Bright Night

Bright Night

A Poem by Joey Martinez

Even in the night there is a light shining and that made me realize that even through the darkest times there will always be a ray of light. No matter how bad things may get, there is hope, there is a positive. The world is never completely dark, there is always a ray of light coming from somewhere, whether it be from the moon or even a phone, there is always a light. I know a lot of people are lost in the darkness right now but if you don't give up and keep on battling through, you will find that light and that light will lead you to where you want to be. Just hang in there, keep your head up, everything may be completely dark, as if your eyes are closed but I promise you that ray of light will shine on you. Some people turn to drugs when they can't find the light and let me tell you, I do not agree with them nor disagree. I know whats its like when you can't find anything to numb the pain, I myself have went down that road and it led me to a dead end. But I do not judge people by how they deal with their depression or tough times but there are better ways and those better ways will lead you to better days. I chose writing, I saw the light shine bright on this pen and paper and I followed it. Now its your turn to find where the light shines, and I know you will find it, just be patient because sooner or later, that light is gonna show you the way out. 

© 2014 Joey Martinez


Author's Note

Joey Martinez
leave a review. thank you

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
Added on July 11, 2014
Last Updated on July 11, 2014

Author

Joey Martinez
Joey Martinez

Paterson , NJ



About
Poetry in motion more..

Writing