The Crash - Introduction

The Crash - Introduction

A Story by Jessie
"

An introduction to a short story I am beginning about a teenage girl retelling the events which lead up to her death.

"

The urge to escape, to runaway, is the strongest sensation  I have ever encountered.

So that’s exactly what I did, I ran. Or rather I drove, which proved to be a huge mistake, in fact the biggest mistake I have ever made.  I never planned to drive into a street lamp, but that’s what I did, not on purpose of course but through the tears streaming down my skin and my frantic distress my vision was blurred and my ability to judge distance was altered massively.  So when I swerved off the road I was unable to determine the distance between myself in the skidding metal vehicle and the large glowing pole on the edge of the side road and totalled my car, and myself in fact into a state of no repair.

I slipped into a coma.

It’s true what they say about being able to hear, when the nurses encourage family and friends to talk to their loved ones who have slipped into the uncertain sleep to offer comfort and compassion.   I lay for 6 months listening to my mother sob by my bedside begging me to wake up, to come back to her,  to my friends telling me what was happening at school assuring me that my locker remained untouched and they had been taking extra detailed notes in lessons to pass on to me when I awoke, their voices filled with false hope.  And finally to my father,  after those 6 months had passed telling them to switch it off, switch me off, to take me from the uncertain sleep to the never ending sleep, to death.

So here I am now, an unchained shadow waiting to gain access to the peaceful afterlife, which apparently I can only do after cataloguing my life by retelling it to ‘the listeners’ which I have been informed by a fellow soul are faceless beings which 'record' your memories.

© 2011 Jessie


Author's Note

Jessie
This is just a draft for an introduction to a story which is in my head that I am looking for feedback on so that I can make it more interesting and hooking.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

hey...i think its a great beginning....u should definitely go ahead write the story....

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
1 Review
Added on August 21, 2011
Last Updated on August 21, 2011

Author

Jessie
Jessie

United Kingdom