Tenowon: Log Record 6

Tenowon: Log Record 6

A Chapter by Johnzo
"

Tenowon finds a nearby town but things do not go as he hoped.

"

Things have taken a turn for the worse.  I awoke this morning in the back of a moving wooden cart.  It must’ve been early in the morning as I could feel a faded sunlight through the trees, but the air was still cool.  I attempted moving but I was unable to.  I also tried to speak but could not.  I heard some talking at the head of the cart but their words sounded strange and it was difficult to make out what they were saying.  I did manage to understand a few words, “strange” or “stranger”, and something about “take him to klerick.”  I wasn’t worried at this point, I assumed they would take me to someone in authority in the nearby village and this could all be straightened out.  As the minutes passed I grew stronger, and began to feel normal again.  About the time I felt strong enough to sit up the cart stopped.  A man came around to the back of the cart; I can only assume he was one of the ones I heard earlier.  He saw me sitting there and then he yelled something in gibberish and ran away into nearby building.  I stepped out of the cart and examined the town.  Rustic wooden buildings lining a gravel road, it seemed mostly residential, with what appeared to be several merchant shops clustered in on area of the village center.  The other man from the front of the cart peaked out from around stared straight at me with an odd bewildered look on his face.  I greeted him, and he replied trembling but I did not understand him.  It finally occurred to me then that the language the people in this area speak is one I had never heard.  I was finally thinking clearly now that I had a chance to stretch my legs.  I began to ask the man some questions, but as I took a step towards him he coward and ran off like the first man had.  It was still early in the day so any local commerce had yet to begin in the town, so I began walking around the empty street looking for any sign of information that would be useful to me.  I realized at that point that wherever I was before awaking in the mountain must have been far from here.  I can barely understand any of the words spoken here, although the languages do seem to be related somehow.  After walking the streets for a few minutes several men came out of the building I saw the cart drivers run to earlier.  A few of them were armed with nets and what appeared to be blunt melee weapons.  Instinctively I ran, though I had no idea where to go, so I ran towards the end of town.  I easily out ran the mob and found some shelter in the cleft of a hill outside of town.  It was effortless to run ahead of them, I must have led an active life before the mountain.  It has been nearly half an hour since I’ve heard anything of my pursuers, I wonder why they were so afraid of me.  Wait…. I hear someone coming… I may need to defend myself I will log again later. 



© 2009 Johnzo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on September 3, 2009


Author

Johnzo
Johnzo

Bridgton, ME



About
For more info on my little world, visit: www.echowake.com -Latest post: 2nd Draft Preview My favorite stories are usually ones that have a bigger world behind them, a story behind the story that.. more..

Writing
Nightmare Nightmare

A Chapter by Johnzo