Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Messy Jessy
"

Life lesson #2 vampires don't like sunlight, but that rule also applies to gamers, nerds, geeks, and white people who don't put on sun screen.

"
Hazel was on the ground searching the cold tile floor of anything remnant of the pool of blood that had flooded the cafeteria floor just a few moments ago. Jamie couldn't believe her own eyes when she saw that the crime scene had just vanished. Perhaps someone had cleaned it, but how, there wouldn't have been enough time to mop up the mess. Even if that were a possibility, there was no guarantee that the red stain would ever get out of the small cracks that embedded the stone tiles. Nothing remained, not the lingering smell of iron that usually came with a bloody crime, or even bleach, the only cleaning supply known to get rid of anything. There must have been some trick the killer had used, but Jamie didn't know what. 
"Ah ha!" Hazel said and picked up a small tooth pick with her gloved hands. It was an ordinary tooth pick except for the tip which was a deep red. Jamie smiled and was glad to know that she wasn't seeing things. 
"Great job Haz," she bent down and opened a small zip-block bag. Hazel put the evidence into the clear container and zipped it up. 
"Let's hope forensics can help," Hazel joked. She got up and stretched, satisfied with her find, even if it was a small one.
"Yah, we better get back to class before someone notices we are missing." Jamie looked back and forth trying to scan the area one last time before she left. She saw something move near the trash cans in the back and a shiver ran down her spine. She tapped Hazel on the shoulder and motioned with her hand toward the back of the room. Hazel followed her finger and lifted an eyebrow. 
"What?" Hazel asked. Jamie put a finger on her lips, indicating that she should be silent. 
Quietly the two of them made their way around the maze of long lunch tables to where Jamie thought see saw something. As they tiptoed closer, Jamie balled her hands into fists ready to use her Karate skill if anyone jumped out from behind the silver cans. The silence was almost deafening and their heartbeats increased the closer they got. Hazel expected herself to explode from both fright and curiosity.  What was waiting for them behind the disposal? 
Jamie stopped just a few feet away, and Hazel almost bumped into her. Jamie's whole body was shivering and every fiber in her being told her to run away. The hairs on her arms stood on end and it was hard for her lungs to breath. Her hand slowly reached toward the plastic garbage containers. Her vision blurred as her brain was screaming for her to get the heck out of there. 


© 2016 Messy Jessy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 4, 2016
Last Updated on March 10, 2016
Tags: Jinny Lee


Author

Messy Jessy
Messy Jessy

HI



About
I'm not that good of a writer, but my ideas are kinda decent... at least that's what I hope. I love reading other books. They help me build my characters and set the scene easier. My favorite book hap.. more..

Writing