The Dancing Devils

The Dancing Devils

A Story by Matthew Mckelvey
"

A short story. The story is told as an experience the person had...

"
Chapter 1: At the Bottom of The Rabbit Hole

"A Child's dreams are innocent to the world around them but, can become the world inside them. Where darkness and light play together in sync' with the world they thrive in. The dream can become vivid. And sometimes, The dark can possess the light leaving the light to exist only to highlight the darkness that possesses it. The shadows danced along the walls flickering here and there in the form of devilish jesters.The flame, from the fire the shadows are projected by, caresses the children that looked as though their cheerful frolicking was being manipulated by something deeper... Darker... Terror fell from their eyes just to evaporate from the heat that radiated through out the room but, the laughter and smiles seemed to tell otherwise. A child hiding outside was peeking through the window. He was too scared to go inside but all he wanted was to play with the other children. He then started to hear whispers through the children's hollers and laughing. He could feel the shadows luring him as they playfully whispered...

'Trevor...' 'Trevor...' 'Treevorr...'

The whispers overlapped eachother and started to intrude his thought like an eerie song stuck in his head. Then the shadows turned their attention to their victim and with a curling finger tempted,

'Trrreeeevooorrr...

Standing frozen, suddenly every shadow leapt from the wall. Leaving the children deathly still, they lunged toward the boy like a child desperate to get their new toy. As they rushed closer and closer , they seemed to grow out from the wall and become more deformed. My body tensed up as I gasped for every last bit of my last breathe and immediately shut the world out.

The room fell silent. Nothing happened... to me and everything seemed normal. So, I slowly worked myself to open my eyes and whispered to myself,

'1...2...3!'

As my eyes shot open all I could see was rotten jagged teeth and a smiling decayed face that seemed to be painted over with a red so deep it could have been blood. But the eyes struck every nerve and bone in my body. The scleras were blood-shot and blacked out with a blood red stare within them.

'TREVOR!'

Chapter 2: Into The Mist

Books Flew and the class cringed at the screeching of the chair across the floor. There sat a heaving little boy as if all his blood was drained from his body (he had the kind of face only a corpse could appreciate).
As the color color came back to his face he started to notice the stares and the snickering that were comng from every direction.

'Trevor, are you ok?' Mrs. Torrez questioned with concern.

His hands started to get clammy as his thoughts started racing out the door before he could even get himself to move. He started to cry and the classroom filled with laughter. As fast as the laughter hit his ears, he shoved his desk to the side, and ran out the door as fast as he could. He bolted through the hallways and out the front door of Howard Hand Elementary School paying no attention to Mrs. Torrez yelling out his name. He tore through the grass across the street as if to split the landscape prayng for it to end in some form of utopia. Anything but here.

But he looked through every street and alley finding no such place. So, he ran until he was too tired to run anymore. When he started to get tired so, he turned down an alley way and toward a tree at the end of the yard that had no fence in the back. It was the tree he always sat against because it was tucked between Mr. Gracey's, his science teacher, shed and the fence on the side. As he slowed and got closer to the yard his legs gave out from underneath him and he fell.

When he woke up he saw that his face hit a root and he was laying on gravel, barely missing the tree. It was dark out now. He wasn't concerned with his parents worrying because he only ever saw them in the morning or weekends. His mom started work before he left school and his dad was asleep for work later in the night. They didn't care anyways.

He felt a sharp pain in his face and along his arm but he was too groggy from being knocked out by the fall. He touched his face and felt the thick blood on the side of it. He, then, turned his arm slightly and started to se lots of blood with dirt in it. To save himself the worry he ignored the rest of damaged that he probably should have looked at. As he hoped to hit feet , pain shot through his leg.

As he hobbled home he heard someting but couldn't interperet it to be anything but a breeze. Then he started to hear the breeze whispering to him, a little more clear, what seemed like a riddle...

'Darkness comes and darkness goes. No one knows where the darkness goes..'

He jumped as he heard the bush rustling behind him. He leaned in sowly to see what it was... out jumped a cat as it trotted toward him and nudged his orange and white, striped head against Trevors leg. Relieved he tells the cat:

'Hey kitty, you could've been monster food'

He started petting the cat and smiling as he felt the vibration from the cats purr. As soon as he stopped he saw something quickly run past him out of the corner of his eye. Knowing that he, fortunately, was about two blocks from his house he hobbled home as fast as he could. He tried to ignore the blood all over him and the pain from his arm, face and leg because he had to get home fast! They were everywhere! they kept flickering past eyesight and taunting at him!

Finally he barged through the door and slammed it as hard as he could. He propped himself against and then slid down the door. As he started to calm down he could start feeling the pain again. He limped to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. He was covered in blood and had a hole in his face from where his face hit the tree trunk causing his teeth to push through his cheek. His right elbow and knee had gashes in them and his bone was showing through the gash in his elbow. Although he should should've cried or been showing any kind of pain he just sat and stared. Everything was too fuzzy to know what was going on. And a loud ring started to fill his ears and then it started again, incessantly repeating,

'Darkness comes and darkness goes. No one knows where the darkness goes.'
'Darkness comes and darkness goes. No one knows where the darkness goes.'
'Darkness comes and darkness goes. No one knows where the darkness..."

...And as he hit the floor the world turned black.

Chapter 3: The Fasmida Nymph

Trevor woke up in some kind of big warehouse that was dusty, empty and smelled horrible. Nothing distinct that he could figure out but it smelled very wrong. The room was dark but the dim lights flickered on and off sporadically. He drug himself across the big opening where he kept hearing something slopping around and breaking in a room was in the back corner. He stood against the wall by the door like in those cops and robbers movies. Now he started hearing screeches and grunts from different direction in the room. His arm now started to throb. The pain was starting to become unbearable so, he looked at his elbow where the pain was coming from and he saw something kicking and burrowing itself in the gash. He grabbed it by the tiny, little part of it's body and with a quick tug he painfully pulled the thing out.

He held the thing out in front of him by it's head and it just stared at him. It looked like a little person but, with wings, pointy teeth and instead of hands it had long pointy arms on either side of it. The creature had cracked scaly skin and it looked almost half dead already. Trevor glared at the thing and sternly whispered through his teeth,

"I will squash you, you dirty little fairy."

But it still just calmly stared at him. So he got curious and he just stared back and now gently held it by its upper body. Surprisingly the little fairy creature was very soft. Within seconds he almost felt entranced... hypnotized. He felt light and all of his pain went away. Although the room was dark and it was night time outside, he could almost feel the warmth of the sun against him. The creature started to caress his fingers, with its tail that Trevor must have missed.

Before he knew it, it had stung him with a stinger that was on its tail. A jolt of pain shot down his finger into his hand. The pain quickly shot up his arm as he threw the thing to the ground. The pain filled his whole body and he started to hear a loud deafening ringing in his head. He stumbled toward the fairy creature as it hopped up to it's feet and ran into the doorway. He started to feel dizzy and confused. His legs became weaker and he started to fall after he clumsily staggered into the room.

He managed to catch himself with his hand and push himself back up on his fit. When he looked up and over to the other side of the room he saw figures in the corner of the room no bigger than other kids his age but they looked like monsters. They were what was making all the noise. Trevor saw that they were too distracted by their dinner. Three of them were laughing and snickering, while they ate, at the other two, that weren't quite as big, fight over a long piece of meet.

The fairy creature flutter up onto the biggest monsters shoulder and whisper into it's ear and Trevor started to worry. But the big creature just continued to eat and the fairy creature burrowed itself into a gaping wound in the back of monsters neck. The monster threw down the hunk of meat in it's hand and twitched as the fairy creature moved down along it's back underneath it's skin. It seemed o enjoy the pain of the little creature digging deeper into it's body.

Trevor moved a little closer and fell to his knees. He then saw what they were eating. the skin was stripped from it's body. Each of the monster had a limb of their own except the two smaller one. That's when he looked closer and saw what they were. They had lesion on their body lesions and the skin that was left was a brownish red except one of the middle sized monsters. It had smooth skin lightly tanned skin, that was lumpy, and dark brown hair. It then turned to the bigger monster and Trevor noticed his face didn't match his skin. Its face that protruded had the same lesion covered blood red skin and a sharp teeth filled grin as the devils he saw in him dream! It was wearing the little boy that they were eating!

They all snapped their heads toward Trevor and in an instant the biggest devil was on top of Trevor and grinned. It shoved it's hands into Trevor's mouth, and an over-whelming pain struck him as his jawed snapped out of place. He twitched and struggled as it pushed and dug down into his body. he felt his skin stretching and ripping and his body started to get covered in his blood. Every bone in his throat and chest snapping and breaking. And every inch the devil dug into his body he felt it scraping his inside. He gagged as his body tried to reject it but, the devil was too big. Now that the devil made it's way inside, it started to settle along with Trevor's twitching and breathing until he closed his eyes and tookthe last breath that was his.

© 2015 Matthew Mckelvey


Author's Note

Matthew Mckelvey
I know there is grammatical errors and i dont mind anyone pointing them out but please critique the storyline and imagery as well.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on August 20, 2015
Last Updated on August 24, 2015
Tags: Evil, pain, horror

Author

Matthew Mckelvey
Matthew Mckelvey

Columbia, PA



About
I want to achieve raw emotion and imagery. I want to paint a picture with my words! I want my world to consume you... more..

Writing