When Banalisha attack.

When Banalisha attack.

A Chapter by Jason Venturi
"

A group of dark riders called Banalisha are seeking to bring the return of their dark god by any means. Here is a part of their hate.

"

 

They had been content with roving the lands, allying themselves with any denizen who could aid in finding a way to return their god. Now the leader of the Banalisha was gripped by zealous possession that spoke of actually bringing back his god.                     
“Throw aside your lives of observable hostility and shroud yourselves in secrecy. No one must be made aware of your coming,” were words that formed images from Luja. Then Luja fell silent for a single passing of breath before speaking again, “Only if your deception needs you to announce your powers are you to become merciless.”
The goddess was sure that most situations would ask the Banalisha to slay.             
As you demand of us, so we complete.““Tell us where Kaliak lies.”
“I had lost his shape, though I soon saw it once again,” whispered Luja.
Soon, pictures again swelled inside the Banalisha’s obscure mind, and spoke of new wisdom.
“The dark-elf is inside The Citadel Of Nightmares.”
“We shall immediately ride and seize him.”
“No,” became the only command that was heard.
“Allow us to take him,” the Banalisha thought. 
“Any disturbance of that place will stir those that must not be awoken. Ride to that part of Karthias and then do nothing until I command,” said the goddess.
“As you demand of us, so we complete.”
Steeds that could be spoken of as horses yet were gaunt and wreathed in the stench of death, instantly trotted over to the Banalisha. Thick riding blankets, dripping with foul magick had been draped over these creatures. They appeared to be living animals and if seen from afar, the Banalisha seemed to be nothing more than a band of galloping riders. Yet if a close meeting was made, nothing could hide the oppressive cloak that surrounded the Banalisha and covered most who were near, in despair and terror.
Across Karthias the Banalisha rode, with obvious intent pulling them ever on. When morning arrived, the servants of Banalasha needed to seek shelter away from its harmful light. Even though the sun would not destroy them, the day would burn those who violated it with their presence.
When dawn had arrived, a simple shack was spotted and the four galloped toward it. Their horses as could also not exist in the sun for too long.
In this small home, a family of humans had decided to move far away from civilisation. They believed because they had built their dwelling far away from areas that were frequently attacked by brigands, violence would not land on their doorstep. Living quietly for years on food they grew and water they drew from a built well, the family had no need for any one else. Just before the start of another dawn, they felt wary quickly turn into unseen terror. Through rolling eyes, six people stared at each other, though none could speak. After time swept by in a cloud of fear, a gentle tap at their door was heard. No one dared to move, until the father, against his will pushed himself up to his feet and slowly walked to the entrance. The handle was cold to the touch, and especially easy to open. Standing outside was a being, as tall as a man and cloaked only in black. He was instantly drawn to the two circles of jade hovering in the cowl in front of him. Nothing else was of worth.
He also did not see the silver blade that had quietly appeared in front of him. From the blade coiled out a tendril of yellow fog that lazily swam over to him. As if it was inhaled, the smoke drifted up the man’s nose, though continued to pour from the Banalisha’s sword. Large blisters appeared upon his face and any other skin shown. Suddenly his flesh bulged out, then quickly peeled back to finally begin to fall away in large pieces. All the while, this happened, the smoke drifted out from the Banalisha’s sword.
Not even seeing this death had pulled the remaining family, out of their terror. Gliding over a pile of bones, still wreathed by a yellow fog, the Banalisha moved over to the cowering group and sent them to meet their father.
Moving quietly, the rest of the Banalisha, followed by all the mounts, entered the home now devoid of life, and simply waited for the arrival of night.
 


© 2008 Jason Venturi


Author's Note

Jason Venturi
Please ignore grammar problems and comment on the writing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TLK
"Please ignore grammar problems"? And "comment on the writing"?

But grammar IS your writing: "In linguistics, grammar is the set of structural rules that governs the composition of clauses, phrases, and words in any given natural language."

Please explain to me how the structure of your phrases is not important.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
1 Review
Added on February 6, 2008
Last Updated on February 6, 2008


Author

Jason Venturi
Jason Venturi

London, United Kingdom



About
Hello, I like to think that I have a creative mind, while also keeping my body strong. In 1996 I had an accident and I thought to simply write using a computer to return dexterity to my left hand. Ov.. more..

Writing