Dire Heat Wave

Dire Heat Wave

A Chapter by Mystic_Angel

Heat and Cold have been coming and going these last few weeks. Its almost February and the temperature has been rising and falling with global warming and the winter storms hitting the U.S. 
"What am I going to do?" I ask myself.
I go downstairs and look at the weather another winter storm when its 72 degrees. 
"What kind of sense are those two making? They have to stop fighting." 
"Who's fighting?" My mom asks. My mom was a beautiful woman she had dark brown hair and honey eyes.
"Oh nobody, mom" 
"Is it going to be another hot one?"
:It seems so."
"I hope it cools down. i can't take much heat." 
Mom passed out during a heat wave last week because she didn't drink enough water.
When I went back up to my room after I took my shower and it was nighttime, and for some reason Heat loves showing up then.Heat taps on my window and smiles. I let him in.
"You were here all day Heat, go to the other side of the world now."
"Aww why don't you like seeing me babe?" He asks innocently 
"Because you almost killed my mom!" I yell
"No i didn't I would never hurt your mother." 
Well then why did my mom pass out last week because it was oh I don't know 90 degrees in January!" 
"Oh Serenity I'm sorry I didn't want anything to happen." 
I sigh and went down the hall to get a ice-cream bar when I find my mom laying down on the couch. 
I shake her.She doesn't wake. "mom" I call.
Heat comes down. "mom" I shake her more. I shake her violently. "Mom!" I yell. I check her pulse she isn't breathing and I instantly panic.
"OMG! MOM WAKE UP!" I yell as I run to the phone and dial 911. 
"I need a ambulance quick, please my mom isn't breathing!"
The ambulance get there almost at the next second but it feels like forever while I try to do CPR on my mom.Heat is just standing there staring and perhaps with fear. When heat is afraid the temperature rises.My breathing is starting to slow down and I pass out.
I open my eyes and see white and hear beeping sounds.I see two men above me.
"Serenity!" I hear someone call my name.
"Doctor she is awake."
I hear a new voice. "Serenity can you hear me?"
I nod. "Will she be OK Doctor?" I heard a old voice ask. 
I try to sit up but someones hands stopped me, it was Iris.
"Serenity there's something we need to tell you."
I look around the room and see Heat,Iris and who I'm guessing is the Doctor.
"What is it?" I ask.
"Your mom she"
"My mom what happened did the ambulance get to her?"
"Yea but," She stops and a tear runs down her eye."by the time they got there it was too late she... she had already died of another heat stroke."


© 2013 Mystic_Angel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh I remember reading this chapter. It's so sad what happens to her mom. :c

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

276 Views
1 Review
Added on January 29, 2013
Last Updated on January 29, 2013


Author

Mystic_Angel
Mystic_Angel

Natchez, MS



About
I have been writing random fan-fiction for anime/manga for over a year, I even tried making a few original ones. Now I want to branch out and try new things like poetry and short stories. I enjoy watc.. more..

Writing
Free Free

A Story by Mystic_Angel