Chapter 24

Chapter 24

A Chapter by Katie Wan
"

Back to school!

"

School was an escape. After the move my parents became weird. They were always touching each other and kissing. It was quite disgusting. Finally the day came where I went to school. As David, Madeline, and myself walked in there was only one person I was looking for. “This is a big school,” Madeline said in her thick accent.

“I’m going to get lost,” David scratched the top of his head.

“Pish Posh, we’ll be fine. We’re Khorry’s.” I said proudly.

Madeline laughed, “I’m a Bellamont, thank you.”

My arm wrapped around her shoulders. “You’re on your own then.”  She playfully punched me in the ribs and we walked forward. The two of them looked through the people trying to decipher where any of their classes were. My eyes were set for only one person. We walked to the center of the commons. Steps where people sat were lined around the whole large room. Finally I caught a scent of something beautiful. Lilac filled the deep innards of my nose. My body spun around in circles looking to each face for an answer.

I froze the second I found her. Her curly hair had been straightened. The dark strands of hair fell down to her slim shoulders. She wore a dark blue peasant shirt with tight jeans and flip flops. I turned my attention to my daily attire. Black tight jeans, sneakers, and a plaid white and blue shirt were good enough for me. My tongue licked the palm of my hands and I sprawled my fingers through my hair. A deep cool breath filled my lungs and I took a step forward.

She was turned back to me talking to a group of people. As I walked David and Madeline followed. I think they were just lost if I wasn’t next to them. My feet carried me all the way over to her and I stood inches from her.

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. The girls in the group started to look up at me with confusion. Finally Abigail turned around. She screeched and jumped back. “What the hell are you doing here Zander?”

My eyes stayed on the beautiful silver pools glaring up at me. Again nothing came out of my open mouth. I just watched her. I missed the way her eye lids blinked and how one eye brow raised when she was mad. Pink formed at her cheeks, I couldn’t tell if it was rage or embarrassment. She looked behind me at David then to Madeline. They had no explanation to why I was standing here silently. I had no explanation myself. I just happen to freeze up the second I see her.

A boy from the crowd walked up to us. His blond hair was gelled to one side with each hair in the correct place. A dark black turtle neck covered from his neck all the way down to his wrists. Black dress pants and shoes finished off the ensemble. His thin frame was nothing compared to me or David. His tiny arms weren’t even the size of Abigail’s. He looked up under his blonde manicured eye brows and he spoke to Abigail. “Do you know these people?” A high tenor voice broke through his lips with a slight lisp hinting under his words.

“Yes, Trevor.” Abigail crossed her arms over her chest and switched her weight to her other hip. “Is there something you want Zander?”

“Yes Zander is there something that you want from my girlfriend?”

I froze completely this time, “Girlfriend?”

He nodded, “We’re celebrating our two year anniversary this weekend.” His tiny arm wrapped around her waist barely making it to the other side. She slipped her arm around his shoulders almost taking over him. This seemed wrong. 

My hips spun and I looked at David. His hand was covering his mouth holding back a monstrous laugh. I spun the other way and looked at Madeline. She was pinching her lips shut with her teeth. She patted my arm lightly and turned me back around. As I was about to say something William appeared behind Abigail. “Great,” I mumbled under my breath. I spun around and looked at David and Madeline, “Let’s go.”

I pushed through them and started walking, “Zander wait.” William was right after me. His hand grabbed my shoulder and spun me around. I looked up at his silver eyes. He shot me a famous hero half smile exposing only some of his magnificently white teeth. I looked to the floor for a second then up to his face.

“I’m sorry I was talking to your cousin William. I see that she is taken and I will leave her alone.”

He started to laugh loudly. “What the hell are you talking about Zander? I hate Trevor with every fiber of my being.”

“Then what do you want?”

He smiled again and his hand stuck out, “To apologize. I was awful and I should’ve trusted you more than I did. You saved my cousin and I’m eternally indebted to you.”

The apology was definitely from the heart. I slid my hand into his and gave it a tight shake. “Between you and me,” William started again, “I think you and Abigail belong together. I’ll make sure that happens.”

I smiled brightly and was about to thank him when a boy came up. He was about our age with dark colored skin. “William, please tell me you saw the sub for English.” William shook his head, “She’s mine then.” William laughed and looked down at the dark boy.

“Zander this is my best friend Atticus James.” His chocolate brown hand stuck out towards mine. I placed our hands together and shook. I wasn’t astonished by his color but by his eyes. They held the same silver tint as mine. “This is Zander Khorry the one who saved Abigail, and all of us I guess.”

“Oh Zander Khorry, it’s really nice to meet you then.” He smiled brightly towards me. Then his gaze moved behind me. It stopped when it landed on Madeline. His face froze and I saw a light appear in his eyes.

“Sorry, this is my twin sister Madeline and my brother David.”

William scrunched his eyebrows together, “Really? I had no idea you had other siblings.”

“Either did he,” David cut in. “I’m adopted and he had no idea about Madeline.”

Atticus stepped forward and walked straight to Madeline. He took her pale hand in his and kissed the top of her knuckles. She giggled and a rose dye appeared on her cheeks. “It is so wonderful to meet you. Can I show you to your classes?”

She giggled again and he walked off with her. “Weird,” David mumbled and walked off.

William smiled at me, “She looks like you.”

“You mean like Rylan.”

He nodded, “That I do mean.” He walked with me down the hall. My eyes caught Abigail looking at me before I stepped into another hall. “Are you going to join the Symphony? Phoenix was telling me that you play.”

“I didn’t know you had one.”

“I’ll talk to Atticus, he’ll get you in.”

I nodded, “Madeline and David too please.”

He nodded the same as me and walked silently down the hall for a moment. “You can trust me Zander. I know I was a big a*s before but I misjudged you. I also know that your parents went through a lot with my family. I’m not them.” His eyes looked down straight into mine and I knew he was speaking the truth. “I’ll always be here for you, no matter what you need.”

I took a deep breath. That was refreshing to hear. Although I hardly knew him, William was someone I could trust and I was someone he could trust, “Ditto.” 



© 2010 Katie Wan


Author's Note

Katie Wan
Again.. Sorry about the small text..

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

290 Views
Added on June 4, 2010
Last Updated on June 4, 2010


Author

Katie Wan
Katie Wan

Idaho Falls, ID



About
My whole life is centered around writing. It was only a few years ago that I discovered my passion for it. I love coming up with stories and new characters. Writing is the most important thing in my l.. more..

Writing
Day Dream Day Dream

A Poem by Katie Wan


The War The War

A Poem by Katie Wan


Alone Alone

A Poem by Katie Wan