14 Ways to Self Destruct

14 Ways to Self Destruct

A Chapter by Solidad

The things we shared were becoming more of,

“Hey remember when…”


Now it was more just Jen and I as oppose to the three of us.


Some how we had acquired the Ebola virus and you wanted nothing to do with us.


Occasionally I saw you but it’s only because I worked with your sister.


You didn’t like the way Gemma and I got along, kinda like the way you and I once did.


You remember?


All of the inside jokes and laughter, secrets shared.


And when you ‘d ask about her day at work and she told you of all of the things that she and I had talked about you just got that…


That’s nice… whatever tone and get pissed off.


You had your chance and you gave it to Gemma.


“What she thinking is I’m her best friend and I should have all of these jokes with her and not you…”


- Memory as noted by Charolette.


I was ready to evolve from that high school stage we were about to leave behind. Maybe that would help the confusion some.


I still wasn’t sure on Jenelise but I wasn’t quite stuck on going back to Rebecca either.


I wasn’t as set in stone as Sage was, and I wasn’t as careless as Charolette was either.


I wasn’t a lot of things, and clear was one of them.


KT Tunstall filled the Jeep with music as we made it just in time to sit and wait.


“Oh Rebecca you’re not gonna go that short are you?” Mom wasn’t sure what to think about my bold new decision.


What do you think?


We both looked at you, with pleading eyes I wanted you to take my side. And you did, although I’m not sure if you were actually agreeing or lying to me?


“Let her go for it Mom,” you called my parents Mom and Dad. Thought that was kinda funny.


And in what seemed an instant I had shed my skin and was sure of myself. Mom cried but that’s to be expected.


- Memory as noted by Jenelise




© 2010 Solidad


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on January 31, 2010
Last Updated on January 31, 2010


Author

Solidad
Solidad

FL



About
"I own everything that has happened to me. I'll tell my stories and if people wanted me to write warmly about them; they should've behaved better." -Unknown more..

Writing
Abhorrent Abhorrent

A Poem by Solidad


Fridays Fridays

A Poem by Solidad


Lamictal Lamictal

A Poem by Solidad