False smiles

False smiles

A Poem by Joey Martinez

The more people I encounter, the more smiles I witness.
I see many individuals focusing on physical fitness but tend to avoid their mental sickness.
I can't tell the difference between those who need to be saved or the ones who made it out the grave.
The slaves of depression are using deceiving expressions to avoid being mentioned with those who oppose guidance.
Using silence as their language of choice to avoid the sound of sadness in their voice.
People in this country of the United are becoming divided.
Only the strong survive.
Only the strong are remembered.
The weak are forgotten.
The weak are burning in the embers.
I understand it's hard to ask for help when the pain you felt continues to be dealt by the dealer.
I understand the disgust you have towards God but he's also the healer.
Sometimes a frown can show others that you're lost and need to be found.
Its time to pack your bags and leave town where smiles are being handed down from those who never made it out the ground.
Be strong and show that assistance needs to be obtained.
Those wasted times can not go undrained but new memories can be reached and made.

© 2018 Joey Martinez


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on May 16, 2018
Last Updated on May 16, 2018

Author

Joey Martinez
Joey Martinez

Paterson , NJ



About
Poetry in motion more..

Writing