Chapter 13: Kindred Spirits.

Chapter 13: Kindred Spirits.

A Chapter by CzatoftheMoon
"

The battle between house Uvel and house Rosarade has been concluded. In their victory they silently cheer to themselves but are too tired to do anything more. A ballroom celebration begins at night..

"
(( The night falls as both teams have moved into the main house and in their rooms. A victory ballroom feast and celebration is planned for the night. Uvel of course will not attend but many others do. In the ballroom many chatter amongst themselves about the days competition..))

Duke Rosarade: eugh.. humph!

*the Duke grumbles in his chair holding a glass of fine wine and slowly swirls it in the glass. His wife looks to him with concern.*

Elenine: my dear we have won, why the disappointment?

*He growled gripping his glass*

Duke Rosarade: that worm.. that little dog has won so far.. and if I refuse to acknowledge it ill be the laughingstock of the state!

*she smiled and shook her head*

Elinine: dear you have nothing to worry for, he is a peasant. He may have won the battle for us but he will never have my child's hand in marriage. He has no house and no true status. The law would not bend. Ask for your honor it will remain intact.

*He nodded*

Duke Rosarade: that is true my dear, but everyone in this room will know just that my honor has limits.

*Elenine smiled*

Elenine: dear dont worry, I can handle that. I will help you always.

*He blinked looking to her*

Duke Rosarade: how can you help me with this?

*Elenine smiled and laughed a bit*

Elenine: we simply wait. He is rebellious indeed and would not bend to us, but he still belongs to our house... his body and soul however can be bought by Lady Luan. Did you notice she stared at him with that look of want? And we know well that Lady Luan, always gets what she desires.

*the duke smirked and nodded grinning*

Duke Rosarade: I had misjudged you my wife, I thought you would side with Ellia. I see you do think as I do after all. A splendid plan.

*She smiled*

Elenine: of course my love. I will always be on your side and helping you.

*the two laughed as the duke smiled*

Duke Rosarade: I believe this will be a very interesting night.

*in the ballroom hall other guests were chatting as Itaria and her group made her way into the room smiling*

Itaria: Lyna! that was a very interesting fight wasn't it? I had that kid all figured wrong. He might just be something to look for.

*a woman with light blue hair and gold eyes shook her head*

Lyna: he was merely lucky. He wouldn't survive against the Valkyries lady Itaria.

*She smiled and shook her head*

Itaria: is that right? do you think the four of you could win against him? He was far stronger than he showed Lyna, I think youd have a challenge together.

*she blinked and huffed*

Lyna: are you saying you doubt we can fight him? We who took down many with our four spear attack?! We who walked over many corpses and fools in the royale rumble preliminary at home!? Our reputation is unflawed.

*She smiled and looked to her*

Itaria: oh? then what say we make a bet. I will grant you permission and my guardianship to find and do your best to leave him with five wounds non fatal. If you do this, I will also share my home spa villa with you.

*She blinked and smiled*

Lyna: wh-what?! we could use the royal spas you do? our skin would be beautiful beyond words!

*She smiled*

Itaria: more than that, you would be treated like a goddess.

*the girls smiled and giggled as Lyna nodded*

Lyna: its been a while since we had such luxury! ever since we stepped into this country the failed servants could not even get the food we want in time. You would really let us use your own personal servants and more?

*she nodded*

Itaria: of course. I never break my word. However if you fail to wound him at all. You will admit hes stronger than you all, and youll have to enjoy the backwater luxury of this land.

*Lyna groaned and shivered*

Lyna: never! I couldnt stand losing to such a street rat! Besides I dont think I could take anymore of this lands pathetic trys at "pampering".

*Itaria smiled*

Itaria: good! let that motivate you. I want you to sneak out of the party halfway through the night and find him. Good luck my Valkyries.

*they nodded as they laughed and went around the party to chat with other guests. Itaria smiled more widely*

Itaria: oh this will be a very good night! hahaha!

*as the guests chatted amongst each other more Lady Luan could be seen sitting at a table with two men and women. She sighed and looked around at the party*

Luan: hes not.. here.

*one dark haired man nodded*

???: indeed my lady. The boy isnt anywhere to be seen. What a dull party.

*she looked to him*

Luan: Nemu. I want him. He should be mine. You know what to do right?

*he nodded*

Nemu: he can be bought, and have better treatment than what he'd get here. More than that he'd be yours alone.

*She smiled as a brown haired man nodded*

???: he can be coaxed and fall into many ways. We can tame this fool. Commoners would want our life more than anything back home. This one is no different.

*she nodded*

Luan: exactly older brother Tama.

*a woman scoffed and shook her head*

???: sister what of the other servant? the last one you took interest in?

*she blinked and shook her head*

Luan: I dont remember having want Lurnezal.

*she nodded*

Lurnezal: oh I see.. then ill get you some space cleared. No one wants old toys.

*She nodded as a young girl shook her head and picked at her food*

???: ill admit he is impressive in fighting. but he sounds like he would be annoying. big sister! he isnt mean is he?

*she smiled looking to her*

Luan: he will be fine, he will be whatever we want him to be sister Tilla. He cant refuse or resist. He would want to be mine when were done persuading him. Please older sister find him and you too older brother! we you can leave this boring place.

*Nemu and Lurnezal stood up and nodded*

Nemu: of course. No one can resist money.

*she smiled and nodded*

Lurnezal: and who could resist me? ill have him coming back to you by the nights end dear sister.

*Tilla looked to them*

Tilla: if anyone asks you are asleep in your rooms.

*they nodded and moved to leave the party as Luan smiled*

Luan: hehehe once this boring party is over ill have me a new toy! this is gonna be great! im giddy already!

(* while the festivities continued in the ball room, Ellia Lania Reim and Vira were in one room with the door locked and discussed the fight. Their was relief in the air but also a slowly building tension* )

*Ellia sighed and brushed her hair in front of her mirror softly*

Ellia: i guess no one was in the mood for a party either?

*Lania sighed and shook her head*

Lania: I am too tired to party.. besides its too stuffy. Heroes never show up to their own party! its what we do!

*Reim smirked*

Reim: I agree.. for the most part. Its really a party for them anyhow. Not like it matters how the battle went as long as they get to show off.

*Vira looked to her*

Vira: you mean our family right? Peh, reminds me of my birthday parties. They were all so busy on showing off it wasnt even feeling like mine.

*Lania smiled*

Lania: you always had the best parties because your dad got the biggest cakes! It was as tall as Mount Hakurei in Shoenen Yashi.

*Vira shook her head*

Vira: that cake was mostly frosting.. it was also a terrible taste. No one asked me what kind I wanted.

*Ellia looked to her*

Ellia: its good we came together then, we had our own parties and made our own cake!

*Lania nodded*

Lania: I remember those days! we always made a cake for each other mixed with our favorite kinds.

*Vira smiled*

Vira: that was fun, but you always threw in too much strawberry icing. Too much is bad for you Lania.

*She shook her head*

Lania: nu uh! it makes me sweeter!

*Vira blinked*

Vira: where did you hear that? aww never mind.

*Reim sighed*

Reim: well im glad we agree then that we throw the best parties. Still im sure there are people planning to do something. Everyone who wasnt hurt showed up there after all.

*Ellia blinked and paused combing her hair*

Ellia: what do you mean Reim?

*She looked to her*

Reim: you didnt think that they would just be chest puffers there did you? The finalists are all there too. Remember that Luan and Itaria are both there.

*Ellia blinked*

Ellia: I forgot about them! do you really think they would try something at a time like this? Igar was exhausted after the fight with Uvel! hes asleep right now in the room next to us.

*Reim nodded*

Reim: that makes him a prime target for Itaria's minions and Luans creepy siblings!

*Lania shivered*

Lania: ooh! attacking the hero while hes asleep is just like the villans!

*Vira waved her hand*

Vira: I dont think anyone would try that. Remember hes your fathers key to winning the Elegant Royale Ellia. 

*she shivered and shook her head*

Ellia: my father would look the other way if someone did something he didn't like though.. and um.. Igar did challenge him by saying he'd marry me...

*she blushed red*

Ellia: or so I heard... I was too umm busy fighting the battle..

*Lania smiled*

Lania: he swooped in to challenge the king and take his fair maiden like a knight and declared his love for you all in the room!

*she blushed beet red and hid her face as Vira shook her head*

Vira: thats not what he said! I bet he was caught up in the tension!

*they looked to her as she blinked and turned away blushing*

Vira: d-dont look at me! I mean he would probably say anything when he was mad!

*the room fell quiet as Reim then broke the awkwardness between them*

Reim: despite that.. if your father really is as underhanded as you say.. then we may have to take it upon ourselves to defend him.

*Lania nodded*

Lania: the hero will always need his friends to help!

*Ellia sighed*

Ellia: still.. Igar was.. did you see how he was when he left to his room? almost as if he was ready to attack anyone.

*Vira nodded*

Vira: I saw that.. he was on edge the whole way there.. I doubt he'd sleep in his room anyhow..

*Ellia blinked*

Ellia: wait a moment.. since when does he sleep in his room?..

*they looked to her*

Reim: what are you saying? he has to sleep somewhere.

*Ellia smiled and looked to them*

Ellia: hes not in his room. Hes at... well somewhere only I know!

*Vira blinked*

Vira: huh? how can you be so sure.. wait somewhere only you know?! what have you two been up to?

*Ellia blinked*

Ellia: nothing! he just wanted some place for himself! but still its my own secret! you know... huh?

*a noise was heard from beside the room. Reim looked to them and moved to the door opening it slowly and peeking out. Outside the room a butler was guarding the door as two people were talking to him. She blinked noticing them from Luan's group and looked to Ellia and the girls*

Reim: its them! Luans group.. well two of them. I think their having it out with Nabak.

*Ellia blinked*

Ellia: what? let me see.

*she moved to the door along with Lania and Vira. they jumbled together and peeked out the room listening in on the conversation*

???: surly you jest butler! what do you mean I cannot speak with him!? do you know who we are?

*a tall black haired young butler nodded*

Nabak: yes I know you are Lady Lurnezal and Lord Tama of the house Tiade however master Igar is sleeping and exhausted from the battle. ive been instructed to make sure he sleeps in peace.

*she growled as Tama walked in front and pulled out a stack of bills*

Tama: oh come now butler, cant you look the other way? we wernt even here now were we?

*He closed his eyes and sighed*

Nabak: ahem.. lord Tama please I ask you could you not try to bribe me so simply? I am not one with false loyalties, and Duke Tolhms words are not to be trifled with.

*they blinked and looked to him*

Lurnezal: Duke Tolhm told you to guard him? strange, id think he wouldn't care for the boy.

*Nabak nodded and calmly looked to them*

Nabak: his words were "keep guard of our prized horse. We cant let him be tainted or stolen by competitors".

*she growled furiously*

Lurnezal: what?! and just what does that imply!?

*Tama shook his head*

Tama: you think were underhanded? we are merely flaunting our rights as royalty and wanting to share our gifts to him.

*Nabak shook his head*

Nabak: I am sorry.. but ill be punished if I let you through.. and I believe Duke Tolhms punishment would be more dangerous to overlook for cash or anything else..

*the two seemed to get annoyed as a group of four women walked through the hall armed with spears and approached the door. Reim and the others blinked*

Reim: its... the Valkyries! Them too?

*Nabak looked as they moved around the siblings*

Nabak: to what do I owe.. the pleasure ladys of House Naiel.

*Nivel looked to him*

Nivel: move aside butler. I wish to train with the champion.

*Nabak blinked and shook his head*

Nabak: im sorry but he is in no condition to..

*she rose her spear to his neck*

Nivel: all the more reason to.. now move aside! I will not tell you a third time.

*He sighed and nodded*

Nabak: as you wish.. I cannot stop you if you use force.. however these incidents will be reported.. be prepared for the punishment.

*Tama smirked*

Tama: im sure the whipping boys will be busy then.

*he moved aside as Nivel opened the door and rushed in with the other girls. She blinked noticing the room was empty*

Nivel: what sort of trick is this?! do you take us for a fool? he is not here!?

*the twins blinked as they moved in and looked around*

Lurnezal: he.. really isnt! what is going on here!?

*Nabak blinked and shook his head*

Nabak: he must have snuck out my lords.. my ahem.. apologies..

*Nivel growled moving toward him*

Nivel: then you better find him!

*Nabak shook his head*

Nabak: I assure you I would however I wouldn't know where to start.. lady Ellia may.. 

*she looked to him*

Nivel: oh? she would? fine. We will ask her!

*they walked to the next room as Reim quickly closed the door and locked it then the group fell over on top of each other moving from the door in a panic a bit*

Reim: gah.. we gotta get out of here.. Nivel isnt a merciful woman..

*Ellia blinked*

Ellia: their acting like a bunch of wolves.. and if they get to us.. they may bite.

*Lania smirked*

Lania: im not afraid of them! ill crush them like Yashuo jin of Jintagu Warrior!

*Vira nodded*

Vira: ill gladly fight them. Ive always wanted to take down those flimsy house pets of Itaria.

*Reim shook her head*

Reim: hold on! think this through! we still have a bit of bruises from the fight before and no ones gonna make it before they do more damage. Think! how are we gonna help Igar if we are too hurt to fight in the finalists round?

*The group fell silent and nodded*

Ellia: you are right.. but how are we gonna get out of this room?

*a bang at the door was heard as they pulled away*

Nivel : Ellia Rosarade! you know where Igar is! open up! we wanna "talk" to him!

*She blinked looking around then moved to the window and opened it up*

Ellia: here! we just have to jump out.

*they blinked as Reim shook her head*

Reim: huh? wait hold on.. were gonna jump? but..

*Lania looked to Reim*

Lania: its not tall! Igar did it remember? and hes not around to see your boring panties if you jump!

*Reim blushed and growled*

Reim: excuse me!? Lania you little!

*Lania smirked*

Lania: ooh you are mad? hah come and get me! wee!

*She hopped out the window as Vira blinked and shrugged*

Vira: she got you there.. I mean grey is so simple Reim...

*Reim hissed at Vira as she yelped and hopped out the window. Ellia moved to the window and looked to her*

Ellia: come on Reim, its not as tall as it seems and its perfectly normal to have grey..

*she grew madder as she glared to Ellia. Ellia shivered and hopped out the window. The door began to crack a bit as Nivel banged on it harder. Reim shivered and sighed then hopped out the window along with them. as they left the door flung open and Nivel growled looking around*

Nivel: no ones here.. gahhh!

*Ellia looked to the group as she waved her hand and they followed her across the yard quietly moving to a maze of hedges west*

Ellia: inside this maze is my own little spot we can hide out here for the time being.. but dont tell anyone!

*they nodded as she led them through the maze. deep into the winding maze in the middle was a small box like home where snoring was heard inside. they looked to him surprised a bit and calmly spoke*

Lania: hes sleeping... and snoring. wow.. hes like a child.

*Vira smiled a bit*

Vira: he looks so cute.. ive never really seen someone sleep so comfortably.

*Reim smiled looking to him*

Reim: hes sleeping.. in a box home.. thats so.. simple.

*Ellia looked to them*

Ellia: he told me that he wouldn't sleep anywhere else ask for this spot.. he chose it himself..

*Reim looked around*

Reim: this maze looks untrimmed. does anyone even come here?

*Ellia shook her head*

Ellia: this used to be my home away from home. Not many people come here too and well after a while father and mother decided to look to more improvements on the house.

*Vira sighed*

Vira: kinda looks like my yard.. huh? hey Lania what are you doing?!

*she pulled Igars cheek smiling and giggling then looked to them*

Lania: have you ever just pulled his cheek? its so stretchy! I cant stop hehehee.

*Ellia shook her head*

Ellia: stop that! what are you.. hey Vira!

*she began to poke his other cheek*

Vira: their puffy like a chipmunk.. he must be tired hes not waking up from this.

*Ellia waved her hands*

Ellia: dont wake him up! come on.

*Reim sighed and sat next to them*

Reim: hes still something.. ive never seen anyone look so frail and strong.

*Ellia sighed*

Ellia: Reim hes unique but.. gah!

*Lania suddenly fell asleep next to him as she looked*

Ellia: wake her up! she cant just sleep over there..

*Vira blinked*

Vira: dont be so overprotective.. wernt we gonna sleep when we were done talking about the battle?.. man.. now im tired..

*she laid back next to Lania and got comfortable*

Vira: its actually quite comfortable out here.. reminds me of a time we slept together in training.

*Reim blinked and laid down next to Igar and the others*

Reim: you remember that? that was like when we were twelve.

*Ellia looked to them all huddled up together with Igar sleeping in the middle then sighed*

Ellia: fine.. fine.. your all so weird.. but then again.. just reminds me why I am glad your my friends.

*she laid next to Igar with the others as they laid comfortable*

Ellia: im glad we all met back then. We got through that together.. and we are all close now.

*Reim sighed and nodded*

Reim:I didnt expect to be friends with you weirdos.

*Vira frowned*

Vira: im not weird. besides you never had friends in school.

*Reim looked to her*

Reim: thats because I didnt want any just for being richer. Besides you were too tough for the girls in school.

*She blinked*

Vira: ..I tried being nice.. they kept on being simple..

*Ellia smiled*

Ellia: they were different. They were all so absorbed into popularity and having this and that..

*Reim nodded*

Reim: the next new fragrance the next new shoes and fancy clothes. Boys this and that.. it was just so simple for me.

*Vira smirked*

Vira: you always were stuck in the computer rooms. Doing who knows what. I couldn't hardly understand you the first time we met.

*Reim shook her head*

Reim: I remember you asked if their was any free computers so you could smash them.

*Ellia nodded*

Ellia: I remember that! I was walking down the hall way and you two were fighting about the "importance of property."

*Reim nodded*

Reim: it was important! tethering strings to a computer and using it as a punching bag. Come on!

*Vira shook her head*

Vira: I only wanted the ones that didnt work. Was that so bad?

*Reim growled*

Reim: if Ellia hadn't asked me to find the main office with you, we would have argued all day.

*Ellia laughed smiling*

Ellia: hehehe it was a few feet down the hallway too.

*Vira smiled*

Vira: when we got there Lania had tore the place up looking for her manga books.

*Reim smirked laughing a bit*

Reim: the place was a mess. Ellia nearly freaked out.

*Vira laughed*

Vira: we all had to clean it up too. We got blamed for her mess.

*they looked to the sleeping Lania*

Ellia: yeah.. she had more friends than all of us but she was more happier with her manga.

*Reim nodded*

Reim: we helped her find it and she nearly flipped out. After that she kinda stuck with us. I wonder why. Couldn't have just been because we helped and she didnt seem too guilty that she messed up the office.

*Ellia nodded*

Ellia: she told me that "Kindred spirits will meet under a righteous banner". Make sense anyone?

*Vira shook her head*

Vira: you got me she always did seem to be in her own world as well.

*Reim nodded*

Reim: It took me a while but I guess her righteous reasons were finding the book. Little did we know we all had similar tastes in things and distaste.

*Vira sighed*

Vira: we were all weird to every other person..

*they sighed staring to the night sky*

Ellia: I wonder if Igar is just as weird.

*Vira smirked*

Vira: I think thats already proven..

*Reim nodded*

Reim: he might be the weirdest of us all.

*they laughed a bit and seemed to relax more as Ellia yawned a bit*

Ellia: I feel like I could sleep like this.. the team of kindred spirits together..

*Reim blinked*

Reim: that has a nice ring to it.. Kindred Spirits.

*Vira smiled*

Vira: hmm... Kindred spirits huh.. its good.. mmm...

*she started to doze off along with Reim and finally Ellia*

Ellia: I hope we can all just be kindred spirits together forever..


*the group seemed to fall asleep silently in peace together under the stars*




© 2015 CzatoftheMoon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on July 7, 2015
Last Updated on September 22, 2015
Tags: Fantasy, Shonein, action, adventure


Author

CzatoftheMoon
CzatoftheMoon

Winnie , TX



About
I am a writer of fanfiction and anime type storys but I could probobly write about anything I wanted. Dont expect much from me folks I dont think im any good at writing. more..

Writing