Collection

Collection

A Chapter by Solidad

I remembered when you got that car. It changed everything. Things, you, us. It always made things awkward at lunch when we laughed at something from this morning and Charolette wasn’t there.


We both knew how she was gonna be about it.


Who could blame her, she felt shut out about us and a lot of other things at the time. It was a little harder to understand her sometimes.


But Charolette was different and that’s why we loved her.


Like that time she decided to be open about seeing girls. Which didn’t surprise me at all. She was the wilder one of the three of us.


Dying her hair purple which she swore was “chilled plum”, and all of the piercings.


I watched her get he nose done, she made the most awful face I’ve ever seen in my life.


I just didn’t understand her.


Most of the time she did things for attention I think, but with her it was always a toss up.


You fell out of the strange tree as well. It wasn’t just her.


Granted we all had our own little quarks.


You smoked Black and Milds that one weekend away. I drank. That was my weakness. You danced in the sand with the smoke and sea salt. It was quite amusing.


The things we did in our free time. Always regretted not having Charolette around that weekend. It doesn’t mean we didn’t call her and bother her.


“The evil chicken is better has been better and will always be better,” you commented from the left side of the table.


“Whatever Jenelise,” I rolled my eyes, “That uncivilized beast has nothing on my Larry.”


“You all are a bunch a freaks. Know this,” Charolette laughed. She was right.


-Memory as noted by Sage.




© 2010 Solidad


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
r
That was funny, and cute. Nice to get information about Charolette. I love the last bit; it made me grin. (:

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 31, 2010
Last Updated on January 31, 2010


Author

Solidad
Solidad

FL



About
"I own everything that has happened to me. I'll tell my stories and if people wanted me to write warmly about them; they should've behaved better." -Unknown more..

Writing
Abhorrent Abhorrent

A Poem by Solidad


Fridays Fridays

A Poem by Solidad


Lamictal Lamictal

A Poem by Solidad



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..