Wait

Wait

A Poem by Joey Martinez

Too many people are afraid of being alone and force relationships with souls that don't connect.
A senseless drone who depends on sex just to feel whatever emotion they have left.
Nothing makes them happy except that Friday check but it's being spent on a relationship of regrets.
But you're too much of a coward to be honest with yourself.
Believing your own lies to cover the damage you've done to your mental health.
However, the likes on your instagram begin to rise due to the hashtags of lies.
#Goals #Lovers #forever.
A state of emergency has been reached in your mind but you're too damn scared to pull the lever.
You can't speak about how you feel to your significant other because they're not your significant other.
They're just another like you're their another.
It's okay to be alone in this journey of love.
Don't fall for the crows, be patient and await the dove.
Patience.........

© 2018 Joey Martinez


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Await the dove...amazing write Joey. You did it again 😊

Posted 6 Years Ago


Joey Martinez

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much my friend!
.

6 Years Ago

Welcome J...
I love it!!!! You did a great job of depicting the dating relationships of today. I see this too often among many of my friends/associates. Why settle for less than you deserve? Everyone deserves true happiness.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 20, 2018
Last Updated on June 20, 2018

Author

Joey Martinez
Joey Martinez

Paterson , NJ



About
Poetry in motion more..

Writing