Chapter 2 Sera had shot gun

Chapter 2 Sera had shot gun

A Chapter by Messy Jessy
"

Gossip, rumors, and boys was all Michaela and Sera Leon ever talked about. If there was something going around, they were sure to be the first to know about it, and let everyone else know too.

"

Chapter 2

Sera

Michaela and I were sitting in the front of Debbie’s old truck. The truck had multiple names and codenames. Debbie called it her baby, but we called it the moving dump or just dump for short. It was trash and until I could get a new car from my daddy, I have to ride around in this until then. Michaela was driving, which in my opinion was the worst possible choice since she barely passed her driver’s exam. It took us a while to exit the maze of cars the school called parking lot. Once we were on the road and we were sure the Dorks in the back couldn’t hear us, we began to gossip, like usual.

“Did you hear about the Keleb and Veronica break up? I heard it was pretty bad,” Michaela said. Veronica and Keleb were the perfect pair. They did everything together and were inseparable. I couldn’t believe they would just end it.

“No, what happened?”

“Well from my source, Jonny was involved.”

“Jonny? What did he do?” But I had a fairly good idea on how it happened. Jonny was a player. He could get any girl he wanted. To him it didn’t matter if you were taken or not. Same concept goes for his buddies; Rick, Jerry, Leo, Patrick and James. The six of them were the bad boys of the school. Everyone wanted to be with them, including Mich and I.

“Well, it happened in Physics. Jonny asked Veronica for a pencil and she gave it to him. After class he gave it back but also gave her his phone number. Ashley said he said something along the lines of ‘Hey baby, you look like you could use a break. How about dinner at Michi Michi tonight?’ And then she said yes!”

“Is she going to eat dinner with him?”

“Yes, it already happened. It happened yesterday and apparently they hit it off so well she went over to his house to spend the night.”

“Oh my God. Did they….”

“I don’t know, but rumor says yes, and that’s why Keleb broke it off. She claimed nothing happened, but everyone can tell when she lies.”

“What about Jonny?”

“What about him? He doesn’t care. He got what he wanted and dropped her like a hot potato.”

“That’s horrible! What a jerk move.”

“You can say that again.”

“Talking about his group, did you hear about what Rick and Jerry did last weekend. They went to some college frat party and got totally drunk.” I quickly remembered what Julia told me during our AP Spanish class.

“Oh god what did they do?”

“They did a whole lot of stuff, but the worst was when the two of them started to fight til the death.”

“WHAT?” Mich quickly hit the brakes and my whole body launched forward. I was lucky to be wearing Debbie’s old rotting seatbelts or else I would be on the concrete ground acting like road kill. Everyone in the back started complaining. Mich looked through the little window at the rest of our group. “Sorry, I thought I saw something,” she started the car again, but her mouth hung open in disbelief as I told her about it.

“Rick was said to have grabbed a long curtain rode and started smacking Jerry. Jerry wasn’t stupid and grabbed small objects, including kitchen knives, and threw them at Rick. They both surprisingly didn’t end up hurt, but the on lookers weren’t as fortunate. Someone almost died and had to go to the ER.”

“Wow. That’s just… wow. I hope nothing like that happens at Marry’s party.”

“Oh, yah she has a party coming up doesn’t she. I hope she has a themed party.”

“Yes, like a Christmas themed one, I’d love to make Christian Raeford my personal Santa Claus.”

“That’s disgusting. He may be the all star quarterback of the school, but he’s dumber than a dog.”

“Yah, but he is a good kisser and a killer bod.”

“Oh Michaela,” I shook my head in disappointment. I was about to say something else when Debbie stuck her head through the window almost giving both of us heart attacks.

“Hey you two, can you drive a little faster, seriously, my truck is old, but it can go faster than thirty miles per hour. Try doubling it please.” She left us and Mich snickered.

The rest of the ride we exhausted the topics of clothes, shoes, make up, and even prom, which was a long way away. In additional we were only sophomores so there was no way were going to it anyway, but a girl can wish. It wasn’t until long that we came to the San Francisco Famous shopping mall. We all piled out of the car and went in, heading for the small café we usually sat at.

Today there was a huge surprise waiting for us, and I wasn’t even sure if it was a good one or bad. Jonny and his group of bad boys were sitting at our usual table with Katy! Yes ladies and gentlemen you have heard me correctly. Katy was sitting with the bad boys! I thought I was seeing things before Debbie smiled and called out to them. Leo, Jonny, Rick and Jerry grinned when they saw her. I don’t know why, there’s nothing special about Debbie.

“Hey guys,” Debbie said and took a seat at the table next to them. Katy got up and sat next to her, and the rest of us followed suit. “So what brings you lot here?” Who says lot anymore?

“Just you, been waiting for a while for the beautiful Debbie to show up. Isn’t that right boys?” Jonny said with a smirk.

“Don’t think of yourself as so high and mighty, you might just fall one day when you least expect it,” Debbie tilted her head and batted her eyes innocently, but she was fooling no one.

“Was that a threat I just heard from the black queen?” the bad boys snickered.

“Nope, just a warning,” Debbie grinned and winked at Jonny. “Hey Katy,” she turned to talk to Katy. I was surprised she even knew who that girl was. She was the most unpopular girl of all Silver Creek. No one ever talked to Katy unless they wanted her to do their homework or be their partner for some academic group work. Why was Debbie talking to her? Actually the real question was why was she here to begin with?

“Hi Deb,” she smiled and put her book away. I winced. Debbie hated it when people called her Deb. It sounded too much like dept. And let me tell you there is no dept to Debbie; she was just too shallow.

“Did you hear about the fight?” Debbie’s smile quickly grew. What fight? I tried my hardest to listen in as she described some physical conflict that took place during fourth period. I could barely hear them over the sounds of Jonny and his dumbass gang of goofs.

“Damn! You’re from Alabama?” Rick’s loud voice boomed. Marry was sitting right in between him and Jonny and she could clearly hear him even if he whispered. But this was Rick; he never did anything in silence or secrecy. I would bet my 20 dollar bill that everyone in the mall could over hear his conversation.

“Yah,” Marry sounded like a dorm mouse compared to Rick. “This is my first day.” She looked over at Jonny with googley eyes. It looks like someone was crushing on the baddess bad boy of Silver Creek.

“Wow, that’s amazing,” Rich shouted.

“Yah bru that totally blows my mind,” Patrick muttered. He must have been high or something, but then again, he was always high on something.

“So do you speak Alabamaneese?” James asked scratching his head. I know for sure this guy was high.

“Um no?” Marry asked more than said. She moved away from Patrick and James who were leaning toward her.

“Of course she doesn’t you dumbasses, she speaks English just like every other person in America,” Rick smacked the back of their heads.

Katy stopped her conversation to look at Rick. “You mean every other person in the United States of America.”

“No, I meant what I said,” Rick spat. “Canadians, Portoricans, and Mexicans can speak English.”

“Not all of them, they speak Hispanic and French mostly.”

“That’s why I said every other person, indicating not everyone, but most. Duh, I’m not stupid!” Jerry covered his mouth but I could see that huge grin on his face. Katy scowled but went back to her very interesting conversation with Debbie, her new best friend.

“So anyway, back to you my darling,” he looked at Marry, but mostly her cleavage.

“Do you have a boyfriend?” Jonny cut in. I snorted and Michaela bursted out laughing.

“Like that ever stopped,” she sneered. Marry looked uncomfortable and possibly on the verge of fainting. I was starting to feel bad for her. Poor thing.

“Shut up Michaela. Unlike you, Marry happens to be beautiful, kind and comes from Alabama. I bet she has boys already lining up for her,” Jerry said rubbing his chin. Jonny ignored both of them and only looked at Marry. Their eyes looked like they were staring into each other’s souls. I don’t know how Marry did it since Jonny doesn’t have a soul.

“Do you?” Jonny asked Marry and his eyebrows rose innocently. Don’t kid yourself, Jonny was anything but innocent.

“Yes, I mean no, I don’t have a boyfriend,” she stuttered which caused Rick to snicker. Jonny smacked him.

“Hmmm, a girl as pretty as you having no boyfriend, that’s interesting.”

“I just got here,” she said in defense.

“That’s true,” Jonny got up and reached his hand out for Marry to take. She took it and he pulled her up off her chair. “In that case want to walk with me and hear what I have to propose for this situation?” I didn’t even know he had that big of a vocabulary to use propose and situation all in one sentence.

“S-sure.” The two of them left and right when they rounded the corner into a clothes store the bad boys started laughing their asses off, snorting like pigs in the process.

“Wow he’s going to bang her for sure!” Patrick screeched.

Debbie stopped her conversation and turned over to Patrick. “Who’s going to bang who?”

“Jonny and that new chick,” Patrick grinned micheaviously. I thought he was high then, now he’s just off the charts.

Rick, Jerry, and Leo looked at each other before shrugging and going back to their drinks. They shared a knowing look that only the three of them knew, Patrick and James were obviously not included.

“That won’t happen. Jonny waste his reputation on her,” Debbie said nonchalantly.

“Right, that’s what you think. Then you when you get thirsty you can come running to him, isn’t that right miss black queen?” Leo sneered.

“Oh is someone salty because Jonny tastes better?” Debbie asked licking her lips. My jaw dropped. WTF is going on here?!? I knew Debbie wasn’t innocent, but I would have never thought that she would do it with Jonny. Now that the image was branded into my mind I can’t think of anything else and now I’m gonna barf. But I didn’t barf because Henry beat me to it.

Rubbing the flavored spit off his mouth he looked over at Debbie. “You did it with him?”

Debbie tilted her head to the right and one eyebrow rose. “Did what?”

“Omg I can’t take this anymore. Debra Dickenson had sex with Jonny whatever his last name is,” Michaela practically screamed. The waiter came over and helped Henry clean up his mess. She happened to be also a student at Silver Creek and looked over at Debbie.

Leo, Jerry and Rick’s faces became pale. Katy shook her head in disbelief.

“No. Why would I do something as stupid as that? I’m not as dumb as you may think. I’ve got standards honey. And he doesn’t even cover half of them.” Debbie grabbed a napkin and dipped it into her water. She went over to Henry and helped him get clean. “You should probably go into the restroom.”

“Yah thanks,” Henry said blushing like the moron he was.

“Yah, of course you have standards… and I, Cas, Cat, and Leo over here will never know because you constantly make a huge secret out of it,” Katy said staring straight at Debbie. Debbie looked away also blushing.

“Nah, I believe I know the standard, just don’t know who could cover it…” Leo said also staring at her. Rick smacked him in the head.

“Dumbass, she probably doesn’t want you to know about him, otherwise she’d come right out and �"“that’s when realization hit him. It also wasn’t just a small tab on the back; no this looked more like Miley Cyrus’ wrecking ball smashing through a glass house. He blinked a few times and doubled over, absorbing the shock. After what felt like an hour he got up, looked her in the eye and smiled. “Well, now I know why you’re so protective over that place. That would explain a whole lot.”

“It took you long enough. I thought I was the only one who would figure it out,” Jerry said without much sarcasm. He looked bored of the conversation and started to tell Patrick and James about this new drug that could make you feel like you were flying. Donald who had been silent this whole time was staring at his phone conflicted between something important on his dumb video game. Crystal came back from shopping for the perfect pair of sandals just as Henry got up to leave for the bathroom.

Crystal wrinkled her nose in disgust. “Why does it smell so weird here?”

“Henry puked on that chair,” Leo said calmly, but his eyes told a different story. He cautiously looked from Katy to Debbie. Something was obviously going on.

“Ew,” Crystal got up and sat in a different chair but that chair was also a victim of Henry’s vomit.

“I still think they had sex,” Michaela whispered into my ear. I nodded in agreement, but felt like there was something else that was going on as well. That something wasn’t right at all.

“Katy, can I talk to you about something,” Leo said and quickly left with Katy out of the café.

“If Katy weren’t such a looser, I wouldn’t be surprised if they did it too,” Michaela said, still whispering. She quickly took a few pictures and posted it onto her blog. This blog consisted of all the latest juicy gossip going on at Silver Creek. Almost everyone knew about it and loved it, but only if they weren’t the hot topic.

“Yah, so true.”

“And Debbie, yup, she’s gonna be the main debate on today’s blog.”

“What are you going to write about?”

“The header will be; is Debbie really all that innocent? And underneath it I’ll write Did Jonny whatever his last name is take away the most sacred thing for a girl and when? Does that sound interesting or what?”

“Nah I would have put something else. Is Jonny really all that innocent? Did Debbie take away the only thing that made him human? Now that’s something I would write,” we both spun around to see who said that. Our jaws almost hit the ground when we saw Jonny. He held three bags in one hand and four in the other, to his right side was Marry ready to pass out from his hotness.

“Wha?” was all we could saw before he moved on to talk to his friends.

“Hey Jonny,” Debbie said bitterly.

“Woah, did you just hear that?” I whispered to Michaela, but she was way ahead of me, she was recording the whole thing.

“Ah, Debbie, nice to see you haven’t changed in the five minute period that I was gone. And how is your arm doing? I forgot to ask since I was distracted,” he nodded toward Marry. I thought you couldn’t blush while you’re blushing, but Marry proved me wrong.

“Yes, it’s doing fine, thanks for asking. How is your sternocleidomastoid doing?”

“It feels great, more like a massage than a whip lash.”

“Oh that’s good to hear. Next time, I’ll aim a little lower.” Her teeth were grinding together and his fists were clenched. They looked like they were ready to throw punches at each other.

“Yes, but that’ll have to wait till later,” Donald said getting up. His voice was deeper and laced with concern. “Like hopefully next year later.”

“Fine, next time I’ll win quicker,” Jonny took the seat furthest away from Debbie.

“Pah, next time I’ll win! You’ll see.” Debbie snickered.

“Of course my queen,” he bowed his head in a mocking gesture.

“Be prepared my guard dog,” Debbie snarled and barked. Yes, that’s right she actually barked at him. Donald sighed and sat back down. Leo and Katy came back in. Leo looked uneasy, for lack of a better word. Katy sat down next to Debbie and began talking to her again.

“Dude, you look like you’ve seen a ghost. What did that chick do to you?”

“Dude, you seriously don’t want to know. If you have seen Hell, then just imagine it ten times worse,” Leo told James. His eyes rested on Katy for a minute. He shivered and looked away.

“Well I’ve never seen Hell, unless you’re talking about Mr. Smith’s class.” James was the only one who laughed. Leo looked down at the table and inspected a splinter of wood.

“Yah, I guess.”

“Mich, did you get that? I think they are anything but lovers.” I meant Jonny and Debbie.

“I know that. But what if they were and now they hate each other. This would explain a whole lot. Plus, I need something exciting like this on my iBLOG.”

“Okay, but…” before I could finish my sentence her phone went off. It was a loud beep that indicated she had a new message.

She quickly checked her messaging ap.

000-000-0000: Instead of putting something that could both jeopardize you and I, maybe you should consider putting something else on your iBLOG.

Michaela: Who are you and what are you talking about?

000-000-0000: Jonny, who do you think? I think you should put something on that marvelous blog of yours to get rid of Debbie for good.

Michaela: What do you mean?

000-000-0000 (Jonny) : Seriously. Is Sera the smart one in your little partnership? I’m talking about exposing her in front of the whole school.

Michaela’s face got bright red when she read the smart one. Of course I was the smart one, but Jonny didn’t have to go telling Michaela about it. It was a sour subject. She quickly tapped a quick and snappy response.

Michaela: Fine. But what’s in it for me or even you. I thought you two were friends.

Jonny: Anything that harms her benefits me. You see, she and I have a love �" hate relationship going on. For you, well, if it isn’t obvious, you get to have some really juicy gossip on your little blog. Your status in school will increase tremendously.

Again, tremendously, I didn’t even know he knew that word until he used it, but why in a text?

Michaela: Sure, sure, love �" hate relationship. It’s only because you don’t want anyone to know about how you and Debbie used to be an item.

Jonny: Ha, yes, you are indeed the smart one. I can’t believe I ever doubted it.

I frowned, but Michaela was smiling. She had that gleam in her eye. The kind that told me to instantly back away slowly and get out of this mess before it began. But what kind of person would I be if I didn’t do this. Yah that’s right, I wouldn’t be considered Sera Leon.

Jonny looked up from his phone and shared a look with us, then quickly started talking with his buddies again. This was a new side of Jonny that I had no idea he had. I actually liked this side. It was far better than the drunken a*****e I thought I knew all my life.

We finished our drinks which I hadn’t even realized we had ordered. The next thing I knew, Marry was blabbing on and on about her upcoming party.

“I was thinking about having a Christmas theme, since Christmas is coming up and all.”

“Omg that sounds sooo cool!” Crystal screamed. Why was she fangirling over a party?

“That sounds perfect,” Debbie said.

“Of course it does because it’s something you didn’t come up with,” he sneered.

“You mean like the time I came up with the great escape route in Northern China? Yah that was perfect.”

“That was years ago, and Katy helped you out. Plus that was only a video game, dumbass.”

“Without it we wouldn’t have gone to the next level.

“As if, we could have totally gotten rid of the Mongols, but no, you decided to run.”

“Don’t blame me, its part of my sympathetic nervous system.”

“WTF! Is a sympathetic nervous system?”

“Fight or flight. Ever heard about that? Probably not because the only thing going through your little walnut sized brain is status, drugs, and girls, in that order precisely.”

“Pah, that’s not the only thing going through my brain.”

“Oh yah I forgot. Acting like a dumbass 24/7 must use most of your neurons.”

“Uh… well… at least I would fight instead of flight like a chicken.”

“It’s a video game you guys!” Katy and Leo shouted at the same time. They looked at each other shocked, as were the rest of us.

“Seriously Deb chill. There is no use in getting all worked up because of Jonny. He’s a dumbass by default,” Katy ran her hand through her hair, her glasses almost falling off in the process.

“That’s�"“ Jonny began but was cut off by Leo.

“Dude, don’t pick a fight with her now, duel it out later. Gosh I thought you guys took care of this during lunch and fourth period.”

“So back to the issues that actually matter; Debbie, Rick and Jerry, she wants to talk to you,” Donald said seriously. Wow, this was the first time I actually heard him become serious and he wasn’t talking about video games or cheesy movies.

“Lemme guess, she isn’t really happy with our progress?” Rick asked standing up. “Well, see you two s***s later.” He did that weird guy handshake thing with James and Patrick before following Debbie out of the café. Jerry winced but reluctantly got up and did the same as Rick.

“Katy,” Donald paused possibly for a dramatic affect or internally debating whether or not he should say the next part. “You have fifteen minutes, better get going.”

Katy quickly took off her glasses and stuffed them and her book into her bag. She smiled from ear to ear and looked ready to kiss Donald from joy. “Oh my God! Are you serious?”He winced, but nodded and pointed toward the door. A few seconds later Katy was gone.

“Marry, please tell us more about your interesting party plans,” Leo mussed.

“Oh, right. So I was thinking about it being this weekend. Michaela and Sera already texted everyone telling them about the party; so all I have to do is buy the supplies and set it up. Um… you guys won’t mind helping me, right?”

“Yah, of course we will help you,” Michaela said grinning. I looked over at her mortified. I can’t believe she just said that.

“Mich… I’m not sure I have time to…”

“Oh shut up Sera. Marry is obviously new and needs guidance to know what to do.”

“Omg are you serious! Thank you so much Michaela and Sera!” Marry jumped up off of her chair. She grabbed her wallet and the rest of us followed.

“Oh crap, the bill!” Someone said. It sounded kinda like Henry.

“Don’t worry, I’ve already got it covered,” someone else said. The voice was oddly familiar, and sounded like Debbie, but she wasn’t here, she left already a while ago. 



© 2016 Messy Jessy


Author's Note

Messy Jessy
Again, excuse my cussing and bad grammar. Enjoy reading it anyway.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on April 5, 2016
Last Updated on April 5, 2016


Author

Messy Jessy
Messy Jessy

HI



About
I'm not that good of a writer, but my ideas are kinda decent... at least that's what I hope. I love reading other books. They help me build my characters and set the scene easier. My favorite book hap.. more..

Writing