Therapy failings

Therapy failings

A Story by Keeley

She looks up. He's looking back at her. What a waste of time she thinks. It's been ten seconds, she looks at her watch. He looks at his... another ten seconds pass... and another.

"Well?" He asks intrusivley.

"Well, this is a waste of time, I don't want to be here, it's clearly not working." She snaps back.

"Then why are you here? You have the option to walk out of that door whenever you like. But you wont, because you want help, you want to talk but you just don't know how."

She shrugs in response, "maybe."

She knows it's true though. He's got that sussed out so well, so why can't he make her talk, that's what therapy is about right? They drag your thoughts and feelings out and you feel awful but then you feel better. So why isn't this working for her? Why does she just sit looking at her feet instead?

"We need to finish now, is there anything you want to say before you go?" He asks hopefully.

Yes yes yes! There's loads she thinks. She contemplates in the silence for a brief second before looking him dead in the eye.

"No" she shakes her head.

"Very well, see you next week then."

And with that she leaves.

© 2011 Keeley


Author's Note

Keeley
Just randomly from my head.
Shall I add more?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I admire the way you work at your problems through literature, and I liked this text.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Yeah i think you should. Its the inner thought processes thats intresting

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 12, 2011
Last Updated on May 12, 2011

Author

Keeley
Keeley

About
Well er.. My name is Keeley. I'm 16 years old, female. I'm fighting self harm, depression, suicide attempts, eating disorder, the whole lot. I have phases where I like to write alot. I'm not sure what.. more..