I Don't Know Whether To Laugh or Cry

I Don't Know Whether To Laugh or Cry

A Poem by Jonny The Savage
"

If this piece doesn't describe you, there's no way it can bother you; and I clearly wasn't describing you. But if it does, it was written for you; in the hopes that you'll become a better person.

"
Did you know that the first people to master how to start and keep a fire alive became the first priest-class and authority figures? Or that without fire civilization would have been a pipe dream? We're talking about a time when the night was a precarious time, when human beings were regularly picked off by large predatory animals; and the first authority figures could simply grab a branch off of the fire and scare them off by brandishing it. This is where the metaphor of light symbolizing intellect stems from and, if you didn't know, one of the original symbols for Lucifer was a lightning bolt hitting a tree. Quite literally, light conquered darkness, and eventually man's ego clouded his capacity to think clearly about his own history in rational terms.

This is also why certain groups like to refer to themselves as "The Illuminati" but it's more-so a title that means little more than the enlightened than a secret cabal that rules the world. (Although, there was the Bavarian Illuminati founded in 1776, by Adam Weishaupt, that had some pretty large political machinations...like the French Revolution.) There is, however, a mystery religion that finds its roots from what I've explained in the first paragraph...but people generally prefer conjecture about the Bavarian Illuminati, and psyops, over historical fact about the actual practitioners like the Assassins or the Brotherhood of the Snake.

Human beings really are a strange species, we have these absurd delusions of grandeur and rarely spend more than a moment considering the roots of symbol systems that define our lives; but we can spend all day bickering with one another over literally nothing. I can't help but laugh at it all, it's like the universe is just an elaborate practical joke; and nobody else gets it. But, it's probably closer to the truth to say that people spend so much time convincing themselves that their own bullshit is the truth to see what's right in front of their faces! And then wonder why species from other galaxies aren't interested in our stale selfies and monstrous egos!

I don't know whether I'm disgusted or amused that people generally think my moniker is a reference to an internet meme and not a character from one of the most prolific authors' most known pieces. You know, that legendary dystopian future novel you pretend to have read; while you spew pseudo-intellectual nonsense to other people online. I can't take the drivel any more. Can we, as a species, come together and admit that aesthetic counts for something? Could we at least pretend that we care about art for like half a year? I can't even remember the last time I looked at those I'm meant to call my peers and felt hope for the future.

You can call me every name in the book, and you know what? A lot of them fit. But you will never be able to call me dishonest. You will never be able to deny what I've spent years in painstaking research to be able to prove effortlessly; at the drop of a hat. The Ultimate Revolution that Huxley warned us about fifty f*****g years ago is knocking on your door...and we've fucked off bored, because I guess it's not cool to give a s**t about a future so horrifying that it by definition CAN NEVER CHANGE. And that's not some paranoid conspiracy theory, that's what the best minds of the 1960's realized when the fields of propaganda, pharmacology and brainwashing reached the conclusion that there would be a point of no return where no further revolution is even possible.

I do not care what your politics are, there is something bigger than all of us that needs to be addressed, IMMEDIATELY, and if it isn't - one day, you'll wake up enslaved on the continent your forefathers conquered. And all so that people with gargantuan egos get to roleplay as literal gods upon this Earth, and it all could have been avoided...if you simply cared when it mattered...

© 2017 Jonny The Savage


Author's Note

Jonny The Savage
6/29/17

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

344 Views
Added on June 29, 2017
Last Updated on July 2, 2017
Tags: Dark Age, Truth, Reality, Esoteric, Kali Yuga, Knowledge, Savage, Philosophy

Author

Jonny The Savage
Jonny The Savage

Atlantis, Apple Rock



About
Aesthete, philosopher and scholar first; and a writer, poet and musician second. A rather blunt individual with no regard for dogma or taboo. A curious soul seeking the truth beyond this mortal coil. more..

Writing