Oudrine: Journal Entry 8

Oudrine: Journal Entry 8

A Chapter by Johnzo
"

Oudrine takes her first positive step in controlling her Inner Fire and begins to grow found of her new home at the Haven in Sedenza.

"

The past couple days have been going well. I had my second lesson with Celeste, which went much better than the first! This time we were outside in the garden sitting at the benches where we spoke my first day here. She had me cup my hands in front of me and close my eyes, she instructed me slowly to relax breathe deep and push out a little energy from my body, through my arms and into the space between my hands. I was surprised to find the air between my hands growing cooler and cooler. I was scared at first, but Celeste kept talking and guiding me... I just couldn't help but feel her calm. She then told me to spread apart my hands and open my eyes slowly. It was beautiful! Right before me floating was a pulsing ball of blue light, I was speechless. After all this time of being complete terrified of the energy inside me, I realized that it could be an amazing and beautiful thing. It took a while for it to sink in but, I'm no longer afraid of what's inside me. I can't even explain how much of a burden has been lifted off.... I feel like I can finally just be me now... and not have to constantly worry about letting loose this mysterious force inside me. The rest of the lesson is a blur; I was so amazed from seeing the ball of light from my own hands I could barely listen after that. But Celeste was very proud of me for taking this step.

I've also been getting to know Zsuta better, we've been eating almost every meal together and we have a lot in common. The way she describes her home in the northern forest colony reminds me a little of my own home in Briar. We actually went to the marketplace this morning as well, I think that's been the first time I've left the Haven since I arrived. Sedenza really is an amazing place, there are so many things I've never seen before, people, large ornate buildings, not to mention all the different wares at the merkant shops. I don't think I have ever even heard of half of the things they were selling! We went with Jonas and a few of the other boys from the Haven came as well. Besides all the interesting sites to see, the trip was pretty uneventful but it was nice just to be out wandering the shops with Zsuta for a while. When we were about to leave the mousy boy, whom I finally found out his name is Keth dropped all the things he was carrying Zsuta, the others and I went over to help pick them all up, luckily I don't think anything was broken, but I don't know why he was carrying so much being such a small boy. After that we went back to the Haven and packed the goods away in the store room. It was a fun day; I like it more and more here at the Haven as each day goes by. It must be nearly dinner time now though, I'll write again soon.



© 2009 Johnzo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
Added on September 7, 2009


Author

Johnzo
Johnzo

Bridgton, ME



About
For more info on my little world, visit: www.echowake.com -Latest post: 2nd Draft Preview My favorite stories are usually ones that have a bigger world behind them, a story behind the story that.. more..

Writing
Nightmare Nightmare

A Chapter by Johnzo