Chasing Mercy

Chasing Mercy

A Screenplay by Josheph L. Dewson
"

Wherever there is anarchy there is no mercy Wherever there is mercy there is no anarchy If you guys really like it, I'll give you a chapter by chapter prequel or something.

"

“Chasing Mercy”

By

Lewis Dewson






[Street Address]

[City, ST  ZIP Code]

[phone]

[email]


FAde In:

Remote I

Anarki wakes up panting, hot and sweaty from a nightmare. He sees her already awake with her hand on his shoulder looking at him. His cursed knife bandaged up next to him as he is.

Mercy

Another Dream?

Anarki

Yeah.

Mercy

You should tell me these things what happened Anarki? (She’s bright and tries not to look concerned)

Anarki

Nothing… C’mon Mercy we’re going.

Mercy

Already! We just woke up, can’t we just stay a little.

Anarki pushes himself up from the base of the tree and looks down at her with his cold eyes.

Mercy

(Mumbles and groans)

Anarki

You stay here then. (He ready’s his bandages and takes off) You’ll be gladly dead.

Anarki makes his way through the barren Land and Mercy happily follows asking and talking all sorts of questions about the old world.

 

Midday strikes and they come across old house/shed/structure.

Mercy

Look Anar-

Anarki

Stay here.

Anarki sneaks cautiously and suspiciously, going from tree to tree and analysis the area. He tries to feel vibrations on the ground but are none. He runs in low and soundless. Keeping his body to the side of the wall his ear pressed up against it. He peers through the window, with the cursed knife ready.

Meanwhile Mercy watches for anyone in the area Anarki cannot see. Anarki decides it’s safe to go in, walks through an opening. Analysis the room for any loot or anything useful. He searches the place for a few moments. He finds some string/wire also a few little bottles of what to be medicines and solutions on the table.    

Anarki

(Then he notices from a string line trap someone’s been here) Someone’s been here recently. After searching the place for a quick while. He sees an odd bit of old ratted cloth, he removes it aside to reveal a box filled with food, small items and a lighter.

Anarki

(Under his breath) You m**********r…

He takes the box as well the string. Retrieving back to Mercy.

 

Anarki

          C’mon


 

Mercy and Anarki set off again, walking over hill to hill. Through fields and forests. The afternoon comes and they set up camp behind a tree border lined with the field and forest.

 

Mercy

I’ve haven’t seen a place like this in a while. (She smiles) I’m surprised there’s still a place like this ya know, I wish we could just stay here… Forever

 

 

Anarki

I guess that’s what they mean by the rise of the new world and the end of the old.

 

Mercy

I wonder what the old world was like, ya know. I heard it was a whole lot different to what it is now.

 

Evening starts to drop.

 

Mercy

Ya know, when I was captive I used to hear them talk about the Old World all the time. It sounded like so much fun ya know. I bet it was a whole lot better than this. Maybe this is what it used to be like.

 

Anarki

And if you like the old world that much you’d know it led to the chaos of this world. Don’t get too attached.

 

Mercy

Oh…Uh…Sorry

 

Anarki

(Looks over again into her eyes with his cold eyes) Sleep, we’re leaving early. We need to get ahead.

Sun sinks heavily.

 

Mercy

Anarki…

Anarki

What.

Mercy

 

Why do you wear those all those bandages?

Anarki

 

Protection/Get rest.

 

Mercy

(Gazes up at the sky wondering what they are really for) What about that knife?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Fade In:

Nihilism II

 

Anarki wakes up in his dream lying on the ground of where he fell asleep but in solitude. His knife next to him. A women sitting on top of him.

 

Anarki

It’s you again…

 

Memory

Oh don’t you miss me Anarki?

 

Anarki

Yes of course.

 

Memory

Where have you been? Why don’t you come back now? (Her hands rubbing on his chest)

 

Anarki

I can’t right now. I promised to do something.

 

Memory

Is it to do with Mercy! (slaps him) Look at what she’s done to you, look at what she’s put you through. Look at where you are!

Anarki goes to talk

Memory

Shhhh (her finger on his lips over the bandage, taking the breath out of him) No need to move either. Anarki becomes completely paralyzed and impaired of speech.

Her hand sliding across his body towards the knife.

I think you should just come back to me.

She holds the knife up, and pierces it through his stomach.

 

Anarki tries to resist the pain but he can’t move or talk.  She drives it deeper, smiling and giggling.

 

Anarki wakes with a huge gulp of air, Mercy dead asleep next to him. Its early morning. He gets up and follows the incline down to a dam. He stumbles across, he’s hot and tense. When he gets to the shore of the damn an overwhelming cough comes. Blood stains the bandages on his hand and mouth.

 

Anarki

S**t.

He undoes his bandages washes his face and drinks.

God F*****g damit! (He hits the muddy shore hard)

Then resets and rearranges his bandages, hiding the bloody patches.

 

Anarki walks back up to where they set there camp. On the way he feels something with his feet. He pauses and realizes they are close. A sense of panic overcomes him but he remains. He quickly feets over to Mercy.

 

Anarki

 Mercy wake up, wake up mercy, Wake- (Shaking her)

Mercy

Huh?!

(Knowing the look on Anarki’s face she realizes quickly)

 

The two grab what little they have in a matter of seconds leaving the big things behind. They run, weaving between trees and bush. After Anarki feels they’ve run to a safe point after a while, he stops mercy beside a tree.

 

Mercy

(Panicking, panting and frightened) Anarki what…how…? I don’t think… Please…

 

Anarki

Shut up. (His back to her and his eyes giving another cold glare.) One of them is here, they traveled the night. He unravels the knife, prepared.

 

Mercy

Anarki…

 

Anarki

(Whispers) I just need to cut him once. Then run.

A masked man appears from his hiding spot, with a piece of pipe/metal ready at his aid. Anarki takes a stance (shaking), he’s alert. Anarki knows he must move quickly. Using his size and speed to his advantage he runs to attack, the masked ambusher swings, Anarki ducks. Then commits to a few slashes that he the masked avoids barely. The masked takes another swing. Anarki dodges and lands a small cut on his finger/hand.

By the cut the Masked falls into the curse of the black knife, fazed by illusions made by Anarki. The masked is immobilized from using his body and is tormented and tortured by multiple copies of a crazed Anarki appearing from all directions in a continuous phase. Meanwhile the real Anarki escapes.

 

Anarki/Memory

The killer kills the killer. To Kill… Brings a lot of relief.

Drives knife up into his lower back and slides it up through his spine.

 

Anarki/Memory

One minute in the real world. Is one hour here. So don’t worry we’ll have plenty of time, to kill you over and over and over…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Fade In:

Reap III

 

Anarki and Mercy make their short escape through the Forrest.

Mercy

(See’s Anarki struggling) Anarki you can’t keep using that knife, you have to stop.

 

Anarki

If there were any guns around, even if I could get my hands on one I would.

 

Mercy

But…

 

Anarki

Shutup. You don’t get to decide anything for yourself in this world.

 

Anarki pulls out the string that he looted from the shed. He winds it around trees, creating a trick wire web effect from tree to tree.

  

Mercy

What are you doing?!

 

Anarki

(Grabs Mercy by the wrist) C’mon

Anarki brings Mercy down into a ditch, where they hide and wait. Moments later the masked men run into the area where one is closed line by the string.

 

Masked 1

(In foreign language) Devil… No Choice. Too slow. Go around.

 

Meanwhile after seeing the masked men run off out of the woods, Mercy and Anarki retrieve back to their last camp and start to head west. Mercy following Anarki. Mercy head down and somewhat motionless and blank.

 

Anarki

What’s wrong?

 

Mercy

Mmm… Usually I can’t keep up with you when we travel like this, that knife is wearing you down. Anarki… I’m worried…

 

 

Anarki

(He feels somewhat guilty and sorry for the girl, his soft eyes look fall down and then rise again.) Mercy, remember who your talking to. Of all people, I am the last of your many worries. So, shutup.

 

 

Mercy

I’m just glad…

Anarki

Glad what?

 

Mercy

Uhh well, I’m glad your-

 

Anarki grabs mercy pushing her up against a tree, his hand over her mouth and knife pressed up against her.

 

Anarki

Shh. Trust me here.

 

An old wanderer/farmer is roaming in the distance. Anarki susses out the situation before realizing. He lets go of Mercy.

 

Anarki

It’s alright, just a geezer. I thought it might have been them.

 

Mercy

Oh thank goodness! You freaked me out there. You didn’t have to be so rough ya know!

 

Anarki

Somethings can’t be helped. However that old man’s seen us.

 

Mercy

Yeah so. What are you trying to say?

 

Anarki

He has to keep silent. Do you understand?

 

Mercy

(It takes her a while to realize) What!? No Anarki, I won’t let you do this! I won’t allow you! If-

 

Anarki

If he is allowed to live, there’s a good chance he will turn us in and you will live the life I let you out of-

 

Mercy

He’s a god damn f*****g old man Anarki!

 

Anarki

And I will die before my age!

 

Mercy breaks down in tears.

 

Mercy

Fine. Just go.

 

 

 

Anarki

Wait.

Anarki heads over to pursue the old man. However He’s hesitant as he watches over the old man. Shaking and contradicting of his decision.

 

Anarki

I can’t… do it. Help me.

Anarki pulls his knife out and pushes it to the edge of his palm.

Help.

                  

Walks out of scene with the old man in a bloody pool.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Fade In

Sins IV

 

I didn’t know it would happen. I just wanted some help. I couldn’t bring myself to kill the old geezer. I went mad… for the next few days… I tried to kill Mercy. My only ever friend. She ran off. In this world they say friends are a burden, they become something to much to carry. They’re not wrong, however it’s not a world I wanna live in.

 

Anarki wakes in his dream world again. He sees his old friend/lover again.

 

Anarki

It’s you.

 

Memory

Mmm… You’re back again. I knew you’d come back.

 

Anarki

I didn’t choose to ya know.

 

Memory

Oh don’t be so sour. You love it, right? We always have so much fun. (Snickering) Do we not?

Anarki stares blankly with guilt to his surroundings.

You must be exhausted after all that. You murderer, cold hearted killer. I… Love it.

Anarki looks at her with his attention.

Anarki

What’d you do to me?

Memory

I simply fulfilled your request. “Help Me”

 

Memory

You’re madness my boy. Literally. We almost had her.

 

Restricts Anarki.

 

We almost had that b***h.

 

Anarki

Shut up.

 

memory

Excuse me but that’s no way to talk to me Anarki! (Slaps him)

A moment of silence

I’m sorry, I guess I just miss you. (Reaches for knife) And look what she gives you. She holds you back, she’s a carry bag of nothing. If she was gone you’d have no more problems. She’s a burden Anarki. (Attempts stab)

An infuriated Anarki now standing without notice of Memory, grabs memory’s arm firmly.

 

Memory

What!? How?! Can you m-

 

Anarki

I said shut up. (Using his firm grip snaps her radius)

Memory screams in pain. Aanrki’s eyes are cold and almost unidentifiable.

 

Kill.

 

memory

STOP! PLEASE!

 

Anarki grabs her by the face and slowly picks her up, holding the knife against her neck. Memory pleads for him to stop.

 

Anarki

To Kill… That’s what you told me.

 

Memory

Please stop! Don’t. You’re crazy please. Stop moving, stop. Stop. Stop…

 

Anarki renders to her plead and places memory carefully down.

Anarki

I’m sorry.

 

memory

Anarki.

 

anarki

I’m sorry you couldn’t make it like the rest of us.

Anarki having the knife swings around and slashes her throat. Her eyes are popping and bloodshot with surprise. In the midst of it all, Anarki dramatically switches into having a panic attack of seeing an old friend he once loved killed by his own hands.

 

 

Anarki wakes from his nightmare traumatized and scared but now rested realizes he has another task on hand, finding Mercy. He looks down at the knife one more time. Anarki is caught off guard by a deathly cough.

 

 

Lost, Anarki sets out to find Mercy. Wondering how long he had chased Mercy, figures out she’s brought him to a familiar place, in which he starts to look for signs she’s left behind. He knew Mercy was an organized smart girl. Anarki brings himself back to the campsite they used a few days ago. In after he arrives finds white ribbon which has a code written in blood “XXOX �'”.

 

Anarki

They’ve got mercy

 

 

 

 

 

 

Anarki finally catching up to Mercy, sees her in the distance, She’s half covered in blood, her eyes pale and drowned in exhaustion, One of masked on guard making sure she doesn’t run. Obviously leaving the other two as a set up for an ambush.

 

Anarki

(mute) Come out

 

To Kill. Mercy.

 

Tension brews and survival begins. The fight arises 3 against 1. There’s one thing that separates the fight in which is simply that Anarki is angry and has lost all his mercy, just like the new world. The 2 from behind rage the first attack.

 Anarki blank open moves unnoticeably grabbing one of the masked men by the head before brutally ramming it onto the hard ground. The other masked swings at him with a club/something, in which Anarki grabs mid swing and puts it to a halt, pushing back with a far greater force.  Finally the third joins in, superior compared to the two. He towers over Anarki swinging his Axe/pole dead straight above Anarki’s head. Unfazed Anarki punches straight into his stomach knocking him back several feet. The other two now recovered from their first launch simultaneously attack together, swinging from all directions just trying there very most too at least injure Anarki. Anarki blank eyes see past everything they throw at him and continue to avoid there attacks.

The third staunches once again over this time with a different attitude as well. Anarki sick of the fight, brings out his knife under anger. The other two unknowingly had been cut beforehand. Both under the illusion of being taken away by Memory.  A real fight begins and the two clash. However Anarki starts to feel the burn bubbling in his stomach and chest. Mercy watches over the scene with all hope there was to be given. Anarki breaks down coughing up blood, losing a grip on his body. The masked takes the chance and proceeds to pick him up by his shirt and bashing him across the head. Feeling hazed and brittle, memory comes to his aid.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Fade In:

Real Life

 

Anarki

I must be a psycho

 

Memory

(Wipes the blood from his face. And helps him back up.) Don’t die.

 

Anarki with little strength he has left gets back up. The masked man is in complete shock that he wasn’t dead, his eyes fill with fear, and he becomes frozen. Anarki walking over swaying from side to side, stands up against the man and penetrates his hand straight through his stomach. An end to a life of running.

 

Mercy so close and clear in vision. Anarki starts to make his way to her way down a hypothetical pathway. A moment of black pitches the scene. Unexpected. Beyond Belief. Despair. Death.

 

Anarki

Mercy…

 

From behind Anarki is stabbed through the side of his chest. Mercy yells out in horror. Anarki’s eyes turn to ice. He grabs the pole out and finishes off his enemy once and for all.

 

 

 

Mercy seems so far away and so unclear. He walks down to her remembering all the great memories they had and all the trouble they endured. He looks down to her and falls into her arms.

 

Mercy has no words.

 

Anarki

Mercy (a tear forms out the corner of his eye) I’m sorry… I’m so glad you were my friend.

Thankyou.

Anarki’s bandages have become loose. His arm drops and his eyes close. His heart beat slows down, his face loses color, and he falls into death in Mercy’s arm.

 

 

 

Wherever there is Anarchy, there is no mercy.

Wherever there is Mercy, there is no anarchy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

 

© 2016 Josheph L. Dewson


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on July 1, 2016
Last Updated on July 1, 2016
Tags: Story, Script, Adventure, Action, Drama, Thriller, Death, Mercy, Anarchy, Sad, Insanity

Author

Josheph L. Dewson
Josheph L. Dewson

About
I'm a new generation writer Not for seeing the things we do see Not the second side of the argument but the third I don't think the world is a terrible place Just all these people have all the sam.. more..

Writing