Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Messy Jessy
"

Life lesson #1 always shoot a zombie in the head, not the heart or chest area. Machine guns are preferable, but keep away from small children, unless the zombie is a child.

"
Jamie Parsberg was asleep in her room dreaming about the many horrors of the first day of school. Even though she was just an ordinary girl going to an ordinary public school and was friends with a semi ordinary bestie. Jamie by far wasn't popular or disliked, she wasn't considered a nerd, but she got good grades. She wasn't sporty but she loves the out doors. She wasn't rich, but she also wasn't poor. She had brown hair and brown eyes. She wasn't pasty pale, but she also didn't have the caramel tan that every girl in her school wanted. She wasn't fat, but she wasn't skinny. In short she was average. 
Although she was an ordinary person, and had an ordinary life, the people she associated herself with were not considered ordinary by any means. And noting this, in the middle of the night when no ordinary child ready to go to school the next day after a long summer vacation was awake, Jamie got a phone call from non other than her best friend Hazel. Hazel was anything other than Hazel. She dyed her hair all different types of colors and her eyes were always sparkling with either blue or green colored contacts. The clothing she wore could have been considered an abstract work of art created by Picasso. And her personality was just as crazy and 'out of the box' than most. 
Jamie lazily got up and picked up the ringing phone. She had thought about letting it ring until the caller had to leave a message, but knowing it would most likely be Hazel she didn't. She yawned as her friend chatted about how she got up to get a glass of milk in the middle of the night and watched tv. Hazel had a tendency to ramble on and on about topic whether it interested her or her listener. Jamie was slowly nodding back to sleep when suddenly Hazel screamed, "Zombie Appocolypse!" Jamie's head instantly jerked upward and she jumped off her bed. Her heart was beating and her breathing had increased. She was more shocked from Hazel's scream than what she actually said. 
"Haz, what are you talking about? I thought we were going to see The Walking Dead together," Jamie said now angry that her friend had seen the movie and called her late at night to spoil it for her. 
"What are you talking about?" Hazel asked her voice sounded scared. "I'm not talking about some dumb tv series that is super irrevalent to actual fact. No, i'm talking about the real deal here! We are going to go through a zombie appocolypse."
"Um wha?" Jamie got back on her bed and was about to fall asleep again. 
"Yes, we have to get prepared." Jamie could hear russling of plastic wrappers in the background. What was Hazel doing so late at night? She wondered. 
"Haz, don't you think we should get back to sleep, we've got school tomorrow, remember?" 
"No, I just told you that there is going to be a ZOMBIE APPOCOLYPSE! Haven't you been listening?"
"Not really, please can we discuss this issue tomorrow?"
"No! This is an urgent matter and you must proceed accordingly." 
"Please, my mom and Steve might hear us talking!" Steve was Jamie's step father, she loathed him more than anything else. 
"Ok fine, but prepare yourself for the worse tomorrow!" And with that being said, Hazel De'Stornel hung up. Jamie sighed in relief, now she could go back to dreaming about that hot football player she met last week. 
***
The next day Jamie's head hurt from sleeping on her phone. There was a red mark on her cheek and no matter how much make up she put on it, it just didn't seem to go away. She sighed, this was a great way to start her first day of school. She quickly got dressed and ate breakfast before rushing off to catch the bus. She was usually the last one to get on and there were never any seats free. 
"Excuse me, may I sit next to you two?" She asked the two emo looking kids. One was a boy and the other was a girl. Both had long black hair drenched in grease that could have been used to fry a small helping of french fries. The boy had deep blue circles under his eyes and the girl's lips were so deep red, anyone could have mistaken it for black. The boy had a shoe box on his lap while the girl had a large black leather purse, kinda like the one marry Poppins used in the Disney film. 
"Sure," the boy said and scuted over pushing the girl onto the dirty window. She sneered at him and folded her small fragile looking arms. 
"Thanks," Jamie managed to say. It wasn't just their appearance that was strange, so was their smell. The stench was almost unbarable smelling like a mixture between rotting fruit and decaying dog poop. She tried not to be rude, but ended up covering her nose with her free hand. 
Sadly the boy turned to her and actually smiled. It wasn't a star athlete smile that could blind it's on lookers, it was rather a grizzly bear grinding it's teeth together. Jamie forced a smile back. 
"I'm Jackson, what's yours?" He asked and stuck out his hand. Jamie's eyes widened as she stared at the filthy hand. It was stained green possibly from grass, and under his nails were tiny fragments of dirt. There were also cuts and bruises that lined the inside of his palm and thumb. Blisters were about to pop and some were already oozing with yellow looking slim. Jamie gulped down the ball of saliva that had started to form in the back of her throat. 


© 2016 Messy Jessy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Jackson says " hey, my name is Jackson, what is yours."

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
1 Review
Added on March 8, 2016
Last Updated on March 14, 2016


Author

Messy Jessy
Messy Jessy

HI



About
I'm not that good of a writer, but my ideas are kinda decent... at least that's what I hope. I love reading other books. They help me build my characters and set the scene easier. My favorite book hap.. more..

Writing