Life and Death

Life and Death

A Story by JadaFrost
"

Life is the Death's heart

"

Life and Death. 

Death....
A single word yet has a lot of meaning.
For decades I've been waiting for him to take me. I was prepared.
But he didn't come. My life was a waste. I didn't bother to care for anyone 'cause I knew, any moment from now, death will come.
One day, I strolled to the park, to relax, to internalize and to rest. But a man caught my attention. He was wearing a plain blue shirt and shorts. He was standing beside the bridge. He looks tired and frustrated, and dead. I silently stared at him. then he went up and was about to jump when he saw me walking towards him. I didn't want to interrupt him and I don't even care if he wants to die, I just wanted to see him clearly. his eyes were red and dry, maybe due to who-knows-why-the-hell-did-he-cried, his lips were pale, scratches all over his neck, and scars on his arms and he was really pale and sick. We just stared at each other for a couple of minutes. Then he finally speaks, "I was looking for you for a thousand times... I got lost in this world of yours. I never thought that you will find me, and see me in this kind of situation. I wanted to go back." I was confused 'cause I don't really know what he was talking about. "Why did you cry?" I asked. "I was wandering here for almost a year. For an unknown reason. All I know before was that I died already. But then, I woke up. But no life, no heart, just like a dead who's still breathing. I live again to find my heart" 
"Your heart?" 
"Yes, my heart." then he held my hand and put it on his chest. His hands were cold as ice--like a dead. I didn't felt any heartbeat. Maybe he's right. 
"But where is it?"
"I don't know, I don't even know why I am still here. Why did I come back to life-- err sort of" he smiled, a little. Enough to for me to recognize him. He is....
"Yes..... I am death. The moment I saw you, All my memories came back."
I looked at his eyes, those pair of dark green eyes who pierces to my soul. I know him... Memories also came back.... We live in an orphanage and He is my best friend. He offered life to me. He is death, and I am life. He saved me.. from death. He offered me his heart so I can live. He died, I live. I was in a deep comma after my operation, while him.. he was resting in peace. I didn't remember anything after my operation. I felt guilty for what happened. A tear fell down on my cheeks, I've been so cruel to him. It was my fault.
He placed his hand on my cheeks and wiped my tears. "Silly.. why are you crying?" I didn't say any word. He was still gentle and caring. 
"You've been waiting for me right? now here I am. beside you." I didn't expect that death will come today. I was crying the whole time. It was really him. I hugged him tight and whispered... "Let's die together death." I am embracing death, with all my heart and soul. I've been waiting for him, for a very long time. And now here he is, taking me.

© 2016 JadaFrost


Author's Note

JadaFrost
hello.. first time to post here. I'm still working on my grammars. sorry if this story is lame hahaha.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really enjoyed this story. I thought the twist of the characters' relation to each other was brilliant. I'm not going to nit-pick your grammar because I assume that your first language is Tagalog. I know that I wouldn't be able to compose a good story in a language that wasn't my first. So I give you kudos for that. Well done. I'm glad I read it. Keep writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

JadaFrost

8 Years Ago

Wow thanks hahaha Filipina here hahaha :)



Reviews

I really enjoyed this story. I thought the twist of the characters' relation to each other was brilliant. I'm not going to nit-pick your grammar because I assume that your first language is Tagalog. I know that I wouldn't be able to compose a good story in a language that wasn't my first. So I give you kudos for that. Well done. I'm glad I read it. Keep writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

JadaFrost

8 Years Ago

Wow thanks hahaha Filipina here hahaha :)
Hello
Im not going to bother you with grammar hunting, because I myself am very sloppy with my own. Im sure someone else better at it will take a swing in helping you with it.
It was a nice easy read with meaning.
I think you could ve developed a bit more, just to give more atmosphere to this dark tale, also to distance your story from the clichés it has but in general was really good.

Im giving you 95/100
Thank you for sharing this story and welcome to the club

Posted 8 Years Ago


JadaFrost

8 Years Ago

Omg!~ Thank you for telling me your thoughts. I'm still trying to express my thought(it's really har.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 10, 2016
Last Updated on August 10, 2016
Tags: Death and life

Author

JadaFrost
JadaFrost

Rizal, 4A, Philippines



About
Introvert Problems more..

Writing
Goodnight Goodnight

A Poem by JadaFrost


Firing Out Firing Out

A Story by JadaFrost