Tenowon: Log Record 5

Tenowon: Log Record 5

A Chapter by Johnzo
"

Tenowon travels through the night to track down the nearest town.

"

It's getting very late now, but I must press on.  I found the water spring a few hours ago along with some tracks I believe to be made by a wheeled cart of some kind.  The grooves of the tracks were greater than 2 inches deep, leading me to think this spring is visited often.  I thought about waiting here there until someone came back, but I can't bear to stay here any longer, not with so many questions about how I came here.  I decided to follow the tracks in hopes of finding a village or at least a settlement.  After an hour I found a campsite, no one was there, but the fire pit was still full of glowing embers.  Someone had been here not more than a few hours ago, I was sure of it.  This gave me all the more reason to continue on.  I traveled down the path for a few more hours, and stopped here by the side of the path to rest my limbs.  I'm going to continue down the path now; I'll keep logging my thoughts as I go.  

    My desire for answers is the only thing keeping me moving, I feel exhausted and my limbs seem like they are barely able to move now.  Its pitch black, and I have only the light of the moon and stars to guide my steps.  I hope the people nearby will be able to answer my questions, or at least give me some guidance on how to obtain the information I need.  As time goes on it becomes more unbearable to have this missing section of my memory.  It's becoming difficult to remain objective... difficult to remain logical.  I’m so exhausted I can barely think.  I need rest, but I'm so close now...  I just need to focus keeping myself moving.  

    It's been another 30 minutes; I can see a light up ahead.  There appears to be an oil burning lantern on a sign post.  My eyes can’t focus enough to read the sign from this distance.  This must be the village...  I'm almost there but... my legs won't move...  Something’s wrong.  I can't even keep my eyes open; I think I've fallen to the ground...  I can't...  I....  Log Terminated



© 2009 Johnzo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on September 1, 2009


Author

Johnzo
Johnzo

Bridgton, ME



About
For more info on my little world, visit: www.echowake.com -Latest post: 2nd Draft Preview My favorite stories are usually ones that have a bigger world behind them, a story behind the story that.. more..

Writing
Nightmare Nightmare

A Chapter by Johnzo