www.JesusKnowsAndSoDoWe.com

www.JesusKnowsAndSoDoWe.com

A Story by Solidad
"

A young priest who becomes fed up with the hypocrites in his parish so he creates and online blog to air out some dirty laundry.

"

  Its always amazed me how people abused their faith. Using Confession as a means of conscious relief rather then atonement and reform. Granted I've only been a man of the cloth for merely a year and some change, I find myself less and less amused by this generations "new ideals".

  And it made no difference the amount of Hail Mary's I handed out they only seemed to come back for more. It was a shame. Less attendants to mass and more to confession. It was an outrage!

  I took vows to dedicate my life to my faith. And this town thinks giving up Sundays is to be held in the same regards as getting a few teeth pulled with blue handled pliers.

  Not to mention the more socially respected the person their sins were all the more foul. They stood in a league of their own with their affairs, money laundering, and personified jealousy. It was ludicrous! There was no way in heaven or earth that prayer was going to be enough to save these overly self indulgent sinners. No matter how much I preached, prayed or absolved this whole town was going to hell in a hand basket.

  After about six months of absolving lechers and habitual liars I'd had enough. Luckily for me the Monsignor was making an appearance at our parish for Easter.

  I'd never met him before, so I was unaware of this bird like man and his crooked nose. Though a smile softened his thin face only slightly it was obvious this was a God fearing man. I might even go as far as to say a man God Himself might have even feared. Surely a man of such regulation could help with the miscreant population here in Shallow Falls.

  So over a simple feast I explained to him that anything short of stoning them or burning them at the stake would be in vain and a waste of good intentions.

  "Desperate times call for desperate measures my son," the antique man answered cryptically.

  Later that night as I strolled the courtyard I marinated as to what qualified as an 'extreme' measure. This wasn't the Dark Ages so I couldn't go around shanking people in the name of God no matter how fitting it seemed. Then it dawned on me...

  Asking for forgiveness is a sign of guilt; and I'm the keeper of all things committed behind closed doors. Much like clock work every Sunday they come to me to bare all their immoral skid marks for cleansing. You'd think it was Disneyland the way the line wrapped around the church.

  But what if they all found out about one another. All the wives learned of their husbands mistresses, those lying about silly things such as incorrect change and stolen wallets. The money being laundered by the mayor and his son's new lover otherwise know as their pool boy. That might be more then extreme now that I'd thought about it but I seemed to have the Monsignor's approval to find my lost sheep and lead them back to the flock like any good shepherd would do...

© 2010 Solidad


Author's Note

Solidad
Raw so please be gracious about the errors. Let me know if this is worth keeping. Thanks and happy posting.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on December 8, 2010
Last Updated on December 8, 2010

Author

Solidad
Solidad

FL



About
"I own everything that has happened to me. I'll tell my stories and if people wanted me to write warmly about them; they should've behaved better." -Unknown more..

Writing
Abhorrent Abhorrent

A Poem by Solidad


Fridays Fridays

A Poem by Solidad


Lamictal Lamictal

A Poem by Solidad