Gone

Gone

A Poem by JamesQruer
"

Sometimes it's hard to remember simple details of the person you once cherished long ago, but you never forget the way they make you feel

"
Gone are the summer nights that we watched the trees dance, in the hot humid air love claimed our hearts.
We watched as the fire flies lit up the sky
Pretending they glowed just for you and I.

Gone are the days of playing in the fields, the smell of lavender putting us at ease.
We snuck out to meet where no parents or prying eyes would see. Lost are the thoughts of you and me.

The years have gone by and time has not been kind. I endured and suffered and I often cried.

I wish I could remember ever detail of those times, your eyes, your smile or what we talked about in the stillness of the night.
Yet the only thing I can recall is how you made me feel underneath the pale moonlight.

© 2016 JamesQruer


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

How much we wish that we could be with our loved ones forever. But that doesnot usually happens. Touching piece!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Very poignant. So true that memories are not so much a collection of features and faces and facts, but more the feelings left behind. Those memories are something we pull out of heads and wrap around us in the coldest, hardest moments. I enjoyed this piece. Thank you for posting.

Posted 7 Years Ago


JamesQruer

7 Years Ago

I am glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for your comment!☺
follywood

7 Years Ago

I liked this though it made me sad. It's very relatable.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 22, 2016
Last Updated on October 22, 2016
Tags: Love, sad

Author

JamesQruer
JamesQruer

Johannesburg, South Africa



About
“ To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighti.. more..

Writing