitcases from underneath the bed. Luckily for me Rylan didn’t wake. The kids were all asleep in their bedrooms. Zander and David had come home already. They were healing nicely. Good for them.

I piled different layers of clothing into the bags. I used my powers to move quickly in hopes not to wake anyone. When all of my clothes had been put into bags I warped them. They were sent somewhere west.

“Shiloh sweetie, what are you doing? It’s three in the morning.” Rylan wiped his tired eyes as he searched for my body. “Is there something wrong?”

“Yes,” I hissed through my dry teeth.

Rylan sat up quicker, “What’s wrong.”

“I’m leaving.” I was grabbing things out of the bathroom.

He leapt out of bed. His bare chest was gleaming in the moons light from the balcony doors. “What are you talking about? Does someone need help? I don’t understand. Where are you going?”

“You ask too many questions. It’s kind of annoying.”

“Shiloh,” Rylan’s feelings were hurt. This was torture. I couldn’t stand to be here any longer. He was making me unhappy and I was tired of playing happy family. This isn’t what I wanted. I couldn’t believe that I let his go on for so long. I understood now why my dad left. Everything was just too hard, too confusing. I needed an escape; an escape from the kids, from Rylan, from this whole life. I had to get out and be free once more. I wouldn’t let them hold me back anymore.

“It doesn’t matter where I’m going, just that I’m leaving.”

Rylan walked over to me and put his arms on the sides of my shoulders. “What has gotten into you?”

“Reality, Rylan, the truth. This isn’t what either of us wanted and you know that. Get out of my way and let me live my life.”

“This is your life Shiloh and you can’t just walk away from it when things get hard. Now tell me what is going on? I can help you. I know I can.” I shoved past him and out of his arms. He followed me back into the bedroom. “Shiloh, stop this right now.”

“Rylan you stop this. I don’t love you anymore. I haven’t for a long time. This,” my hand pointed to him and to me, “is over.” That stopped him. The truth always hurts when you’re confronted with it. The look on his face was as if a train had slammed deep into his heart. I grabbed my last bag and walked up to him. My lips touched the corner of his Jaw. “Good bye Rylan, Thank you for all you’ve done. Now go and enjoy your life. I’ll contact you when I find where I need to be.”  My feet slid across the carpet and I walked down the stairs. I took a pick of the vehicles and went with the bike. As I hopped on and drove off I didn’t look back and I wouldn’t ever again. 



© 2010 Katie Wan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

248 Views
Added on June 4, 2010
Last Updated on June 4, 2010


Author

Katie Wan
Katie Wan

Idaho Falls, ID



About
My whole life is centered around writing. It was only a few years ago that I discovered my passion for it. I love coming up with stories and new characters. Writing is the most important thing in my l.. more..

Writing
Day Dream Day Dream

A Poem by Katie Wan


The War The War

A Poem by Katie Wan


Alone Alone

A Poem by Katie Wan