Chapter 18: Tension makes a perfect appetizer.

Chapter 18: Tension makes a perfect appetizer.

A Chapter by CzatoftheMoon
"

(more shifting)

"
*Earlier, Igar arrived at the gate to the sacred lands. He walked out of the car as Duke Val looked on at the gate. In surprise Igar looked seeing the large rusted gate. The area was overgrown with roots and vines and grass bundles. The trees were tall as the buildings he once was surrounded by and their was a rune carving on the sides of the gates. The entire ground was stone at the bottom with vines and roots growing through the cracks. For some reason though an ominous but familiar feeling was in the air for him. He shivered looking to it but felt drawn to it as well*


DUke Val: Igar, how does it look?

*Duke Val moved out of the car as the butler set up a small tent on the side. Igar looked in amazement at the gate and shook his head*

Igar: its old.. but ive.. ive got a feeling like.. I know this place.

*He nodded*

Duke Val: your sounding like you are a star clan member.

*Igar looked to him then shook his head*

Igar: no.. its not that.. I feel like ive seen it recently..

*Duke Val blinked as Igar shook his head*

Igar: maybe.. some time when I was little?.. but I only remember being a baby.. augh..

*he kneel ed down as Duke Val walked next to him*

Duke Val: are you alright?

*Igar sighed and stood up*

Igar: I.. Im fine.. I want to see more though..

*Duke Val shook his head*

Duke Val: before you do, I have to talk to you about something. You may want to know it.

*Igar nodded as Duke Val walked over to the tent and sat in a small chair. Igar sat in front of him. Duke
Val pulled a small red box out of his pocket and opened it in front of Igar. Igar immediately yelped and shivered
looking to it. Inside was a crystallized gem wrapped in what seemed to be clear crystal. The very sight made Igar
shake*

Igar: nnngh.. what.. what is that.. I feel something from it.. please put it away!

*He blinked and nodded closing it and putting it back in his pocket*

Duke Val: your reaction to a man made crystal is strange.

*Igar looked to him and huffed a bit*

Igar: man.. made? you mean it wasn't a natural crystal?

*He nodded*

Duke Val: its one made by the kingdom of Deignvart. The war kingdom.

*Igar shivered*

Igar: I.. I felt rage in it.. like angry rage.. rampage.

*He blinked*

Duke Val: you felt it? what does that mean?

*Igar shrugged a bit*

Igar: it was just.. like a feeling. Whats the point of these things.. why not use natural gems?

*Duke Val nodded*

Duke Val: I agree but these gems.. their powerful gems made for war They were used in the war of the country's.

*Igar blinked*

Igar: what.. using gems for war.. they were made to stop war! to stop people from destroying themselves!

*he nodded*

Duke Val: the Deignvartins found a way to create them though, with their man made gems they conquered most of
the known land and more.

*Igar felt a shiver in his spine and growled*

Igar: they.. found a way to make things work for them.. but who was responsible.. those things.. their terrible.

*Duke Val blinked surprised by his response*

Duke Val: you are more and more convincing me you are a star clan member, these things are some of the things they'd hate.

*Igar blinked as he stood up and walked out of the tent then threw the box and gem up and quickly pulled out his blade with one
swift swing cut it in half box and all. The gem seemed to catch on fire and burst into ashes in the air. Igar blinked looking to him*

Igar: I thought you wanted to hang on to that.

*he smiled and shook his head*

Duke Val: just like you, I can sense the feelings of pain and hate in these gems.. more than that. I beleve in the ways of the Star clan.

*Igar blinked*

Igar: Duke Val.. you.. did you have some connection to them?

*He nodded*

Duke Val: my ancestors were once protectors of the star clan.. more than that.. they were brothers. We had no true relationship with them but
they were considered allies and holy men.

*Igar shook his head*

Igar: I dont understand.. just what was it about the Star clan that caused them to be destroyed? why did people forget them?

*He waved his hands*

Duke val: I can only answer a few of those questions. To simply put it, The War kingdom were the ones who made the Star purge, destruction of every star clan member. Our ancestors wanted to help and did.. but the war kingdom was too strong.. only a few of us are left. We had no choice.. we hid our feelings and practices and had to save ourselves while the clan was wiped out.. Over time the war kingdom covered up any information about the Star clan and anything out of their reach they sent death squads to keep it sealed away. The only reason the sacred lands are still allowed to be seen, is because the benevolent king protected this ground to his death and earned the war kings respect.

*Igar blinked*

Igar: so.. the reason no one knows about them.. is because the war king wiped them out and covered them up?. No one stood up to them? no one tried to stop them from
doing this? The benevolent king.. he had to die for this land to be protected! It is senseless!

*Duke Val nodded*

Duke Val: I agree but its our sad history.. the strongest have always ruled.

*Igar growled*

Igar: thats.. the strongest.. always that.. its been like that since I was a child.. ive lost so much.. I feel now though.. that ive got something.. I have everyone who cares..
and and I have more.. if they think they can take away that.. I wont let them!

*the gates seemed to react to his feelings and creaked open. Duke Val blinked surprised as Igar looked to the gates. He smiled and nodded*

Duke val: well done. You are allowed to go into the sacred lands.

*Igar blinked and looked to him confused*

Igar: what does that mean?

*Duke Val shook his head*

Duke Val: I cant really tell you. I dont know anything about the Sacred lands. I do know though that the gate has never opened for anyone.

*Igar shivered a bit looking then looked to him*

Igar: should I.. really go?

*DUke Val smiled*

Duke Val: only you can go Igar, dont worry I will be here to greet you. Find what your soul and spirit are looking for only you can.

*Igar nodded and closed his eyes*

Igar: what my soul and spirit are looking for.. in there I will.. thank you Duke Val.. I will do this.

*he nodded as Igar walked into the Sacred lands and headed deep inside. Duke Val looked on as he disapeared then blinked holding his blade close and looked around*

Duke Val: already?.. looks like the hounds are here..

*a group of four men appeared in robes and pulled out blades looking to him*

???: you! hand over the kid.

*He smirked*

Duke Val: you shouldn't threaten me.. you wont live long enough to say another syllable.

*the group moved around him and rushed forward but suddenly one member fell then another seemingly impaled by their own blade as the last two more looked
around they huddled up back to back ready. Duke val blinked looking around and feeling a cold chill*

Duke val: this chill.. this is the aura of a gem..

*The man shivered and gasped looking as his feet as they started to freeze. The other man yelped and tried to pull away but was suddenly frozen solid. As the two froze alive
figures appeared in the mist as a woman and man walked up to Duke Val. He readied himself looking to them as they appeared and nodded*

Duke Val: the Frozen couple. Caln Caelin, the frozen spear and Tamira Caelin the frozen whip. To what do I owe the honor of this visit?

*The tall blue haired man smiled*

Caln: Duke Val, I heard simply you were being targeted. I thought id assist you if you needed help.

*he jammed a spear in the frozen robed men and shattered them into piece. Duke Val nodded*

Duke Val: I can only wonder where you got that idea.

*The woman with long blonde hair smiled*

Tamira: you sound like you dont appreciate our help? should we have let them kill you?

*he shook his head keeping his distance*

Duke Val: im sure you wouldnt let that happen.. but more than that you look as if the two of you are looking for something.

*Caln stared to the gate curiously*

Caln: the gate is open? interesting, does that mean the boy is in there?

*Duke Val gave him a stern look*

Duke Val: who told you about this place? More than that I can already guess your here to kill him arnt you?

*The two looked to him quietly as the air started to freeze around them. Duke Val shook his head*

Duke val: you two do this.. and you wont live to make it back to your siblings.

*Caln laughed and rose his spear to Duke Val*

Caln: is that a threat? poor choice Duke Val, dont think you cant be replaced.. or made to be an accident.

*Tamira smiled and nodded*

Tamira: and your daughter.. could have an accident to..

*Duke Val growled as a dark red aura surrounded him*

Duke val: ...your that willing to die?..

*a pulse was sent out to the two of them as they blinked and looked seeing their weapons shattered into pieces. Before they could blink
A shadow of Duke Val appeared near each of them holding blades against their necks.The Two of them looked in surprise*

Caln: h-how?

Tamira: when did...

*Duke Val's eyes glowed red as he stared to them*

Duke Val: Leave before I cut more than your weapons in half.

*Caln smiled looking to Duke Val*

Caln: you truly are the Shadow Specture.. but.. when did you activate your skills second power..

*He growled*

Duke Val: leave or talk, It matters not, you will not enter that gate.

*Tamira shivered looking to Caln*

Tamira: my dear.. we are outmatched..

*He nodded and smiled*

Caln: I believe we are.. however just know that we will be waiting.

*the two of them shattered into ice and fell to the ground vanishing as the mist cleared. Duke Val looked around
and nodded*

Duke Val: still here? these ice hounds dont give up.

*he sat silent and looked around. The butlers were frozen solid along with the cars tires. Strangely the ice wasn't melting.
He growled*

Duke Val: they have stopped all chance to contact the others.. impressive.

*he sighed and waited quietly closing his eyes and meditated*

*meanwhile at the restaurant..*

*A square table held a mixture of food for each of the teams. One large table between each of them with four chairs on each side for the teams were set as they arrived and sat down. More and more waiters stood by each of their side ready to serve. Duke Renning sat at his own personal
table beside them drinking wine from a clear glass. As the group sat silently for the first part he only looked to them all with a smile*

Duke Renning: whats the matter? this is a day of peace. Eat!

*The groups gave him a bit of a look but slowly each of them started to eat silently. The tension in the air was strong. Duke Renning shook his head.*

Duke Renning: hmm.. not exactly sociable..

*Lania smiled picking through her food and eating small bits*

Lania: this food is great! its great to eat something more than snacks sometime.

*Luan smiled*

Luan: id hate to agree with you of all people but it is good to eat something different.

*Turin shook his head*

Turin: its certainly different.. the way they made our foods must be made by someone of this nation.

*Tain nodded*

Tain: I couldnt agree more brother, it looks terrible and overdone.

*Itaria was chewing down food and looked to them shaking her head*

Itaria: I dont know about that, Its really good food wherever its made. Beats the food you eat on battlefields.

*Ellia shook her head*

Ellia: use the utensils! honestly you look like a savage dog.

*Itaria blinked looking to her then swallowed the rest of her food and sighed*

Itaria: bout time you said something other than sitting there glaring. And for your information, I have no utensils. They only get in the way
of food.

*Ellia huffed*

Ellia: is everyone from your nation so rude and blatant?

*She grinned widely with a smile*

Itaria: Igar would love it, dont you think.

*Ellia growled as Duke Renning waved to the two of them*

Duke Renning: come now! change topic, we dont need to ruin this meal with fights.

*The two of them blinked as Reim nodded*

Reim: the Duke has a point. Lets talk about something else.. hmm well what about parents? who pushes their child to come to a restaurant with their rivals?

*Duke Renning blinked*

Duke Renning: w-well..

*Lilin nodded eating a bit more of her food*

Lilin: agreed. I mean cant they do something else? like have their dinner parties by themselves? I was looking forward to relaxing and shopping.

*Tilune blinked*

Tilune: you? shop? I thought you'd let someone do that for you? guess you are more than makeup.

*She gave a scowl to her but smiled*

Lilin: of course I shop. Only hand picked makeups and clothes I choose are worthy of me.

*Ullia blinked*

Ullia: Thats impressive, I feel the same way! Really what is it when a person cant even go shopping for them self on a break?

*Lira sighed*

Lira: id rather not shop, I buy the entire store. I am more interested in the variety of wildlife. For instance where is the rabbits? this
land is so rock and brim.

*Lania blinked and nodded*

Lania: thats what we need! a petting zoo!

*Luan and Tain blinked*

Luan: a petting zoo?! where?

Tain: I want to see them! where?

*Ellia growled*

Ellia: their is no petting zoo! be sensible!

*Reim shook her head*

Reim: come now Ellia, they are children.

*Tain blinked*

Tain: children? I happen to be sixteen! How old are you?

*Nivel looked to him*

Nivel: its impolite to ask someones age dont you know manners where your from?

*Vira growled*

Vira: enough! we all know the real reason we came here! you wanna know dont you? wanna know about our best fighter!

*Reim blinked and waved her hands*

Reim: Vira! dont!

*Vira glared to her*

Vira: im not gonna sit here and make weak talk with our enemies! Dont you get it that all these people would rather cheat
and kill us than see us win? Id be surprised if some of them haven't already tried!

*Reim stood up and looked to Vira*

Reim: Vira! stop!

*Ullia glared to her*

Ullia: how dare you accuse us of cheating! what makes you think your all on the straight path! you have been accused of cheating before!

*Ellia glared to her standing up as Lania and Luan looked to them arguing*

Ellia: if standing in the line of battle to protect one of your own from getting cut down is cheating then call me a cheater! Killing was never needed!

*Lira sighed and looked to her*

Lira: really now? and you think letting them live in disgrace is better what kind of fighter are you?

*Sain quietly ate his soup as the girls complained a bit more. Duke Renning sighed and stood up*

Duke Renning: enough. Your making a scene and that wasn't what we wanted.

???: indeed!

*they yelped looking as Duke Tolhm walked into the restaurant smiling and wearing an elegant tuxedo complete with an eyeglass wear*

Reim: dad? I didnt know you'd be here.

Duke Renning: Tolhm good timing.

*He looked to Vira*

Duke Tolhm: Vira, you shouldn't cause trouble where it isnt due.

*She blinked and shook her head*

Vira: but..

*Duke Tolhm then looked to Ullia*

Duke Tolhm: and Lady Ullia im sure you understand that their are no rules in the Elegant royale about saving someone. Killing is also a disappointing way to win.

*Ullia huffed*

Ullia: it is the way of Deinvart, those who fight honorably will die just as honorably.

*Duke Tolhm nodded*

Duke Tolhm: true however it is an honor here to let your opponents live, More than that it is both honorable to you and a disgrace to them.

*Ullia growled*

Ullia: they choose to die by fighting us, The Valkyries dont just kill for no reason. Everyone should know that we fight for glory and dont go easy.

*Nivel nodded*

Nivel: letting somone live because were afraid to kill doesnt show anything to us either.

*Duke Tolhm waved his hands*

Duke Tolhm: I am not here to debate the value of life and honor with you, I will however tell you all important news. You all have been given gifts from each of your
contries in reward of making it this far.

*they blinked and looked surprised as Luan smiled and her siblings cheered softly. Duke Tolhm grinned*

Duke Tolhm: however.. we have made a change to the final. You will be fighting somewhere else. The Central Kingdom of Imais.

*they blinked looking in shock. The entire table was silent*

Ellia: the... kingdom of Imais..

*Reim closed her eyes*

Reim: the Central kingdom.. it was the last holdout for the Star clan..

*Nivel nodded*

Nivel: more than that.. its where the gems of the first kings were found..

*Ellia shook her head*

Ellia: a sacred land like that can really be used?

*Duke Tolhm nodded*

Duke Tolhm: apparently its been requested personally that you all fight in the Altrun Dome that King Drygar created.

*Itaria huffed*

Itaria: hah.. so father finished it huh? it took three generations to make that blood house.

*Duke Tolhm smiled*

Duke Tolhm: but thats not all he has asked to personally see the commoner who has made a name. He is here in the lands.

*Itaria blinked and looked to him standing up*

Itaria: what?! my father?! here? whats going on! you cant do this! neither can he!.. not now!

*Ellia blinked as Duke Tolhm shrugged*

Duke Tolhm: he awaits at the villa you currently are staying in.

*Itaria looked to the group then nodded*

Itaria: Duke Tolhm, I think I need to chat with my father, please excuse me.

*before he could say more she quickly walked out of the restaurant. The Valkyries looked confused and followed her leaving*

*Luan looked to her watch and smiled then to Duke Tolhm*

Luan: We need to go too. We have something more than a prize waiting at our hotel.

*Duke Tolhm smirked and nodded*

Duke Tolhm: go ahead Lady Luan.

*She bowed as the others with her did and walked out of the restaurant*

*Ellia shook her head*

Ellia: this isnt right.. we should finish things in our lands.

*Duke Tolhm nodded*

Duke Tolhm: I agree that it isnt wise to fight in the lands of the war kingdom however the king himself is using his trick card.
The fact his kingdom won the last royale makes his changes legal. By doing this he cannot use that weight over us though.

*Ellia growled*

Ellia: this is still wrong.. they will kill him!

*Duke Tohlm smirked*

Duke Tohlm: its unlikely.

*Sain looked to them and after finishing his plate he bowed and walked off with Lilin following him. She smirked looking to Ellia and Duke Tolhm*

Lilin: good luck! hehee

*As they left Duke Renning looked to Duke Tolhm quietly nodding. He smiled and nodded then looked to Ellia*

Duke Tolhm: Lets go meet him. We will go there as soon as you change.

*Ellia blinked*

Ellia: what? you mean it? but is that okay?

*he nodded*

Duke Tolhm: it was the deal wasnt it?

*Ellia nodded*

Ellia: r-right..

*She looked to the girls as Vira and Reim stood up. Lania frowned a bit eating the last few bits of food on her plate then stood up and
followed the group out of the restaurant. Duke Renning sighed and looked to Duke Tolhm*

Duke Renning: thankfully you've arrived. You have good timing. How goes our plan with the special commoner?

*He closed his eyes and contently smiled*

Duke Tolhm: it looks as though the Ice wolf and Fox have attacked Duke Val, however he is easily holding them off. Whats more Lord Sain there is not the person he seems. He is clever but not good enough.

*Duke Renning blinked*

Duke Renning: Oh? what do you mean? wait.. that small feeling ive sensed, could it be the activation of a gem?

*he nodded*

Duke Tolhm: Lord Sain is using his powers to create a mirror of himself while the real one is in the sacred lands. He used the distraction that his siblings created to
make his way in the lands. However he does not know that ive already set traps there. They are doing well to slow him down.

*Duke Renning smirked*

Duke Renning: so he tried to fool us.. but sad for him the boy has reached the innards of the Sacred lands. By the time Lord Sain reaches him it may be the end of him.

*Duke Tolhm nodded*

Duke Tolhm: the boy has grown stronger than he realizes. Its clear now he is a Star clan but theirs more too it. His full powers have been awakened since he has went into combat.

*Duke Renning growled*

Duke Renning: the more power he expells the more the Death Squad will try to track him.

*Duke Tolhm laughed and shook his head*

Duke Tolhm: they wont be able to step foot here, that is why they sent their assassins and competitors to kill him.

*Duke Renning smirked*

Duke Renning: the boy is, well Igar is handling the situation well but his first real battle will happen soon. Lord Sain slipped past us and he may be clever enough to slip past your traps.
Igar however will sense him and I believe we may have an incident on our hands.

*Duke Tolhm nodded*

Duke Tolhm: blame their country, the paranoid king considers the boy a threat and wanted him eliminated immideately so he used his competitors as reapers.

*Duke Renning nodded but thought for a moment*

Duke Renning: true but by sending the girls to the sacred lands now, wont that mean they will have to deal with the Ice couple?

*He nodded*

Duke Tolhm: they must be tested, the two of them will give them quite that.

*Duke Renning nodded*

Duke Renning: I see, well im sure my little comet is ready. Shall we go to them then? lets begin the next stage of our plan.

*Duke Tolhm laughed and nodded as the two of them made their way out of the restaurant and to the hotel.*

(Meanwhile Igar moves further into the Sacred lands compelled by some unknown feeling to reach the center..)



© 2015 CzatoftheMoon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on September 22, 2015
Last Updated on September 22, 2015
Tags: Fantasy, Shonein, action, adventure


Author

CzatoftheMoon
CzatoftheMoon

Winnie , TX



About
I am a writer of fanfiction and anime type storys but I could probobly write about anything I wanted. Dont expect much from me folks I dont think im any good at writing. more..

Writing