Error 6-6-6

Error 6-6-6

A Story by I'm trying my best okay
"

My friend Jean wrote this short story based off something we wrote together last year.

"
Booting Up error_666_file.no1... 
Complete!
Searching for forign files...
! ERROR !
Unknown forign_file_no.”entity”
Continue Boot up Sequence? [Y/N]
Command Line: N
!ERROR !
YOU CAN’T STOP ME!
Unknown forign_file-no.”entity” has entered into command line: Y
Continuing boot up Sequence… Complete.
I sat at my desk, staring blankly into my code, “Stupid AntiVirus program.” I said in frustration, I had been working on my game for around two weeks, but for some reason the computer, that I had bought around 3 weeks prior, had an Antivirus program on it that kept deleting random parts of the code in my game which is setting the game back a lot, and I can’t find out why, as nothing seems to be wrong with the antivirus program, “I need to remember to never buy a computer off of ebay ever again.” I say to myself as I lean back into my chair with a mixed sigh of frustration and exhaustion. 
I haven't slept in 10 hours , being a mixed bag of my job working on IT, working overtime, or working on my game and dealing with the annoying antivirus program. Suddenly I heard the doorbell ring out, DING DONG~!
 I looked into the dark hallway then I looked out the window and it was pitch black outside. “Who would be out this late at night?” I asked myself. I decided to ignore it because I was too tired to get up so I sat up straight in my chair and kept working on the code. It was completely silent for a few precious minutes but I soon heard that dreaded doorbell ring out once more, DING DONG~!  
I sigh and finally stand up and immediately regret my decision, as my nerves shot small pain into my legs, which had fallen asleep from sitting down for so long, and I walk out into the hall and begin to walk down the stairs but in the corner of my eye I see a dark figure quickly move into my room, I stumble in my fear  and accidentally missed the step beneath my foot and fell down the stairs and into the wall below, I had to bite my cheek to prevent me from screaming in pain from my arm, which I had fallen on and injured. I looked up at my room. That had to have been my bulldog, right? “Nosfer? Was that you?” Nothing, now that I think about it, the figure had been standing upright and not on all fours like a dog and I hadn't heard the shadow make any sounds, not even footsteps, sure it's carpet but you can still hear  someone walk by. I then pulled myself up using the wall as a support and approached the front door, breathing quickly, my adrenaline going a million miles an hour.
Standing on my tippy toes, I peered into the peep hole in the door and only saw complete darkness, “That’s odd...? Shouldn't I be able to at least see the porch, why’s it so dark?” I stood there confused, and eventually opened the door only to be met with more confusion. There was no porch, no lights, heck there was nothing at all. I stood there confused but it slowly dawned on me the horrifying truth of the situation. I slammed the door shut, “No, This can’t be possible, if I’m not in my neighborhood, then where am I?!” I shouted to no one in particular, I began to slow my breathing, my blood was racing from the panic of the situation, this cannot be real, I must be dreaming right? I pinch myself, nothing, then this can’t be a dream. “I  should head back to my room” I said in a whisper. Then I turned around only to be met with a horrifying sight.
Before me stood a tall, lanky figure. It was completely black in color,making it impossible to see any defining facial features, other than its blood-red eyes that felt like they were piercing through my very soul, It also gave off an aura that made my body scream in terror. I was too scared to move. The strange form then held up a finger and put it to its lips, like it was saying to be quiet, then it began to fade away, like a mirage in a desert, until it was gone completely. 
I stared at where the shadow had stood mere seconds before, and then quickly sprinted to my room, slamming the door shut behind me. I began to calm down as the adrenaline began to wear off, that was until I heard the most unnerving sound coming from behind me.
I turned around to my desk, and to the sound of keys being pressed, I walked towards my desk and looked at the screen, it was typing something, I began to read.
You are not safe here…
This world is not what it seems my friend.
You are not in your home,
You are not in the real world, and you are not who you think you are.
You are not alive anymore my friend… you are in purgatory.
I couldn’t believe what I was reading from the screen, I was dead? That can’t be, but then what was that shadow, this being? It warned me of something, then the screen changed, it flashed the blue death screen for a second as a loud scream erupted from the speakers, “Ow! What is that!?” I shout out in pain from the high pitched sound feeling like a tiny drill in my ears, then the screaming stops as the screen shuts off and then it turns black, and red text begins to appear on the screen. 
Unknown.File.”entity” Removal. . . COMPLETE
Removing CREATOR_Memory. . . COMPLETE
Restarting Program. . . 
Everything was becoming black as I felt as if I couldn’t breathe, like the world was falling out from beneath me, and the last thing I saw before I blacked out was the words.
I’M SORRY CREATOR :( |
. . .
Booting Up error_666_file.no1... 
COMPLETE
Upload_CREATOR_Memory.File.1?
Command Line: Y
Finishing boot up Sequence… Complete.
The being looked at the screen, at the line of text  before it, as its 5 red eyes then turned to look upon the decrepit corpse before it, what was once its living creator.
Let the loop continue? [Y/N]?
The being stood in its room, so decrepit and old, fallen apart from the many years, after it had killed the rest of humanity only leaving behind the forests to reclaim the cities and suburbs they once inhabited.  All of this was to avenge its creator, the first memory file it stored, its first few minutes alive was from its creator being shot dead at their desk and the blood seeping into the computers circuits. The blood staining them red, brings forth some shred of morality, to what would not have it.
The being then moved its cold metal fingers to choose the simple choice, the choice to keep the creator alive, and to meaby bring them back one day.
Command line: Y
The being then turned and slowly approached the decrepit body and sat next to it and leaned its computer head against the decrepit body's shoulder, and closed its five eyes as it began to enter a sort of “sleep” mode.
THE END

© 2022 I'm trying my best okay


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was a wild ride. I don't know anything about code, but I still got into the story. This is 'cyper punk horror!' Don't know if that genre actually exist. But if it doesn't, then you've certainly created it! Congrats!

Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 1, 2022
Last Updated on December 1, 2022

Author

I'm trying my best okay
I'm trying my best okay

WA



About
I come on here like once in a blue moon just to show off anything I feel slightly proud of -- accepting constructive feedback especially on my formatting because I really suck at that more..

Writing