Chapter 1 The Day Marry Came

Chapter 1 The Day Marry Came

A Chapter by Messy Jessy
"

Marry came from Alabama to California. She had normal, average, typical friends, and now she had them. She never thought it would be possible, but now after hanging out with them, everything was.

"

Marry

My first day of school at Silver Creek was nothing like how I'd expect it to go. It wasn't bad, but it also wasn't fantastic.

I was sitting in the passenger seat of my dad's old Volvo, and my nerves were at the point where I was hyperventilating. I constantly told myself that I should be used to it by now, since I was a military child and we moved every three or so years. The thing was, I couldn't; I could not get used to always leaving my old friends behind and making new ones. It was 1, tiresome and 2, nerve racking, and that, my dear readers, is not a pleasant combination. 

"Marry, breathe," my dad chuckled. Unlike me, he loved moving. Honestly I think that's because his job is really amazing, unlike the school I'll be attending. "You'll probably have a whole lot of fun, trust me." What? Trust? As if. I'd never trust anyone who remarried every five years to a younger and better looking female. But of course I couldn't say that, so instead I just sighed. 

"Dad, I'm just a bit worried about the whole moving thing," not completely a lie, but also avoiding the subject. I looked out the window and frowned. The sky was blue and the sun was shining; perfect Californian weather, that's for sure. The rest of the long and dreadful drive was spent in silence. Finally my new school came into view. 

Silver Creek high was a big building, bigger than the small private dodea school I went to in Alabama. The entrance was huge and everything looked modern and new. My jaw dropped when i saw the large masses of people filing out of the yellow school buses. I had looked it up, and the website had told me there were more than a thousand people going, but I never expected a thousand people to be so many. There was no way I was going to remember people's names when there were so many. Oh gosh how I wished I could just be home schooled. I took a deep breath and practically jumped out of the car and slammed it shut. I didn't want to hear another one of my father's many lies, like 'I love you, have a great day.'

It wasn't until I was inside that I realized I had no idea where the main office was, or even where I was. I didn't have a schedule or map of the large campus. I wanted to stop, but the swarm of people behind me just kept pushing me forward. I started to  panic and my heart felt like it was ready to leap out of my rib cage. My vision blurred and I couldn't think straight. All I could process was all the hundreds of people pushing me towards their destination.

When I thought I would completely loose my cool, someone tapped me on the shoulder. I jumped a little before turning around to face one of the hottest teens to ever walk on the face of the earth. My jaw dropped and my eyes widened in astonishment. He had ruffled hazel brown hair that looked as if he just got out of bed. The white t-shirt under his black leather jacket highlighted his lean, but mean looking muscles. His dark blue jeans were ripped and the metal chain that was supposed to represent a belt hung sideways. But the best feature was that smirk plastered onto his face. Who was this god I, wondered.

"Have you seen this woman?" He held up a black and white picture of a middle aged woman with short straight hair with a small braid with two feathers attacked to the end on her left side. She was smiling and held a watermelon in one hand and a cellphone in the other. Around her neck was a small necklace with a locket shaped like a heart. The rest of her body was cut off from the picture. I shook my head and wondered if that was perhaps his sister or mother. Before I could ask, he walked on to the next person and asked the same thing, which also ended in a shaking head.

Before I could resume my panic attack, someone else came up to me. This time it was a girl. She looked like the type of girl I tried to stay away from during class periods. Her hair was put up into two short curly pig tails and her glasses looked like they had been broken and put back together using duck tape. The dark brown almost black color of her eyes caused them to look unnatural, like she was wearing contacts. But who in their right mind would want to buy that ugly color of contact color. She stuck out a sweaty hand toward me. I winced, there was no way I was going to shake her disgusting hand.

“Hi, I’m Katy, and you must be the new girl who came from Alabama. I was so excited to meet you last night that I almost couldn’t sleep. You’re name is Marry right? I’ve got your schedule right here and a map of the school just in case you get lost. We wouldn’t want that happening, now would we?” She laughed and it sounded like a dying pig’s snort.

“Yes, how thoughtful,” I didn’t know what else to say. I just wanted to get away from her as fast as possible, but she had my schedule and a map of the whole school. I was already basically lost and she had the solution to that problem.
            “I know I am very thoughtful, but some people just don’t seem to appreciate it. Anyway, your first class is Algebra two, wow, and you’re still a freshman taking that course. That’s amazing!”

I snickered; I knew that I was pretty smart. Actually, I’m pretty and smart, unlike her.
            “Algebra will be with Mrs. Johanna, she can be boring at times, but she has a good heart. Her room is 235. I circled all your classes on A day with a pink highlighter and B with a yellow one.” Finally she handed me the map. It was sadly a hand drawing and a really bad one at it too. I sighed. There was no way I was going to get used to being here.

Katy rambled on and on about this and that. I zoned her out after a while. Unfortunate for me, we had Algebra together and there I had to listen to her ramble on and on some more. She introduced me to some of her nerdy friends even though I’d much rather go chill in the back of the class with the rich popular kids who found the math to boring. At the end of the class I was so exhausted from Katy I decided to take matters into my own hands.

“Thank you so much for showing me around Katy, but I think I can find my way around from here.” I gave her a quick nod and was about to leave the class room, but she stopped me. Her sweaty hands grasped my new H&M t-shirt that I got from France. I grinded my teeth together and balled my fists together.

“Oh Marry, I forgot to show you where all your classes are though.”

“No, I think I can find them all by myself now that I have this great map to lead the way.” I tried my hardest to smile, but she was still holding onto my shirt with her icky hands.

“Oh that’s great, but I feel like I should show you the way by myself.”

“No, no, please it’s fine, you probably have a lot to talk about with your friends, I’ll be going to…” I look down at my schedule and see that I have biology next. “…biology with Mr. Krauser. I’ll be fine.”

“Ok, if you say so. But if you need help or get lost, my phone number is on the back of the map as well as the school’s.” Slowly she let go of me. My first reaction of being free would have been to run out of the room and get away from her as fast as humanly possible, but that would be considered rude. Instead I smiled brightly and left slowly. Slowly as in what felt like an eternity.

The second I left the class I became lost, again. The map that she made me didn’t help at all and I was left to ask random strangers where the biology classroom was. I was thankful they all were supportive and one even walked me to class. He was tall and thin with a wild hair style that caused each of his brown strands to stick out in a different angle. He also had a wicked cute smile.

“So you just got here?” He asked me. His voice wasn’t deep, but it also wasn’t that high pitched screech that adolescent men had when going through puberty.

“Yah, I came from Alabama.”

“Cool, my grandparents grew up in Alabama.”

“Wow, which part?”

“The south? I don’t really know, they never really talk about it.”

“Oh. So what did you say your name was?”

“Henry, I’m a sophomore, and you?”

“Marry, I’m also a sophomore.” I didn’t want to tell him I was really a freshman. It was stupid, I know, but still, freshmen were looked down on, especially in public schools. “What do you have next period?”

“Biology, same as you.”

“Great!” We walked into a huge classroom that had lab tables instead of desks. The teacher looked like the male version of Ms. Frizzle from the Magic School Bus. Henery let me sit next to him since his partner was absent that day. I was really glad and was starting to think that Henery was friend material, if not boyfriend. The rest of the class the teacher talked about mitosis, while I tried my hardest to flirt with Henry.

Usually I’m really good at getting guys to like me, despite my short and chubbiness. But this Henry seemed to not care at all. He was acting as if I was just some old buddy of his. Maybe he was gay? I shook my head, there was no way; he wasn’t wearing pink or had that sassy attitude. At the end of the period, he collected his books and was about to head out before inviting me to eat lunch with him and his friends.

“Sure.”

“Great, we usually sit in the middle of the cafeteria; it’s kind of hard to miss us.”

I was so excited; I didn’t pay any attention to my English teacher. I just stared at the cloth as the seconds slowly ticked by. Next period would be lunch and I would get to know more people! People who were more like Henry rather than Katy.

 I skipped down the halls to the lunch room. It was huge, as I expected. There were all kinds of people. I quickly got my lunch tray and headed for the center of the cafeteria. Suddenly panic started to bubble in my stomach. I couldn’t see Henry anywhere and I didn’t even know his last name so I couldn’t ask anyone. I tried my hardest to strain eyeballs. Strangers surrounded me causing me to mentally suffocate. Everyone’s faces started to blur together when finally I notice someone familiar. It was the upper class man who had asked me about the woman in the picture.

I redirected my path toward his table when someone grabbed me by the arm and dragged me in the opposite direction. I saw him laugh and my heart almost choked me. I tried to pull my arm back, but the person had a strong grip. At first I thought it was Katy, but the hand didn’t feel sweat, more cold and dry. I looked up at her face and almost peed my pants. She was tall, thin and muscular with longer than shoulder length hair. In short, she looked average, even though there seemed to be nothing average about her.

She pulled me across the lunch room toward a table. I was glad Henry was sitting there. A huge grin spread across his face when he saw me. He moved his back pack off the chair next to him and motioned for me to sit there. The girl thankfully let go of me, but then sat in the chair that was meant for me. I frowned and sat next to the girl sitting next to him on the other side.

“Hi, who are you?” She asked. She had blue colored hair and fashionable clothing. I think I could start to like this girl.

“Hey, I’m the new girl, my name is Marry.”

“Oh,” she looked me up and down. “I’m Crystal. I don’t want to be rude or anything, but are you Debbie’s new friend?”

“Who’s Debbie?” Crystal gave me a funny look when I said that.

“I’m Debbie,” the girl who dragged me said. She had a wicked grin plastered onto her normal looking face.

“Oh, hey Marry, I didn’t recognize you,” Henry said causing my heart to sink. His attention went back to the girl named Debbie. “Debbie, this is Marry, she and I have Biology together.”

“Nice, so you’re a sophomore, right?”

“Yah, of course she is. There is no way a junior would be caught dead in biology.”

“Naturally,” was all she said before moaning at what someone texted her

“What’s wrong?” the geeky boy with glasses said. He had been playing on his DS something and didn’t acknowledge us until just now.

“Marshall, that’s what’s wrong,” she sighed. “He can be such a dumbass at times.”

“Yup, he gets that from his mother, I think,” he winked at Debbie before returning to his game. She threw an empty milk carton that was lying around. He ducked and it hit the girl next to him.

“Ouch, Debbie!” She whined.

“Sorry Sera,” she said and went back to scrolling through her text messages. Henry was staring at her like a puppy dog and I was staring at him, but for different reasons. I couldn’t come up with whether or not I thought he was cute, a dork, or a stalker for staring at her. I don’t want to sound mean or anything, but what was so great about this Debbie girl anyway. She didn’t have a great body like Crystal, her hair wasn’t perfect like Sera, and her voice sounded like a volleyball player’s, all raspy from screaming during the game. I couldn’t see anything good about her that wasn’t better in another girl at this table. She almost seemed too average, but yet I had the feeling something was seriously wrong with this girl.

“What’s wrong Marry? Does Henry have something on his face?” Crystal asked me. She stared coldly down at me causing a shiver to run down my spine. Everyone looked over at me then at Henry then back at me.

“No. I just… uh… you know…” I stuttered and could feel everyone’s eyes on me. I quickly looked up and came face to face with Debbie. Her eyes were locked on mine and I had this dear in the head light sensation. I forgot how to breathe and my heart quickened. It felt like an eternity until suddenly, she smiled. It was an innocent smile, but it got me breathing again. I swear, I was about to pass out.

“It looks like Marry here has a little crush on Henry,” she snickered. I blushed.

“Oh shut up already, we all know you are just jealous because she has naturally blonde hair and you don’t,” the gamer said. After he said that she bursted out laughing and her whole body shook. He looked up at her and smiled.

“Is that really your real color?” Crystal asked snatching a strand of my hair. She rubbed it between her index finger and her thumb making sure it wasn’t made of plastic or anything.

“No, it’s fake,” I said taking back my hair. I didn’t want her to get her pizza greasy hands on my freshly washed hair. I hated it when my hair smelled like fast food rather than it’s usually tropical fruit. 

“Same with mine, except I’m a natural blonde so I just have to dye it blue when the roots start to show or when the color fades, whichever comes first.”

“To prevent the color from coming out you should use this brand, I forgot what it’s called, but it works really well on thick hair like yours,” I said. 

“Oh really? You should show me sometime. Maybe after school at the mall? Do you want to come?” 

“Yah sure, I’d love to!”

“OMG seriously Crystal, you can’t just invite someone without asking us first if we want them to join.” The girl with red curly hair said. Later I found out her name was Michaela. The thing with her, she sounded very sarcastic, but I wasn’t quite sure. 

“Yah, I mean like our shopping is, like, sacred,” the girl who got smacked in the head with an empty milk carton said. I believe her name was Sera. 

“Fine, do you all want Marry to join? Yes or no,” she made a 180 with her neck making sure that everyone was listening. 

“Yah, that would be nice, don’t you think Henry?” Debbie twirled her hair with her finger and smiled sweetly. One look at that smile and Henry was ready to obey her every command. It sickened me to see how much control she had over him. 

“Sure, if you’re in, I’m in,” he tried to sound cool and wiped away the drool that started to dribble out of his open mouth.

“Great!” She said a few notes higher than her normal voice. She looked over at the geek. “What about you, Donald. I know you hate shopping, but Marry will join, so I’m sure it’ll be a whole lot of fun!” Her smile seemed as fake as a plastic Barbie doll.

“Fine, but you owe me.”

“No fair, last time I owed you a favor you made me…” She stopped and looked over at us; her face turned a paler shade. Donald (the geek) was laughing.

“What did you make her do?” Michaela asked. I was also curious to know. We all moved closer toward Donald when he was down giggling.

“Nothing,” he said and went back to his game.

Michaela obviously not pleased with the result leaned over to Sera and whispered something, causing them both to cackle out loud. I looked over at Debbie who was having a staring contest with Donald who had looked up from his game after the cackling began.

“Only my sister would do that,” she said with a smile and left the table. He stifled a chuckle finally closed his game and put it away. 

“Where is she going?” I asked watching her leave. She didn’t even eat anything. Maybe she was getting food.

“Oh probably to talk to her lover boy,” Donald said smiling. “Well not exactly hers, but hers none the less. It’s sort of hard to explain to new people who don’t understand her history.” He stopped smiling, thought about what he said, then had a wicked grin on his face, identical to the one Debbie had earlier.

“Uh Oh Debbie is seeing someone?” Sera said tapping the table with her long manicured fingernails.

“Details please, if you don’t mind,” Michaela added.

“She isn’t seeing anyone, well if she is she hasn’t told me about it.”

“Then what’s up with the lover boy statement?” Crystal said in a very accusing voice.

I looked over at Henry who had a shocked look on his face. I almost felt sorry for him, almost.

“I was talking about her ex.”

“She has an ex?” Michaela.

“Who?” Sera.

“Is it someone in our school?” Crystal.

“Yah, Jonny. I’m pretty sure she went to see Jonny. But not for the reasons you three are thinking about, more for the reasons of debating and discussing. I should probably be there too, but hey, she needs the time to blow some steam.”

“Or some dicks.” Michaela and Sera started laughing again. Henry looked like he was going to pass out.

“You guys shouldn’t talk bad about her,” Donald said getting serious. “She can be a very dangerous woman when she wants to be. In fact, she scares the s**t out of me sometimes. I’m surprised Ace can even keep up with her.”

“Who’s Ace?” I asked unsure what exactly happened in the conversation.

“You don’t know who Ace is?” He stared down at me like I had grown another head.

“Well neither do we,” both Crystal and Henry said together. The tow hyenas would have also joined in, but they were too busy laughing their own heads off.

“Oh, right, sorry forget what I said. It was a slip up on my part. I’m guessing you guys don’t know who Emily Eisberg is either?” He tried to smile, but winced instead. Everyone else was wincing as well, including me.

Yah, everyone knew who Emily Eisberg was. The real question was; who didn’t know who the most infamous thief / murderer was? Already since kindergarten all kids know who she is. They’ll most likely know the answer as to who she is rather than who the president of the U.S. is. She killed millions of innocent people, stolen over billions of dollars worth of artifacts, and most importantly she was wanted in all countries, whether alive or dead, it didn’t matter.

“No,” Sera said sarcasm dripping from her voice like a venomous snake ready to attack its next victim.

“Well you should know, and you should also know that… yah… you should just know about her.”

“Are you suggesting that Debbie is Emily Eisberg?” Michaela asked. Sera snickered.

“No, I was making a horrible reference, sorry. Forget it.”

“Well obviously I �"“ but before Henry could finish the hot guy I met earlier cut him off. I couldn’t help but smile. I also wondered how he got there without anyone noticing.

“Donald, we need you.” He looked over at us, eying each of us suspiciously. “You know how Debbie can’t handle the speaking portion.” He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. “I’m honestly not in the mood to deal with her BS today. Sure she’s a good fighter, but her communication skills need work. Like a whole lot of work.”

“That’s why we are here. We all need to work on our communication skills, you included,” Donald got up and gave the boy a smug look. “So where are we going to be holding this meeting?”

“Luxas will be here soon and then we can begin,” he said with unease. He kept looking at us. “Come on, let’s go.”

“Fine, but I’m not staying for the fight, I’ve got better places to be.”

“Better places? Like where?”

“Like history with Professor Smith.” Wow, I had the same class next period.

“Pah, sure, if you think it isn’t a waste of time. I’d much rather come face to face with Emily Eisberg than sit through another one of his lectures, but that’s just me.”

“How interesting to find out that the great Jonny is also referring back to Emily Eisberg,” Michaela hissed.

He turned to face her. His eyes narrowing and his nose wrinkled upward like he smelled something foul. “What are you talking about, b***h?”

“Oh bad boy has a language issue. Donald is right, you do need to brush up on your communication skills,” Michaela shot back. “And this dork, over here,” she pointed at Donald who was already on his way to leaving the table, “also made an Emily Eisberg reference just moments ago.”

“That’s because Emily Eisberg references are the best references.”

“As well as Ace Fitzgerald,” Donald chuckled and left. Jonny scold and followed.

The remainder of lunch Henry had to leave to deal with some issues, leaving us girls to talk about girly matters. Michaela gossiped about the latest boy-friend/girl-friend issues. Sera complained about the man meat Josh, some football player, was going out with Hannah, some cheer leader, but at the same time they were both seeing this other super hot swimmer, Matthew. Apparently Josh was gay and Matthew decided to go out with both of them just for laughs. Then there was this situation about parties and who threw the best ones. Crystal claimed that it was here, but Michaela and Sera both agreed that Abigail something, threw had better ones. Crystal complained that it was all because she was super rich and could afford a frat house. Sera swore that it had nothing to do with money but on which DJ you hired, but that still had to do with money. Michaela argued that the only reason Abigail had good parties was because her older sister was the queen at parties in college. I just sat there and tried to absorb what they were talking about until finally I couldn’t take it anymore and announced that I was going to prove that I had the best parties.

“You are going to throw a party?” Sera asked disbelief in her usual bitchy tone.

“Yes, and I’m going to prove that you don’t need a frat house, DJ, or older sister. First off I don’t even own a frat house, my parents would kill me. Secondly I hardly know anyone let alone a DJ. And lastly I don’t have an older sister, just an annoying little bratty brother,” I hoped Crystal wouldn’t be too mad that I was throwing a party since she claimed that was her expertiece.

“Great speech, but there is no way anyone will come to your party,” Michaela pointed out.

“Thanks for the encouragement!” I hissed back.

“Hey don’t get bitchy, she was just stating the obvious,” Sera said holding her hands up in defense. “Like you already said, you hardly know anyone. Crystal, Mich and me, we know a ton of people and we can probably convince them to come to your party. Just do us a favor and make sure it isn’t lame or else these people will totally blame us for your screw up.”

“Yah and then they won’t invite us to anything; we are putting our necks on the line for you.”

“Thanks?”

“No problem, what are friends for if not to do this little task,” Crystal finally spoke up. “I’ll just send a quick text telling them about this super rad party that’s going to take place at your house.” She pulled out her phone and in no time the text was sent. Well no going back on this now.

What exactly did I just get myself into anyway? I didn’t even know how to throw a small birthday party, let alone a huge disco party with hundreds of people from our school who will be attending. I took several deep breaths. Most importantly my parents were going to kill me if I bring all these people to my house. OMG. What did I just do?!?!

“So your party will be Saturday, around eight and it’ll probably last til�"?” she looked over at the two girls.

“Probably five, if you’re lucky and they all stay, if not, well we’re screwed,” Michaela said.

Fortunately for me the conversation switched again. This time they talked about how unfair the teachers were and how much homework they have been receiving lately. Then they rambled on and on about how hot Jerry and Rick’s asses were. Michaela talked about how her sister, a senior, saw the two of them would sneak into the girl’s locker room after cheer leading practice. And Michael went to much detail to describe what actions were going on behind those closed doors. I almost puked on the table. Why are boys so disgusting and why are cheerleaders such s***s? The bell rang right before Michaela was done talking.

“Let’s meet at Debbie’s baby, okay,” Sera said and left with the herd of disappointed teenagers. Fourth period would officially begin in less than five minutes, and I didn’t even know where to go. And what was Debbie’s baby? Was it a bar, her car, her boyfriend, but I doubt that’s true since Henry always seems to follow her around like a lost puppy dog.

“Hey, Marry, right?” Debbie said. She was waiting at my locker and held tightly to a blue folder.

“Hi Debbie, what’s up?”

“The ceiling, but that’s not the reason I’m waiting for you. I’m here to walk you to our next class.” Judging by the look I must have given her, she quickly back pedaled. “Don’t worry, I’m not a stalker. Donald told me you had Smith with us. Believe me when I say this; Smith is most definitely the boringist teacher to walk the earth. And boringist isn’t even a word.” She threw her head back with laughter. The small curls at the ends of her hair bounced as she cackled away at her own joke. I didn’t find it very amusing.

“Oh. What’s he like?” I opened my locker, which I was so thankful for since it took me forever to try and open the first few times.

“Who? Donald?”

“No Smith.” I pulled out my bag and started stuffing papers into it. Already on my first day here and I’m beginning to have a messy locker.

“Oh he’s wonderful, super hot, and my god his blue eyes are like�"“

“Excuse me?” Was she alright? She looked like Henry when she laughed at one of his stupid jokes during lunch.

“Oh, you’re excused.”

“Mr. Smith. Did you bump your head or something? Are we talking about the same person here? You just said he was boring then you’re calling him hot? Did I miss something here?”

“Oh, you’re talking about the teacher. Right, right, I always get those two mixed up.” She looked over at me with a smirk. “Mr. Smith, our teacher, is anything but hot. Now this other guy his last name is Smith, first name Eric, now he’s a hunk of man meat right there.” She closed her eyes and sighed, probably imagining him doing heaven knows what.

“Are you serious? How can you get our teacher mixed up with a student�"“

“He’s not a student, but he is younger than me, which makes me sad.”

“How old is he?”

“Six, OMG Nick I can’t believe you just did that are you stupid?” She was looking down at her phone scrolling through her messages. I was confused, did she mean he was six years old or something that this Nick character did was sick.

“What do you mean?”

“Oh s**t, the bell is about to ring and the class is….” She looked down at me and smiled. “You do know where the class is, right?”

I shook my head and she giggled. Grabbing my arm, she forced me into a random room. Luckly it happened to be the right room. The walls were covered in either old photo graphs of presumably dead famous people, flags from countries I haven’t even heard about, or maps from different angles and time periods. This indeed looked like a historical room. Even the smell was old. Debbie quickly took a seat next to Donald who was typing away on his phone. The bell rang seconds after I sat down behind the two. The girl next to me had pig tails and smiled.

The lecture began, and just like Debbie said, it was boring. I tried my hardest not to fall asleep by looking around the classroom. There wasn’t much more to describe about appearance of the room, but the kids were almost as boring as the teacher. One student was picking his nose and his partner was applying another coat of make up to her face. More than half the class was tapping on their phone and the rest passing good old fashioned paper notes. I almost laughed out loud when two jocks from either side of the room decided to throw spit balls at each other. At the end of the talk and while the lights flickered back on, Mr. Smith announced that we would be having a group presentation coming up soon. The topic was on the French revolution and how it affected the Americas.

I groaned with the rest of the class and everyone split into pairs. I was about to turn to the girl next to me and ask to be her partner, but Donald, yes DONALD, beat me to it.

“Hey Marry, since Donald vowed to never work with me on a group project again, will you be my partner?” Debbie said, half way turned in her plastic seat.

My jaw dropped on the desk top. Did Debbie just ask me, Marry the new girl who sucks in history, to be her partner? I could barely believe my ears. A stack of papers landed on my desk before I could say yes.

“Can you start on it? I’ve got to use the rest room real quick.” She got up and excused herself from the class. Now I was beginning to understand why Donald didn’t want to work with her anymore.

“Sorry about that Marry. She’s quite a handful,” Donald winked at me and went back to talking to his partner which could have been mine if I weren’t so slow. Oh well, next time I’ll have her.

“No problem Donald. I’ve got this under control.” He laughed but said nothing.

For the next thirty minutes I just stared at the stupid computer screen wondering how I should begin the presentation. I wasn’t good at history. I didn’t know anything about the French Revolution other than the decapitation and the famous ‘let them eat cake’ speech. Those were the basics though, and if I was going to pass this class I needed to do a good job. Where was my dumb partner anyway! I grew frustrated and was about to smash the computer into Mr. Smith’s face, when suddenly Debbie’s head popped up from behind the door’s tiny window. Some kid opened it for her. She almost fell over herself as she panted out of breath.

“Sorry Sir,” she stood up straight and tall and did some sort of military solute before taking her spot next to Donald. “Sorry Marry, it took a bit longer than I thought,” she turned over to Donald, “but I totally kicked his butt!!!” They high fived and Donald cheered. “But back to this presentation, I’ll finish it within a few minutes.”

She took the lab top off of my desk and started to frantically type away. Right before the bell rang to indicate that class was over, she handed it back. Second time during this class my jaw dropped. It was completely finished including foot notes, works cited, color, pictures, it had it all, and she even knew my last name! “wow” was all I could say, but it didn’t cover what she had done in record time.

“You’re welcome, partner,” she nudged me with her arm. “I’m not sure if it is exactly historically accurate, but hey, I did my best in the time given.”

Donald looked over at us and winced. “Yah, most definitely check to see if she had it historically accurate, last time we got points knocked off because she thought the first president of the U.S. was William Dickson.”

“William has a nice dick though,” a girl popping bubble gum commented. She wasn’t sitting far from us, but it was obvious everyone was listening in on our conversation.  A few people snickered and others nodded in agreement.

“Not to mention the time we had to present about Christopher Columbus and you complained about how rude of a person he was. And that he wasn’t the first one to discover America and it was actually some king from South Africa.” Donald went on.

“Oh I remember a great one, you boosted about how great Hercules was, but you didn’t even know what he did other than being a Greek hero!” Someone from the front of the class said.  Almost everyone was laughing. “You said he made out with the goddess of secrets and destroyed the civilization of Sumer.”

“Yah, but that’s what happened,” Debbie got up and stormed out of the class. I quickly gathered my things and followed her out. I half expected her to have tears in her eyes when I finally caught up to her in the school parking lot. I was panting and out of breath. I hadn’t done this much walking since the day our PE teacher decided we needed to become more fit.

“Oh, I didn’t notice you followed me. Well I guess this is a good thing since we will all be going to the mall. Just wait here until everyone starts showing up. I have to deal with someone for a second.” She pointed at a big run down truck and told me to wait by it. She left before I could ask where she was going. Leaning against the rusting paint of the vehicle I watched her leave. There was no way I was going to follow her again. She walked way too fast for my chubby legs to keep up with.

I didn’t have to wait long before Crystal popped up. Her bright blue hair was easy to find in the crowd of people. Everyone was glad school was finally over and hurriedly got into their cars to go home. I smiled at her and she waved back.

“Wow, I didn’t expect you to be the first one to reach the dump,” she laughed, causing me to also laugh. I noticed that without Sera and Michaela around, she was a decent human being.

“Yah, I sort of followed Debbie and she told me to wait until everyone showed up.”

“Oh right, where is she? She still owes me twenty dollars.”

“Why?” I didn’t take Debbie for the sort of person to just randomly loan money from her friends.

“We made a bet.”

“On what?”

“On you. She thought that Katy and you would become best friends, since you were everything Katy ever talked about. I said you would try to get as far away as possible from that phsyoco path.”

“And you won.” It was a statement. There was no way I’d hang out with Katy ever again, even if I was being forced to.

“Yup and it benefits the both of us.” Her smile was almost blinding and her eyes wrinkled at the corners. “By the way, you should probably think about that party. Just a hint, the best parties are usually theme based. Like you know Halloween you wear costumes. Or this one time this guy had a no clothes themed party.” She laughed when I made a face. “No not like that. No clothes as in you had to wear anything but clothing. Like I wore a potato sack, yah, I know, pretty lame. Sera wore a duck tape dress, which she literally duck taped herself, not the smartest move, but whatever. I don’t remember what Mich wore, but Debbie wore the coolest thing ever. Two cups were supposed to represent a coco nut bra and a newspaper skirt was the grass skirt. All the guys drooled over her, like always.” There was a hint of sourness as she said the last part. And as if on que, Henry shows up trotting over to were the two of them were standing.

“Hey girls!” He sounded over cheerful.

“Yo Hen!” Someone called out from the other side of the parking lot. All of our heads snapped toward the sound of the voice. I almost smiled when I saw Sera and Michaela parade through the crowd of bodies and cars. They wove toward us like two homecoming queens.

“Ah Marry, Cryst, nice to see you didn’t get lost on your way here,” Michaela snickered. How did she know that I had a problem with getting lost? This was my first day, she should give me some slack.

“Just because that one time I mistook Washington’s class as the bathroom doesn’t mean anything!” Crystal shouted, but laughed with the rest of them. We all jumped into the back portion of the truck and waited. It was surprisingly warm on a late December day. I tugged at my wool sweater and thought about what I should saw next.

We all heard screaming and shouting and moved over to see what was going on. Everyone, even the teachers running toward their expensive cars, looked at the scene Debbie was performing with some black haired dude. Weird thing was, he was completely covered with black clothing too. His jacket, shoes, pants, even backpack were all black. This guy must be emo or something, but Michaela claims emo died in 2008.

“I don’t care what you think! We are all doing it to win it!”

The guy said something, but we were too far away to hear it.

“Ask her yourself, but she clearly told me she doesn’t want to do that.”

The guy looked angry and muttered something.

“Fine, go ahead and leave, I don’t care! Just don’t go taking my pets and putting your anger out on them. They are fragile!”

Guy said something and then leaves in the opposite direction that Debbie was walking toward.

“Okay sulk in your dumb little palace. You shouldn’t have dropped out if you didn’t want to be lonely.” She marches over toward us and smiles when she sees everyone.

“What was that all about?” Michaela asked raising one eyebrow.

“That was some dumbass being a dumbass. Now where is our dumbass?”

“You mean Donald?” I asked. Right, where was he? He was in our fourth period class; I’m surprised he wasn’t here sooner.

“I’m here,” he said and popped out from behind the car. He had a smug look on his face and pulled out his phone. He resumed playing video games in the trunk. We all piled into the trunk except Sera and Michaela who wanted to be in the front to gossip about the latest news. What latest news could there be? Didn’t they discuss every topic already during lunch? Michaela was driving and Sera had shot gun.

 



© 2016 Messy Jessy


Author's Note

Messy Jessy
Again, please excuse my language both in grammar/spelling and cussing. I hope you enjoy reading it. ;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on April 1, 2016
Last Updated on April 5, 2016


Author

Messy Jessy
Messy Jessy

HI



About
I'm not that good of a writer, but my ideas are kinda decent... at least that's what I hope. I love reading other books. They help me build my characters and set the scene easier. My favorite book hap.. more..

Writing