The thing about heros

The thing about heros

A Poem by Josephine

I need a hero to save me, so that's what I will become. I've been holding out for a hero that never came and I'm on the verge of falling so I will save myself. I will become my own hero. I'll learn to dance by myself, open a bottle of wine and not drown myself in it with the thought of you. I will zip up my own dress and learn to not miss your hands running up and down my spine, I will try to cherish having the bed to myself and not reach over for you. I will taste cake and not think of your lips on that October night. I'll jump over puddles and make my own coffee in the morning, and eventually I will stop placing your mug next to the pot. I will eventually be able to wear my favorite black shorts that are cursed with your memory. I will watch football and not hear you yelling about how your dads gonna call you pissed off tomorrow about that absurd call made by the referees during the Alabama game. I'll drink hunch punch and not think off that last glass that started it all. Maybe one day I'll save myself from you. Maybe tonight will be the night I become my hero. Maybe tonight you'll come and save me. Maybe I'm not strong enough, but what if I am.

© 2014 Josephine


Author's Note

Josephine
Opinions please. Ignore errors

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on October 8, 2014
Last Updated on October 8, 2014

Author

Josephine
Josephine

FL



Writing