Forever Young chapter 2

Forever Young chapter 2

A Story by Jag

I awoke inside the house with father scurrying through the house like he lost something important. I pulled the covers down and attempted to sit up but found I was very weak and barely able to manage a prone position.
Pa, what's going on? I croaked as though I haven't had water in a week.
Immediately, my fathers attention turned to me and his worried gaze changed to a soft and loving look of relief. Oh my beautiful flower. I'm so glad your awake. My father said as he slowly knelt beside me. I was just getting some things around so were as comfortable as possible on the road to Nashaw this afternoon.
Nashaw I asked with incredulity. Why are we going to Nashaw?
Have the best doctors there and I can't put off getting you help any longer. He responded with a comforting smile.
But pa what a bout the farm. We can't just leave our stock and home. Who's going to... At that moment I remembered the man in the barn who had caught me when I nearly fainted.
The man in the barn I whispered in a nearly inaudible volume.
Yes my father replied. He has offered to watch over the stock and house until we return. My father said as he patted my leg and resumed his scurrying about.
But pa we don't even know him, what if ... My father cut me off mid sentence. Listen to me Anna. Your health is more important to me than a thousand farms. I've spoken with Tate and he strikes me as the honest and solid type. But even if he isn't and he burns the farm, I don't care. I'm taking my flower to the doctor and make sure she gets better ASAP. I'd rather clean stables in the city and see you healthy that have my farm and not have my beautiful flower. Please tell me u understand. He said softly yet eagerly.
I looked into my fathers eyes and saw his pain. My pain has always been secondary to that of my fathers until now. Because I now see my pain is his greatest pain. I would not continue to hurt him like this. I gave him a hug and said I love you pa. And I'll get better you'll see.
That's my girl he said. Now mr Tate has been staying in the barn and taking dam good care if the place mind you. When we return we may just move into the barn, he said thru a smile. He has a giant dog named Jesus. He patrols the farm and doesn't bother the animals one bit. I offered Tate the house to stay in while we're gone but he said he's fine in the barn. He offered to accompany us on the trip to be safer but I assured him if he could keep the farm running I could keep us safe on the trail. But he made me agree to let Jesus ride along for protection. I swear Anna that dogs as heavy as me and even taller when it stands on its hind feet. I really don't think anyone is going to trouble us with Jesus on the carriage.
That's when I saw the small vial hanging around his neck. Pa what's that around your neck? I asked in utter puzzlement. His hand immediately went to his neck as recognition spread across his face. Oh this is special medicine for Jesus should he become injured. Bit sure what it is though. He said as hd inspected the thimble sized bottles filled with a dark red liquid and stopped with corks. They hung from a strand of thin leather and were separated by a rectangular piece of leather dangling between the bottles.
There was a knock at the door then. Pa hurried over and opened the door motioning in Tate.
Ohh mr Tate I can't begin to thank you for offering to help out while we're off to the city.
It's the least I can do for good people like yourself who gave me shelter without knowing so much as my name. Can I help you load the carriage or anything, it's a Long trip and you'd better get moving if u wanna make Nashaw by sunset, Tate said as he grabbed a couple bundles pa had sitting by the door and headed out to the cart.

© 2013 Jag


Author's Note

Jag
Please let me know what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Its pretty good so far I can't give you any advice on how to make it better; since I started writing 3 months ago (more like two months i took a break because of school) . I think there's a few grammer mistakes, but I'm not an expert on that. I have a few myself. Every time I think I'm finished some one tells me you need a comma here, so I'm not gonna point any of those out. Because I could be wrong. Good luck with your writing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jag

11 Years Ago

Thanks for your time. ))

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 12, 2013
Last Updated on March 12, 2013

Author

Jag
Jag

WI



About
I love reading books and my wife told me I should try writing something sometime, so I did and I can't stop Now. It's my passion now so I'm hoping to get some Feedback and learn a thing or fifty a.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Jag


Forever Young Forever Young

A Book by Jag


Kids at Play Kids at Play

A Chapter by Jag