Tell Me Where It Hurts

Tell Me Where It Hurts

A Chapter by Solidad

Mmm, Chick-fil-a, something Charolette craved only on Sundays. Which was when they were closed.


They were a Christian organization and that’s the only way she’d support any kind of religion was thru a late night craving.


We were at the mall.


You, me, Charolette, and Josh.


He wasn’t hungry, so he got us a table while we all stood and line and watched others act ghetto and sang various Spanish songs.


Charolette didn’t wanna play. I knew why.


You didn’t…


She seemed vacant and I knew why.


You didn’t…


Food was served and we sat together. All quite.


I looked at her, she really wasn’t herself. Wonder if Josh noticed.


She signed:

“I feel real bad, Sage.”


In sign:

“I know you do.”


In sign:

“I should have known better. I feel like I’m gonna be sick.” She stopped a moment.


In sign:

“To be honest with you, you look it.” I felt bad for her. She was paying a heavy price for a small amount of stupidity.


“So Josh,” you rolled your eyes at our signing. It always annoyed you. Although you did have the chance to learn you traded it for yoga. Which might I add you never do.


In sign:

“Are you gonna be ok?”


In sign:

“I should be, although it does feel like I’m going thru withdrawls. I hurts to inhale sometimes.”


In sign:

“Well, if you feel that bad…”


In sign:

“Josh can’t know.” She pleaded with me.


In sign:

“I don’t plan to tell him. You know that. But your face is doing a damn good job at saying it all.”


“So how’s college life?” Jen asked. You two were the only ones at the table that didn’t know sign.


“It’s pretty cool.”


In sign:

“Be right back, bathroom.”


In sign:

“Fine.”


“Where’s Charolette going?” Jen looked confused.


“Bathroom,” I continued to eat.


It was a normal conversation until Charolette came back. The circles around her eyes were even darker now and she began to talk more.


Her nose began to bleed.


I signaled to her to wipe her nose, she darted to the bathroom.


Embarrassed I’m sure…


- Memory as noted by Sage.


“A lot of times when things got outta hand, I couldn’t control myself. And there was a need to get rid of that feeling.


I tried my damnedest to look you in the eyes and hope you’d forgive me.”


- Charolette

“That language of theirs that they spoke. I couldn’t stand it. I always wanted to be in on it, but they would never talk when it came to certain things. Granted I had my chance to learn and I did give it up, I still wanted to know. I just couldn’t stand being out of the loop on secrets.”


- Jenelise




© 2010 Solidad


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on January 31, 2010
Last Updated on January 31, 2010


Author

Solidad
Solidad

FL



About
"I own everything that has happened to me. I'll tell my stories and if people wanted me to write warmly about them; they should've behaved better." -Unknown more..

Writing
Abhorrent Abhorrent

A Poem by Solidad


Fridays Fridays

A Poem by Solidad


Lamictal Lamictal

A Poem by Solidad