Snow War

Snow War

A Poem by Jay
"

Poem

"

There is already enough snow on the ground that refuses to leave until the rest of it's troop decides to fall gently on the ground on whatever territory is still wide and open, until eventually they all slip away into a water stream promising to return.

© 2009 Jay


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like the imagery and symbology used in this piece. I don't think I would call it a poem per-say, but more like a two line verse, or a wise statement.
I think if it were broken into 4 lines...then it would be like a shakespearian stanza or such.
One suggestion I might make is in regards of the word "Ground" used twice. I think the piece would improve with anothe word for ground in the second postition.

Over all a really beautiful vision of snow and it's role in our lands

Aaron Maycroft

Posted 15 Years Ago


Cycle of life, well, this could be the cyle of nature, the duration as long as the world turns. I guess it depends on how you look at the snow. Some people love the snow, you know? So bring it on! Welcome to the cafe, looking forward to enjoying and sharing time and space with you.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 16, 2009

Author

Jay
Jay

ny, NY



About
I love to write because in the windmills of my mind, it takes me away from all of life's worries. I am currently living in upstate NY but was raised in the City. The projects, where I was raised was .. more..

Writing
Heavenly Showers Heavenly Showers

A Story by Jay


[untitled] [untitled]

A Story by Jay


Who's In Charge Who's In Charge

A Screenplay by Jay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


[untitled] [untitled]

A Poem by barricade


Seasons Seasons

A Poem by Sophie


Neighbours Neighbours

A Poem by Sophie