A Day in Heaven

A Day in Heaven

A Story by Jason

The air moved calmly between the moss covered rocks and the aging limbs of the Tenil Trees. A place untouched by man and truly the most beautiful place on earth. Vast waterfalls covered the tropical landscape, accompanied by the emerald pools beneath them.  The waters were cool and as clear as air itself. Beneath these pools lay a field of diamonds and coral. Schools of fish would swim above these fields and cast rainbows atop its surface. A boy lived there and he cared for the land like no other. Day in and day out he would work the land and protect its treasures from the worlds furry. But this boy was no average boy. He had eyes so vibrant that some would call them sapphires. His smooth tan skin put off a glow unseen by mortal eyes. But this boy wasn’t alone. There lived an angel in these mountains. She would visit the boy when ever she could; and when she did they shared a love beyond comprehension. On this day in the mid summer when the birds came to mate the boy awaited his fare angel atop the tallest mountain. The clouds would move, like gypsies in a hypnotic dance when she came.

            So they did on this mid summer day and the two became lovers once more. He stared into her green eyes and brushed the long wavy brown locks off her face. Her skin was fare and as soft as Egyptian cotton. Her full lips pressed gently against his as they climbed down from the mountain. The boy carried her to the Mystic pools of Avalon and rested beneath its waterfall. Little drops of water fell upon her face as the passing water rushed over the rocks. They glow like crystals against her skin, catching the light from the glaring sun above. His arms wrapped firmly around her waist drawing her chest to his. She could feel his heart pounding beside hers. A single tear ran down her cheek. The boy wiped the tear with his finger and lifted her high into the air. Her long tan legs wrapped around him as he carried her into the emerald pool. There he pronounced his love for this angel. A commitment not lightly taken. But the Angel was scared. She had not known love. And in the skies above the world she watched, as the tainted souls of mankind slaughtered themselves. But she knew this boy was different. He asked for nothing and gave everything. Here alone, an outcast to the world around him. She knew she loved him too. And with everything she had she bestowed upon the boy an enchanted kiss. As the lovers lips met their souls connected and her wings slowly came apart. The boy with drew in fright and tried to restore his fare angels wings. But she laughed and silenced him with her touch.

            “It is my will to live a mortal life with you Gabriel. I wish not to live forever with out truly knowing your love. And so I give up my wings for your heart.” And so the angel was no longer an angel and the boy no longer a boy. Together they grew into a man and a woman. And together they shared, a day in heaven.             

 

 

© 2009 Jason


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this, especially the sentence: "Together they grew into a man and a woman."

Posted 14 Years Ago


Hi,

This was a wonderful piece. I love the setting and the way you weave the picture in your readers' minds. I look forward to reading more of your work.

Have a great evening,

Bhumi

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 12, 2009

Author

Jason
Jason

Columbia, MO



About
Well to begin i would have to start with where I'm from. I live in Columbia Missouri and have for a majority of my life. I am currently going to college but have mix feeling about what it is i w.. more..

Writing
The Camel The Camel

A Story by Jason


Beneath its Skin Beneath its Skin

A Story by Jason



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Writer Block Writer Block

A Chapter by Jason