Chapter 23: Shattering the walls of ice.

Chapter 23: Shattering the walls of ice.

A Chapter by CzatoftheMoon
"

*The group ran down the road meeting a dead end and finally reached the outskirts of the Sacred ground. As Ellia approached she shivered feeling cold then pulled back looking to everyone*

"

Ellia: everyone be careful! theirs more.. this might be all three of them but.. hyah!

*she pulled away as a whip came smashing down at her feet and froze the ground beneath her. She looked as the mist suddenly grew around the group and shadows of two figures could be seen in the mist. Ellia moved beside the rest of the girls and looked around. A voice came from the mist*

Tamira: darling looks like we have more company.

Caln: here to distract us from the Duke? pah you wont win.

*they looked around as the voices spoke*

Tamira: could they be... yes! I think that ones the Duke's child!

*Vira growled*

Caln: good, then we will make her into an ice sculpture and present her to him.

*Ellia looked to the mist*

Ellia: this isnt the time to fight! the king of war is on his way here, and he intends to kill Igar! Stand aside!

*The voices seemed to go quiet then laughter was heard from the mist*

Tamira: ahahahaha! the King? is that what we sensed? to kill Igar? you must mean the boy in the Sacred Lands.

Caln: if we retreat now the king of war could take down the kids, the Duke and the boy. Still we do need to bring something back.

Tamira: im with you darling! Lets kill whoever we can then before he arrives. No more playing in the mist get ready to die!

*Ellia blinked as shards of ice were sent to them in all directions from the mist. She activated her barrier around the group sending them back but they shattered into ice that rained down on the group and froze the ground outside the barrier. Ellia blinked and looked as it all then turned into frozen ice. She huffed feeling a stiffness in her breathing*

Ellia: ah... these two.. are stronger.. with just that one attack.. its hard to breathe.

*Reim nodded*

Reim: their attacks are able to change the very air. Ice crystals are forming in the air very tiny but still there.  

*Vira looked outside the barrier at the shadows in the mist*

Vira: I cant tell if theirs two or three of them but their not like the one from before.

*Lania blinked*

Lania: I dont think limbo plan will work on them.

*Ellia nodded*

Ellia: true, but it may be easier. We need to knock out the one who changes the atmosphere first or else we will get exhausted more quickly.

*suddenly a spear was sent flying into the barrier. The group pulled back as the ice spread ed underneath them and air rose up freezing. Ellia blinked looking to Reim as she nodded*

Reim: that attack went straight through your barrier.. it must be a freezing vapor. We need to avoid their attacks.

*Vira blinked seeing more spears raining down at them*

Vira: more on the way! hurry split up!

*the group split in four directions as the shadows around them seemed to split and send both long range whip attacks at them as well as ice spears. Lania quickly dodged the whip but blinked as her leg was caught and started to be pulled into the mist. Vira quickly moved and slashed the whip breaking it but before she could pause another spear came to her. This time Ellia reformed her shield and hardened it to shine bright. The Spear seemed to splash on the barrier and freeze. Vira looked to Lania who huffed a bit and wiped off the ice before it could freeze hard enough around her leg. Next Reim was being attacked by whips as two seemed to appear out the fog and strike at her feet. She dodged them trying to find the source and fix in on it but couldn't focus due to having to dodge the attacks*

Reim: ungh geez..

*Ellia looked to Reim but blinked seeing another spear coming her way. The spear clashed with her barrier but pushed her back as the ice froze. Lania shook her head*

Lania: their strong. The mist is making it hard to find out who to attack.

*Vira blinked*

Vira: wait that's it.. if im right then..

*she closed her eyes and rose her blade. It started to emit waves of wind. she then slashed forward as a blade of wind was sent into the mist. The wind froze up creating an icicle but cleared the mist enough to see a woman pass through the mist. She smirked*

Vira: I found one.. counterclockwise.

*Reim looked to Vira and nodded moving toward the barrier. She quickly dodged the whip attacks and slid into the barrier. The attacks then focused on Ellia's barrier growing stronger now combined as the temperature dropped more each attack the girls huffed a bit*

Ellia: hah.. hah.. its getting hard to breathe again.. Reim?

*she nodded looking to Vira*

Reim: Vira do it again and ill try something ive been practicing everyone be ready.

*Vira nodded rising her sword again and swung towards the mist just as Tamira passed through. Reim spotted her and rose her hands out forming an orb around her and pulled her towards them. Tamira yelped being pulled out of the mist just as Caln sent his spear at them*

Reim: now! drop the barrier Ellia and everyone scatter!

*The group scattered as Reim released Tamira. She blinked and yelled being hit by the spear and suddenly froze solid. Caln yelled out stopping his attack*

Caln: Tamirraaaa!!!!!

*the mist dropped as she froze and he rushed to her quickly placing his hand on her and thawed her out. She gasped and coughed up water but fell unconscious. Caln set her down and looked seeing the three girls gather back at each others side. He growled*

Caln: damn you.. look at what youve done! ill make you pay!

*he growled and rose his hands as ice formed on him. Suddenly ice formed around him forming a figure of a giant ice golem. He stood over them inside the golem as it match his movements. Ellia gasped looking in surprise*

Ellia: th-thats not... what the other one did!

*Reim growled*

Reim: hes fused with his ice to become a giant!

*he roared sending a giant fist down at them. They scattered but the ice suddenly froze the ground underneath them and spread ed in all directions. Lania gasped as she looked down to her feet frozen in ice. Reim, Vira and Ellia too were frozen*

Ellia: the freezing effects of the woman somehow carried to him? what is this?

*Reim nodded trying to break free*

Reim: could this be some sort of gem power fusion? impossible!

*He laughed now enraged and rose his hands as the ice giant rose his hands as well with his movement preparing to slam down on them all at once*

Caln: youll die for what you did to my Tamira.. huh?!

*he blinked as a flicker of light came from the right arm and suddenly it was cut in half falling to the ground. Around the girls the ice was shattered around their legs by a shadow. Caln looked trying to find where it came from as Vira blinked and quickly rushed underneath him cutting off the left leg. He started to fall over forward breaking into pieces as the group scattered. Caln then rose up huffing and looked to the girls but staggered and kneel ed down. They walked over to him as he huffed and shook his head*

Caln: you wont.. you wont win.. ill take you all with me!

*They blinked as Reim realized his attack*

Reim: no! hes going to overcharge his gem!

*He pulled out his gem from his pocket and held it up drawing in power. It started to glow as he pushed it into the ground and froze an entire circle of ice around himself and the girls.*

Caln: this is the end! die Rosarade!

*he rose his hand to push it deep in the ground as it shined while the girls tried to break free. Vira blinked seeing the shadow again move beside him and quickly chopped him in the neck.*

Caln: guhh!? ....nngh... curses..

*the pulsing stopped as he  wobbled and fell over to his side and the ice melted quickly away. The girls looked to the shadow of the figure then it slowly faded revealing itself to be Duke Val who looked to them calmly.*

Duke Val: the fights over, he lost. You did well girls.

*Vira blinked and walked up to him giving him a small glare*

Vira: what? were you here the whole time?

*He nodded*

Duke Val: I was, I needed to guard the gate so they wouldn't slip past me. Its good that you showed up but we dont have much time to talk. I sense a presence coming this way and then theirs their leader Sain he got past me in the confusion.

*Ellia nodded looking to him*

Ellia: yes, its the King of the War kingdom.. we dont have much time though, they said to meet with you.

*He blinked*

Duke Val: is that right..  then the situation must be more serious than considered.

*he looked to Caln then to the girls*

Duke Val: I need you all to go into the sacred lands. Go as far as you can into the forest until you find Sain. Stop him no matter what.

*Vira blinked looking as he started to walk away*

Vira: where are you going?

*He looked to her*

Duke Val: I need to buy you some time with the other Dukes.

*Vira shook her head*

Vira: no!.. hes too strong! even the other Dukes said so! You would challenge him wouldn't you?

*He closed his eyes then nodded.*

Duke Val: I am not afraid of him. I will do my best.. and if its not enough then I will...

*she growled*

Vira: stop it! stop doing that to yourself!

*Reim looked to Vira and Duke Val then to Caln and nodded looking to Ellia and Lania*

Reim: Ellia.. we should move those two.. if the king finds them hes likely to execute them..

*She blinked looking to Reim who gave her a bit of a look to Vira and Duke Val then nodded.*

Ellia: r-right.. umm Lania could you get his companion? we will get him and move them somewhere out of view.

*Lania blinked then nodded walking away*

Lania: I will but she may be hard to move! shes got giant chest bubbles too! its hard to move someone who.. blah blah... blah..

*she muttered walking away while Reim and Ellia picked up Caln. Then walked away to a side near the gate of the Sacred lands to place him down as Lania followed dragging Tamira leaving the Duke with his daughter*

Duke Val: humph.. Vira, you are holding up the others..

*she growled*

Vira: this is important to me! Look dad.. I know that you feel like sis's leaving us was your own fault for training her badly or failing her.. but you didn't! her decision was her own.. cant you understand that just because we are growing up doesn't mean we don't need you? or that you failed us?

*He closed his eyes*

Duke Val: come now Vira, do you really think ill die? I am coming back no matter what.. I learned my lesson to your mother in the war and found my equal in her.. but more than that I learned that I cant always be the best.. right now though.. something has come back to me.. a feeling I forgot a long time ago..

*Vira blinked*

Vira: I dont understand dad.. what are you saying?

*He smiled*

Duke Val: for the first time in years.. ive got my honor back.. I feel as though I can be the lethal Duke of Blades I was once more.. no.. more than that.. since I met Igar ive felt like I have a duty again.. not just to you or my allies.. but to the Star Clan.

*Vira nodded slowly and thought for a moment*

Vira: then.. its true.. you were a protector of the star clan..

*He nodded*

Duke Val: a long time ago before I met your mother, I was a swordsman in training. I was not of their clan but.. I trained to protect them.. it was an honor because I had no one to protect back then..

*Vira growled*

Vira: you have us now! you have me and mom and sis too!

*He nodded closing his eyes*

Duke Val: yes your right, but ive had a wound near my heart that I got for protecting the star clan that should have killed me that always ached even with my family.. it made me remember.. the one duty I failed.. to protect the Star clan.

*Vira glared to him*

Vira: what is it about them that matters so much to you?

*Duke Val shook his head*

Duke Val: its something you should understand. its the first honor I was given. The first duty. Tell me, remember the day you first learned to train by me?

*she nodded*

Vira: yes, it was when I was twelve. Sis had already left us but I wanted to learn so badly from you anyway. You finally gave in and let me learn the basics.. I felt so happy I couldn't stop shaking when I held the sword. It was like an honor..

*he nodded as she blinked realizing his words*

Duke Val: the first time you picked up a sword, the first time I was given the duty to guard someone.. then my duty expanded. What im trying to say Vira, is that I wont lose. I have you and Taya and even Alliani wherever she may be to live for. I am stronger than ive ever been. Can you trust me?

*She blinked tearing up a bit then turned away wiping her eyes*

Vira: just.. just come back.. and dont die.. remember the real honor is living for all of us. If you must feel the way you did in the past and have all that honor stay alive to celebrate it with us!

*He blinked and closed his eyes laughing a bit*

Duke Val: hmm.. hehehehe... my little Vira you've grown up im proud of you.

*She smiled a bit as the Duke softly grabbed her hand and pulled her close hugging her tightly*

Vira: d-dad..

*He smiled*

Duke Val: you will always be my little daughter and I love you.

*she blinked and teared up more hugging him tightly*

Vira: why.. why did you have to say that... nnahhh dad! waahhhh!.. mmm.. please just dont die.. no you better come back...

*He smiled laughing a bit*

Duke Val: its alright Vira, ill come back. I promise.

*She nodded as he stepped back and bowed.*

Duke Val: stay strong and remember that no matter what keep calm and trust your blade.

*he gripped his sword as it glowed and vanished into a shadow. Vira closed her eyes reflecting on his words then nodded and moved quickly to the girls waiting and at the gates if the Sacred Grounds joining up with them*

Vira: im ready.. thank you everyone..

*They smiled to her and nodded as everyone looked to the gates. Ellia looked to them*

Ellia: alright. Lets go!

*they moved into the dense forest of trees and grass and began to run at top speed in the sacred lands*

*Meanwhile Duke Tolhm and Duke Renning looked on as King Drygar made it to the two stopping a bit from them and smiling*

King Drygar: ah! hello there Dukes of these lands. Looks as though you were waiting for me. Come to show me to the boy?

*Duke Renning smirked*

Duke Renning: its been too long King Drynar, last we met was on the battlefield. You were running away that day.

*He huffed grinning*

King Drygar: That was a long time ago, MUCH long ago. Memories like that are crushed out of the peoples minds.

*Duke Tolhm smirked*

Duke Tolhm: or would you call it "removed?" you never could handle peoples words against you.

*He smiled laughing*

King Drygar: hohohoho! Duke Tolhm the Living Snake, are you still upset with what doctor Guillium did to your daughter? you shouldn't be, thanks to her ive gotten much more information closer to accomplishing my dreams and your daughter is permanently infused with that legendary gem.

*he growled*

Duke Tolhm: Doctor? so you did replace me and continue my work, hah! it will be your own downfall. Trusting that thing is giving your enemy your own weakness. Then again your fine with that arnt you? Idiots mad with power dont see weaknesses.

*King Drygar growled*

King Drygar: fool. You shall see what happens when people cross me.

*he rose his hand as a gem appeared first and a large golden sword appeared in his hand. As he dropped his blade it broke the ground and shook the area around them. He smiled with a large grin*

King Drygar: lets start at ten percent power. Can you hold out?


© 2015 CzatoftheMoon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on September 22, 2015
Last Updated on September 22, 2015
Tags: Fantasy, Shonein, action, adventure


Author

CzatoftheMoon
CzatoftheMoon

Winnie , TX



About
I am a writer of fanfiction and anime type storys but I could probobly write about anything I wanted. Dont expect much from me folks I dont think im any good at writing. more..

Writing