.com

.com

A Story by Solidad
"

This about trying to find humor in getting a divorce.

"

Divorced…yuck.

What an ugly word.


“You know you should get a MatchMaker.com account.”


“You really think a dating service is gonna save my marriage, Dania?”


“No…but it may start a new one,” she laughed. Dania was my second cousin although sometimes we acted more like sisters.


“I don’t want a new one.”


“You better not back that up with you still want the old one.”


I just looked at her.


“You know things will get better, you just have to suck it up. Things happen for a reason. I mean look at me and April. We were together 14yrs and it was all for nothing.”


“I wouldn’t say for nothing,” I rolled my eyes at her.


“Well, anyways things didn’t work out but I’m not sitting here dwelling on the 14yrs I’m never gonna get back am I?” she crossed her arms.


“No, but I know it bothers you.”


“True, but you learn to cope with what happens. You’re not really given much of a choice. And your marriage to Foster was a learning experience. It could easily be seen that it was over and from what I’ve been told he wasn’t treating you very well.”


“And who told you about the flaws in my marriage?”


“You did, and the worst of it is that you never even had to use words…”Dania had a point. Things were fairly terrible in our relationship,“So you should just get yourself and account, $55.00 for three months.”


“$55.00? are you f****n’ nuts?” my stomach dropped, “You gonna pay my first three months?”


“Sure, but if you can’t find anyone then you’re on your own,” she laughed but I knew she wasn’t kidding.


On my own

Didn’t like those words too much either.

“So he really served you with divorce papers? Is he unaware that you are the best damn thing that’s ever happened to him?”


“Dania, I don’t care. There isn’t anything I can do other then to sign the damn papers. He wants a divorce I’ll give him what he wants.”


“I’m not denying that love but what I’m saying is after everything you’ve done for him while and before his career took off you were his foundation and this is how he thanks you?”


“Well I’m married to a thankless b*****d does it make you feel better you to hear it?”


“Does it make you feel better to say it?” Dania raised a brow.

© 2011 Solidad


Author's Note

Solidad
An excerpt from my novella 'Batteries Not Included'

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
Added on December 8, 2010
Last Updated on May 13, 2011

Author

Solidad
Solidad

FL



About
"I own everything that has happened to me. I'll tell my stories and if people wanted me to write warmly about them; they should've behaved better." -Unknown more..

Writing
Abhorrent Abhorrent

A Poem by Solidad


Fridays Fridays

A Poem by Solidad


Lamictal Lamictal

A Poem by Solidad