Amor Vincit Omnia; Veritas Vos Liberabit

Amor Vincit Omnia; Veritas Vos Liberabit

A Poem by Jonny The Savage

I do not believe anything. I have faith in what I consider to be God (or The All/The Most High/whatever silly name you'd like to give it), but I do not believe any such concept, because I wouldn't presume my gnosis to be omniscient. I think RAW put it pretty well with "My own opinion is that belief is the death of intelligence." because, realistically, when one believes x over y; there's not going to be much thought over whether x is really superior to y...or much critical thought of x, whatsoever.

In his magnum opus, Island, Huxley wrote: "Faith is something very different from belief. Belief is the systematic taking of unanalyzed words much too seriously. Faith, on the contrary, can never be taken too seriously. For faith is the empirically justified confidence in our capacity to know who in fact we are, to forget the belief-intoxicated Manichee in Good Being. Give us this day our daily Faith, but deliver us, dear God, from Belief." and this is essentially my position.

The truth of the matter is: all illumination stems from self knowledge. One cannot recognize what is considered occultic in the outside world if they've never come to terms with it in their inner world. Meditation takes awhile to pick up, so does pranayama, but don't be discouraged - we all start somewhere (and stuff like William Walker Atkinson's The Arcane Formulas is going to help a lot; especially if you're not as curious and imaginative as I). Amor vincit omnia; veritas vos liberabit.

© 2017 Jonny The Savage


Author's Note

Jonny The Savage
8/5/17

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on August 5, 2017
Last Updated on August 5, 2017
Tags: Dark Age, Truth, Reality, Esoteric, Kali Yuga, Knowledge, Savage, Philosophy

Author

Jonny The Savage
Jonny The Savage

Atlantis, Apple Rock



About
Aesthete, philosopher and scholar first; and a writer, poet and musician second. A rather blunt individual with no regard for dogma or taboo. A curious soul seeking the truth beyond this mortal coil. more..

Writing