Home sweet home

Home sweet home

A Story by Jaweena...Eileen Quintana
"

Reflecting about my habits....

"

Weary and tired from work, I soothe myself within the comfort of my home.

Laptop, purse and keys take their place as I hurry to change clothes.

As I undress I also take off the days burden and set it in my closet out of sight.

Comfortably clad in cotton, I gaze out of my bay window at the beautiful sight of the Wasatch mountain range. 


Imprinted desert flowers on muslin curtains bright with lavender, green, golden hues of varied floral petals.

Summer wild flowers stamped meticulously on loosely woven unbleached cotton,

captured forever on curtains... now blowing freely in the open window sill.

The last of the day's sun rays across the bedroom walls emits warmth still in the cool breeze. 

Sweet aroma of Navajo tea brewed from fresh stems gathered from the desert last fall. 

I squeeze in honey bought from local beekeepers and watch as it melts slowly in my tea cup. 

Lazy swirling vapor streaming up towards wooden beams, enticing and soothing.

I settle into my rustic oak chair nestled in the corner.


I can already feel the the tension leave my body as I rest my feet on the footstool.

Aaaahhhh....

the evenings first sip of relaxation from my favorite tea cup. Drawing out the moment

-inhaling and relishing the steam before tasting it.....

I am finally home.

© 2012 Jaweena...Eileen Quintana


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I prefer coffee and quiet time to ease me into my home and thoughts. I like your description. Made me wish to sit with you and watch the night take over the day and have a good discussion. Thank you for the good story.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Sharing your time and vision touched me to quiet me. I like your voice. I like the way you see what is around you. I'm interested in reading more of your writing.

My father just interrupted my review. He has a book for me. It's written by Geronimo's nephew who spent the last years with Geronimo as he was holding out. I know he was from one of the Apache bands, but it was sort of a coincidence so I figured I'd mention it to you.

I will come back and read more of your writing.

All the best to you -

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jaweena - what a lovely, lovely read.
Even though I am on the other side of the world from you, this is so familiar...
Thanks for sharing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lovely write could see you unwind

Posted 12 Years Ago


You are a man after my own heart...I would love to leisurely drink coffee watching the cascading of brilliant fire colors light up the evening sky in great company. It would be an honor to share and swap stories with you Coyote - come on over!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I prefer coffee and quiet time to ease me into my home and thoughts. I like your description. Made me wish to sit with you and watch the night take over the day and have a good discussion. Thank you for the good story.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

506 Views
5 Reviews
Added on February 20, 2012
Last Updated on July 15, 2012

Author

Jaweena...Eileen Quintana
Jaweena...Eileen Quintana

UT



About
"Ya'at'eeh" means hello in the Navajo language. My name is Eileen Quintana....Jaweena was a name that my brother called me when I was a baby. I am learning how to write about my unique perspective.. more..

Writing