Forever Young chapter 1

Forever Young chapter 1

A Story by Jag

Anna woke early the following morning, against her bodies complaints of weariness and nausea, to get started on her chores before her father had a chance to stop her. Anna lived her father and hated seeing him work himself to death because of her inability to contribute in her current condition.
If I get back to work and let my body know what's expected I will surely get better far sooner than laying around the house" Anna murmured to herself as she slid into her chore cloths.
after taking a thirty foot detour around a puddle the size of a small lake, Anna unlatched the barn doors and swung the doors wide and stoppered them open. Standing erect after stopping to stopper the doors I was overwhelmed by dizziness and nausea. I clung to the door until she regained her equilibrium. I peered into the barn and was amazed at how clean and orderly everything was. Holy s**t. I muttered. I guess pa was working even harder than I thought. Never has the barn been so clean.
I started into the barn to check on the new calf but didn't even make it halfway across the main floor when my knees buckled. I braced for the inevitable impact but was shocked when my downward momentum was halted by a man who wasn't there a second ago. I looked up into his gold flecked green eyes with disbelief.
Young lady, your very sick. Why have you left your home? The strange man aside with apparent concern in his voice as he gently helped me to my feet.
Umm... Who are you? I muttered.
I am Tate. The stranger replied. I have taken shelter in your famines barn with your fathers permission of course and I try to be as helpful as your father will allow a stranger. He informed me.
Please, he continued, let me help you back to the house. Your far too sick to be out of the house and your father worries greatly about your health.
I retook control of myself as stood tall and tried to take a few deep breaths.
Look , umm, Tate. I've been sick for several weeks now with no sign of getting better. I'm pretty sure continuing to sit on my rump in the house is in no way going to help me get back on my feet. So... I'm going to work till this sickness gets the message and gets gone. Or kills me one. But I will not remain s prisoner in a sick bed. I exclaimed.
I do apologize if I seemed to be telling you what to do mam, this was not my intention. I was only thinking of your safety. His voice faded off as I stared into his amazing eyes.

© 2013 Jag


Author's Note

Jag
Please let me know what u think. Thnx

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

your story is very interesting, I like how you described the background and the exact features of the characters like how you said “gold flecked green eyes” very good description!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jag

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much. Ill keep that in mind as I write in the future. That is a three part story but .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
1 Review
Added on March 12, 2013
Last Updated on March 12, 2013

Author

Jag
Jag

WI



About
I love reading books and my wife told me I should try writing something sometime, so I did and I can't stop Now. It's my passion now so I'm hoping to get some Feedback and learn a thing or fifty a.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Jag


Forever Young Forever Young

A Book by Jag


Kids at Play Kids at Play

A Chapter by Jag