Maej: Journal Entry 2

Maej: Journal Entry 2

A Chapter by Johnzo
"

Maej's first journey, he stops and notices some ruins, and to ponder his own new found strength.

"

I've been running and climbing over rocky terrain for hours on end today, I think it's time I took a short rest. I'm still on the way to Galena, east of here to stop whatever creature is plaguing them there, but I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps I am moving to hastily. After I discovered my latent power, I thought I could do most anything, but my sore limbs and bruised body are very weary from travel. I can barely hold myself up now. I've only been able to utilize the energy I can produce in more destructive ways, but I wonder if it has other uses. Perhaps with training I can use it to strengthen my physical body, heighten my senses, or even stave off sickness and infection. This warrants more study; hopefully with time I can find many more ways to focus my energy. For now, I think I’ll continue to rest here a while, I’m beginning to feel more tired than I realized. The terrain around me is very difficult to traverse, looking ahead it looks like another mile or so of jagged rocks and rubble. Interesting, as I examine more closely there appears to be large rods of metal sticking out of various rock formations near here. The cut and shape of the metal... they have to be man made but it seems impossible for them to be so far out here. And yet they also appear to be quite old. How could they have gotten here? There are no roads here, or air whale stations for miles, even the Cytech’s couldn’t have gotten out this far in the wilds. And why would they want to? A mystery for another day perhaps, I think I will meditate for while and focus on concentrating my energy, I’ll write more of my progress tomorrow.



© 2009 Johnzo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on August 31, 2009


Author

Johnzo
Johnzo

Bridgton, ME



About
For more info on my little world, visit: www.echowake.com -Latest post: 2nd Draft Preview My favorite stories are usually ones that have a bigger world behind them, a story behind the story that.. more..

Writing
Nightmare Nightmare

A Chapter by Johnzo